Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Animal Euthanasia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thor McOdin wrote:
P.S. Any thoughts on a new dog?

Since you know what'll come eventually, that's completely up to you. :)
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forgot to mention. In Britian the government pays for Vets fees if you earn under a certain amount or on benefits.

There are called pet cards basically and it gives free vet care for upto 4 animals. Its not illegal to use someone elses policy as well. Thats what my parents are doing right now.

But if they did'nt have that freind it would be costly indeed.

8949 Potch
19 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to hear about your dog

You have my sympathies, i remember when my mom died in a car crash i asked questions similar to this

But like as whats said above... try to remeber the good times

It helps incredibly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
I From wha I've read, horses are put to sleep if they can no longer walk and I suppose it's pretty logical, seeing that horses like to run about.

well, think about it. Thats what the horse does. It walks on what would be like a finger in a person, weighs what? 1,000 pounds?
some slight fractures could be mended by putting a sling on its belly, but worse breaks cannot be mended (I forget exactly why) also I belive Horses don't do well on 3 legs, unlike dogs and cats.

when any of the pets can no longer move its still a bad sign of their health. I guess some people would like to carry their German Shepard dogs outside to eleminate wastes then swab the dog and carry it back, but is that any life for the animal?

as it was said if the animal is no longer enjoying life when sick and old its then do they suggest putting it down, if the dog is still somewhat healthy and youngish you could do other things, like that woman with "wheelie willy"

and the vets aren't all doom bringers, when i had a lizard that had a hole in its tail (leopard gecko) the vet thought maybe it was an infection or something burrowed into it. Reptiles heal poorly, but even when it lost the tail he wasn't all "oh well its gonna posslby die from infection anyway we shold put it down" no. well sadly my lizard died on its own from who knows what.
again, if you want to go through the expensies go ahead, if you want to give your cat blood transfusions for lukemia its what you think is best right?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys you wont F***ING BELEIVE THIS!

Let me explain real qiuck, my dog does'nt live with me, he lives with my parents who live down the road. I found out he was gonna be put down on sunday 2 weeks ago, (thats when I have archery practice with my step-dad) I did'nt have practice last week and did'nt talk to my family. Anyway I stopped in today and could'nt help but notice that my dog was still alive.

Turns out that some BS vet mistook a deformed/overgrown bone thing for cancer and was getting the needle ready when another vet spotted the real problem and simply gave spike some steriods to sort him out.

P.S. I officially think vets are insane rip-off merchants from now on.

I feel bad becuase you were all so kind, thanks again for all your concern. I really appreciate it. Guess hes got a couple of years left.

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn it, zegai, sorry I didnt notice this topic, I am very fond of pets and I would have told you this: Dont put your gog to "sleep" just because they have diagnosed him a cancer or any other illness. I would wait till the poor animal was feeling pain, then i would take it to the vet, as I have done in the past.

Great news to know the jerk vet was wrong! :D
I was once told a bunny was going to die, just because a fungus... :*laugh*:
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I guess that's why the phrase "Let's look for a second opinion" was invented for, Zegai.

Good thing your dog is alive and kicking!
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah lol, why could'nt this happen to a human family member! I could sue then and be laoded.

Bloody Vets.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am happy for you, Zegai. :)
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Surely you need to rename the topic now^^

I'm glad everything has worked out for the best (eventually).

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol oh yeah, will do.

Fighting First

139174 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a sad issue. With pets that are suffering and hurt to much to do day to day tasks that they should be put down. Also strays are a growing problem but i beleive that these animals should not be put down. This aminals should be given a chance to find a home.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm for it, but it still hurts the same; i had to put our squirrell girl to sleep two years ago when she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. it was heartbreaking; we'd had her since she was about three months old, and at the age of eight, we'd expected her to be around at least another four years, based on her size and breed mix. unfortunately, it was not to be...

veterinarians aren't always (just the ones without hearts) cold about it, but they do have to display a certain detachment; it gives the owner an unbiased opinion, after the outlook has been determined. i've worked for a few, a couple were heartless bastards, but the ones who did get upset took care not to do so in front of the owners but waited until they were alone...a death is a death, and it does affect them, just not in the same way it does a person whos had that pet with them for that time.

i've also had to put one to sleep when i was deployed in haiti; it made me feel like utter crap, so i can imagine how a vet who does it many times over must feel. you have to maintain a level of detachment just to perform it-something i doubt i could ever develop.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sniper_Zegai wrote:

I feel bad becuase you were all so kind, thanks again for all your concern. I really appreciate it. Guess hes got a couple of years left.

it happens in people too. Vets and Doctors aren't magikal gods. thats why you have second opinions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
Sniper_Zegai wrote:

it happens in people too. Vets and Doctors aren't magikal gods. thats why you have second opinions.

fair enough, but still. I think it was some sort of weird mistake. The bone thing looked like cancer on x-ray or something but the Vet did'nt bother to check if it was in other places, which is what he should have done. It just seemed like an ameteur mistake and given the fact they charge insane prices they could at least be certain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: