Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Choreographed Fights?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Favorite Choreographed Fights? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The title is self-explanatory really, which film/s do you think has the best fight scenes? Which impress you the most? Which are the most creative, stylish and complex? Weapons or no weapons which look authentic to you?

For me, it has to be Drunken Master with Jackie Chan. The stuff he does in that movie is nothing short of amazing, while it's realism is definately debatable (how many drunkards could beat up legions of people?), the way Jackie moves and the stunts he pulls off during fight scenes are great. He slivers all over his opponents and hits them in very strange ways.

What are your favorites?
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jackie Chan is very good with choreographed fights PERIOD :D He's always using weird stuff to fight people with.

Putting aside Jackie Chan though, I'd have to say Shaolin Soccer is also pretty funny....well...they aren't actually suppossed to be "fighting" per se but the way they play soccer makes it look almost like a fight, despite some of the moves having the cheesiest names ever. :*laugh*:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh, Drunken Master is a classic. I'd have to say Hero, though. I absolutely adore that movie-- as some of you may have noticed in my previous avatar and banner set. That movie definitely has some of the most beautifully choreographed fighting in the history of cinema. Also, one of the few movies I've seen to feature a duel with a character wielding a spear-- I love spears. ^_^

Shaolin Soccer is a really fun movie. heh.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite fight scene is unquestionnably the rain fight scene between Wong Fei-Hung and Iron Robe Yim from Once Upon A Time In China. Its just so dramatic and epic that it really blew me away. The addition into the fight of the plank of wood added a unique edge to the fight, and the rain really added to the drama and created such an atmosphere. Very nice indeed.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is my favorite fight scene of all-time. I will be so bold as to say it's the greatest choreographed fight scene ever put on film.

They Live fight scene

It's so great that Matt Stone and Trey Parker decided to reshoot the entire fight scene for scene for their classic "Cripple Fight".

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is indeed a good choice Tull, how is it possible for them to take such a brutal beating? :*laugh*:
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like the fight scenes in "House of Flying Daggers", i find them both entertaining as fights but also very beautiful at the same time.

Also an honourable mention to Kung Fu Hustle, they where just hilarious.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I managed to find a video of the fight I was talking about for those who might be interested in seeing it. The person posting it claims that it isn't the best fight ever, but I certainly enjoyed it.

Iron Robe Yim vs. Wong Fei Hung

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree with Hayashi. Drunken Master and Drunken Master 2 have some great coreography. One of my favorites is this fight scene from Drunken Master 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu4SpNzuY4I

Next would come Kung Fu hustle, which had a lot of good action with the three heroes of the city before the riddiculous finale. They had me until the beast unleashed his frog technique. :P

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Come on people..."Cripple Fight!"

Though I would have to say that the slap fight between Kyle and Cartman during part 2 of the Cartoon Wars two-parter was also a classic one.

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pdkd2ANP8B0

Is this what you want, Tull?

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They ripped the fight from the movie punch for punch I see. Theres a movie on youtube that plays both at the same time...
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deadly Assassin wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pdkd2ANP8B0

Is this what you want, Tull?

Nah, the one I'm talking about was when Kyle and Cartman went to the Fox Studios and ended up fighting each other by slapping each other. This was the Family Guy spoof episode.

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deadly Assassin wrote:
I have to agree with Hayashi. Drunken Master and Drunken Master 2 have some great coreography. One of my favorites is this fight scene from Drunken Master 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu4SpNzuY4I

This was honestly the first fight that came to my mind when I saw the topic. Jackie Chan was incredible in that fight. The only other two I'd say I enjoyed as much was the end fight of Phantom Menace with Darth Maul against Qui-gon Jin and Obi Won Kenobi, and the ending of the movie Ong-Bak. Tony Jaa just looks like the last person I'd ever want to fight..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tyDXsK5jM (this is only the fight scene. It cuts out the other scenes of the few other events going on during this time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr5kTVBBYMQ&mode=related&search=
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kai Ver' Xion wrote:
Tony Jaa just looks like the last person I'd ever want to fight..

but, my favourite fight scene is probably all of ong bak, or much of house of flying daggers. big fan of both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: