Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cover Songs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Cover Songs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if anyone here plays guitar, but over at FFGurus I had a Cover Song thread with Shad4k where we posted our recorded songs. Most of my old ones aren't very good, so I won't bother posting them, but here is my latest cover of the Neutral Milk Hotel song Holland, 1945.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/holland-1945-wav.html

If there are any other instrument players, please post your recordings.

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh hey hey hey The Mountain Goats.

This is my take on Home Again Garden Grove. I love doing the vocals to this song. It's absolutely ridiculous. :)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/29/711270/Shad4k%20-%20Garden%20Gro ve.mp3
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a CD of covers that I've done. It's none too shabby I suppose, though it was recorded by myself in my church using the sound equipment there. I'll figure out how to upload stuff and tell me if ya' like it. O and someone could PM me if they were feeling nice and tell me the best way to go about getting this thing on the internet with as much ease as is humanly possible.

I've got a pretty good cover of Marc Cohn's Walkin' In Memphis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Insert cd, download an old version of cd-da, tag it if you wish, click go, go to fileden.com, upload away.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've spent all day playing The Spoken Wheel and With a Wonder and a Wild Desire by Flogging Molly and thought I'd have a go at it. In addition to my microphone being moody, my arm was so worn out from playing for hours that I really botched the rhythm. I'll post it up here anyway just for kicks. At 5:49 this is one of the longer recordings I've made:

Flogging Molly - The Spoken Wheel/With a Wonder and a Wild Desire

Also, last night I recorded a shorter version of the song. I was pretty hammered at the time and forgot the intro and outro entirely, but what I did get out I think sounds infinitely better than what I did tonight. Apparently 40s enhance my guitar and vocal skills tremendously, which is awesome because I've never recorded anything in such a state before and always assume I sound like a jackass when I'm playing around people. This turned out pretty great:

Flogging Molly - With a Wonder and a Wild Desire (missing bits but better)
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

irecordedthisdrunkandforgottheendbutfloggingmollyyay.mp3

Haha, well done mate.

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first major recording with my new Orange Crush 15 amp and I think it's pretty good. This is Hybrid Rainbow, yet another cover of The Pillows.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2210138b74d311/

I was getting tired by the time I got to the solo, so it isn't as great as it should be, but all together, I think it was a good effort.

I think someone should always listen to the original after listening to a cover so that if I did a horrible job, you won't think badly of the song. So I'm going to start posting the youtube videos after the cover. This is the PV of Hybrid Rainbow by the pillows.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bWIrPL4IhZ0

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nicely done. I see you continue to improve on the side of electric guitar, with plenty of little licks in that that might not stand out as much to the common ear but I know take a lot of practice and effort to nail down.

I was going to upload a version of Oh Comely that I just recorded a few minutes ago, thinking it was the best go I'd yet had at it, but I just went back and listened to a version I did in January and it sounds infinitely better. :\
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I made up the the licks that I play throughout most of the song in the background to make it sound a little fuller. The original licks by Manabe are extremely complicated and difficult, so I had fun adding a little originality to it.

Though I am playing almost exclusively electric guitar, don't think that I've forgotton about acoustic guitar or the good old Decemberists. I was thinking about learning The Legionnaire's Lament or something like that sometime soon.

I must hear some of you accordian playing once you learn a good Irish folk song or something. It's not a very common instrument, but it sounds awesome when played well.

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This isn't a cover song. It's something I wrote last night and today. It's only a minute.:

Apocalyptic Kitten - Twiddle
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I mentioned in the IRC, that's actually quite good. It's great to see that you're not just a good musician, but also looking into writing, and other aspects of music. Very cool. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been working for days on this song! This is my cover of Gazelle City, one of the few Pillows songs that are actually in English. I recorded a bass line and drums (me hitting the box that my amp came in) along with the two guitar parts. I am no singer, so the vocals are a bit weak, but overall, I think this is my greatest cover yet. Enjoy.

Gazelle City

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's not bad at all. The recording quality is pretty decent all around. It sounds like you're taking a Jovianesque approach to things more and more. I like the vocals quite a lot actually. They have more of a semi-professional vibe to them than the 'some kid singing in to a microphone' sound I expected. It worked well.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cover of Against Me!'s Baby, I'm an Anarchist

^___________^

Last edited by Shad on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh hey here's something else:

Ghost (Neutral Milk Hotel)

Any excuse to scream at the top of my lungs is a good one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: