Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL Draft 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to just echo what Tull said already. I think that New England team is just too good to let the pressure get to them this year. After winning in the big game so many times, I don't even think the pressure gets to many of them anymore, especially Tom Brady who's already got three rings. (Likely to get more, possibly as many as six...)

Now, there are exceptions, of course, like that piece of trash Reche Caldwell. (No, I won't back off on him.) But, most of those guys have won it before, and know how to deal with the pressure and the hype. And hell, if Moss doesn't make an ass out of himself and actually decides to work, (and I think he'll have to in order to avoid getting benched in New England), they're going to have another great year. Neither Manning is even a tenth the quarterback or person Tom Brady is, and now that Brady has receivers comparable to Harrison and Wayne, everyone will see just how much better Tom Brady really is, and there won't be a debate. Barring any serious injuries, I'd love to see Brady shatter all the single-season records that piece of shit Peyton Manning put up.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I think this season, the New England Patriots are definitely the favoite going into the season for the Super Bowl for the AFC. Indianapolis lost some key guys and didn't fill those gaps up as well as they could have. But they're definitely not out of the race. New England was so close last year and their team has only gotten better offensively. There's no way in hell they are going to lose the AFC East. Buffalo, Miami and New York all are in rebuilding years. The only team in the East they could have a chance of losing to is New York. Buffalo and Miami just suck.

Another reason that I think New England is going to be the favorite in the AFC is because of their schedule. They do not face many high profile teams. Aside from Week 2 (Chargers), Week 9 (Colts), and Week 13 (Ravens) they're not facing any teams I think are too big of a threat. Aside from the perrenial 2 matches against the Jets, Bills and Dolphins, they face teams like the Browns, Bengals, Cowboys, Redskins and Steelers. All teams that are set to have mediocre seasons. They're going to be in the playoffs and most likey have that 1st round bye.

As for the future of the team, I think they're in good shape too. After this year, they're still going to have a decent team. If they re-sign Stallworth thet will do them for receivers. And I'm fully expecting Randy Moss to become a better receiver than he was in Oakland. Seriously, he sucked there because the rest of te team sucked. He's on a team that can get him to the playoffs, something he hasn't had since his early days in Minnesota. Why does everyone think he sucks? Sure he could have done more in Oakland, but nobody else on that team showed any effort, what did he have to gain by showing effort? He was able to slack off and still be the best receiver that team had. He got his way out of there and is now on a team poised to be holding the Lombardi trophy. I think he played the Raiders well. He saw that even if he tried, the Raiders wouldn't be in contention, so he slacked and got a trade. He's not an idiot.

In related Randy Moss news, what do all of you think about Bret Favre's comments on the Packers? He apparently wanted to be traded after he found out that the Packers did not pursue a deal for Randy Moss. A lot of people are calling him self-centered. I'm disagreeing with this. Bret could have retired before last year, but he came back because he saw a team that was pretty good. They went 8-8 dispite everyone saying they were crap. I saw what Bret saw. They are a team of promising young players, and if they just got a few key players they could easily overtake the bears as leaders in that division. Witht he NFC as weak as it is the Packers could have made some good offseason moves and jumped right into the forefront of the NFC race. But instead he watched the team not make any adjustments and only lose players that were needed. I would be pissed off too. He's extending his career to try and make the Packers a winning franchise before he goes and they turn around and don't give him any support. Now, I'm not agreeing that he should be traded. At his age, there'd be few teams that could use him, but there are teams out there that would take him. I just think Bret can still make it work in Gren Bay. Also, I hate seeing players who have been on one team so long jump ship just because they want a championship.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

In related Randy Moss news, what do all of you think about Bret Favre's comments on the Packers?

Favre is full of crap, no one is saying the patriots would get any better after getting a few pro bowlers and some really good players, yet he thinks he can make a difference on a team that's not the packers? where's he gona go to do that? chicago? I think the packers have just as good a shot to do something this years as your NYG, STL, and SF(I hope they suck as bad as possible so the pats will get a higher pick), and for favre to bitch like that only makes himself seem like an idiot and shows to everyone including his team that he's not even close to the leader people thought he was.

Quote:

They're going to be in the playoffs and most likey have that 1st round bye.

I hope so, if the pats don't at least make it to the super bowl this year it would be a disappointment. I am very satisfied with what they have already done, but in my mind they were only a few calls and plays away in their last 2 playoff losses from going on to win both of those super bowls when they really didn't have good enough teams to deserve it, so now they finally got the players to win it all I hope they do.

Quote:

If they re-sign Stallworth thet will do them for receivers. And I'm fully expecting Randy Moss to become a better receiver than he was in Oakland. Seriously, he sucked there because the rest of te team sucked. He's on a team that can get him to the playoffs, something he hasn't had since his early days in Minnesota. Why does everyone think he sucks?

I think there's no chance they will hold on to stallworth after this year, I thought the 20 mil or whatever 5 year contract only pays him 3. something this year but has a 5 mil bonus before next march, unless he is by far their number one guy this year they'd be stupid to pay that. I don't get why people don't think moss will be great either but being a patriots reciever it would likely mean at best 70-80 catches for around 1100 yards and 5-8 TDs, not top 5 WR stats but if moss gets close to that he'd be gone too cause I doubt bad news billy will pay almost double for him long term next year with all his problems.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as I like to agree that Favre should just be quiet, I still think its disingenious to say that he has no reason to gripe. If the Green Bay Packers really wanted to move on and begin re-tooling the team for the next generation then they should just cut him loose. Bill Walsh and the 49ers were quite good in letting veteran players go even when they migth still have some skill to contribute. Hell, he traded for Steve Young to be his back-up knowing how much it would piss Joe off. But he did it to keep the team at a high level.

The Packers GM (Ted Thompson) and head coach (Mike McCarthy) wanted to placate Packers fans and I think they also thought Favre wouldn't complain since he has always been a team guy in the past. Their defense really was a priority, but only if they were rebuilding the way the 49ers were in the past couple years. But they had to have known that for Favre to help the team succeed they needed help in the offense, especially at runningback. I think even going defense with their first pick was the right way but picking a player who could have easily been taken lower in the round probably added in the frustration. The Packers could've traded a few picks down, gotten more selections in the later rounds and still get their players.

So, I can't say I blame Favre for supposedly mouthing off about wanting to be traded then not attending mandatory minicamp, supposedly. Thompson and McCarthy knew that they had to surround their best QB with people he could throw to and help on the offense and they didn't. Whether Favre is right in complaining is a debate that can go on and on, but its plain to see that Thompson could've avoided all this by either cutting ties with Favre or making him happy. Favre has been the face and only real consistent talent in Green Bay for years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: