Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 3 Missable Characters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Suikoden 3 Missable Characters Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys, I'm currently playing Suikoden 3. I played all of the suikoden games except this.

Are there any missable Stars of Destiny here?
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, I don't believe there are.. None that I can think of anyway.
SwissStopwatch

Largest Falco Tribute Band Ever

186774 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I don't think that's quite correct. I think it is in fact possible to lose a few Stars of Destiny by choosing to flee early from a certain scenario near the end of the game. In that case, though, remember to act all heroic and stuff, and you ought to end up getting them. If you want me to be more specific on how to get them instead of missing them, then you can highlight the space in this post after the end of this paragraph, but be warned, you might have a tiny bit of the story spoiled for you, and since you say you've never played this one, you might not want that, I'm guessing. Fair warning, alright? If you just want to know the names of the ones you can miss, go ahead and highlight the first line slowly.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to lose Franz, Ruby, Iku, Duke, Gau, Elaine, and Nicolas during Geddoe's scenario in the cave at Le Buque in Chapter 5, IF you choose to abandon the villagers by fleeing from the series of battles at Le Buque instead of fighting through all of them. You also might be able to lose them if you refuse to ask Duke and his cohorts for help when they arrive. I'm not totally sure if that's the case since I only played through once. Nevertheless, the sure way to get them is to fight through all the battles there and to ask for help.

OK, we're done with the spoilers now.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just played that part of the game. When Duke and gang show up, neither choice effects you in a negative way.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, What you're saying Demon Eyes Kyo, is neither of your choices in helping the villagers will affect your recruiting?

Is that, correct?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you can miss landis i believe. you can miss lots of people if you continue to the final chapter.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blue star wrote:
So, What you're saying Demon Eyes Kyo, is neither of your choices in helping the villagers will affect your recruiting?

Is that, correct?

Since you apparently already read Swiss's blacked out space, I won't mark spoilers for this. I may not be Kyo, but I know the answer. You can say whatever you want to Duke when he shows up and he will join along with the villager Stars. You do however have to choose to stay behind and defend them. You choose to run away and you miss them all.

There are many opportunities to get many Stars since any of the three heroes usually has the chance to recruit people and in chapter four, a lot of people you didn't (but could have) recruited in chapters 1-3 are still available, but in chapter five, some people may disappear. I tend to recruit everyone very early so I've never missed anyone because of that.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be a stupid thing to do, but don't chase Koroku the dog away. I mean, it's common sense to adopt the poor puppy, but I figured I might as well say it.
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know Barts? After the lizard clan attacked Iksay, I went to VdZ to buy some Grape C but when I went back to Iksay, he wasn't there.
And also Ayame, I already got Watari and I went to the north cavern to recruit her but she wasn't there.

???
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to talk to Watari in Budehuc before going to recruit Ayame.

You can recruit Barts in the next chapter or two after the lizards attack as long as you have Grapes.

If that doesn't help, then I don't know what to say.

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But Barts isn't there. Oh noes! Did I miss him?
Lazureus

22562 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He should be there in chapter 4 and 5 for sure. He was one of the last people I recruited, and that was either in late 4, or early 5.
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have a statue S or any thing "S". And I'm already on Hugo's Chapter 3. Will I get to recruit billy in chapter 4?

I've already tried horseback racing but I don't get prize after I finish.

Hmmm...
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Defeat some dungeon bosses. I think that the boss on Mountain Path often leaves big statues behind in its treasure boxes. I would say beat those bosses until you find it. The bosses reappear after a while, so if you beat them all and haven't found what you need, train for a little bit and then you can try again. Good luck!
Howling Voice

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only missable character I can think of is Duke and his gang. If you choose to abandon the villagers before he shows up you won't get him as far as I know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: