Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Maple Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Maple Story Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just downloaded this game earlier today. I have heard some good things and some bad things about it but only from a few people. I also know 2 of my friends who play Maple Story, but they are rather high levels I think and wont want to be bothered by a noob like me.

I have heard that the game has a problem with kill stealing and that leveling up is really hard. Also, i have heard that his game has a lot of level grinding involved in this game.

thoughts?

Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use to have an account. I hardly played it though, my connection was too slow. I had a rather noobish character...only a level 14 warrior.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I managed to level up my chara to level 23 ninja I think before I got bored =\ I just sorta ran out of simple quests to do...
finally deleted the thing off my harddrive as I found some other mmorpg I was interested in playing
(and yeah yeah I know Maple Story is not a mmorpg technically speaking)

By the way...just to let you know...there's already a Maple Story thread floating around....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a couple high leveled characters. But I don't play anymore, it gets tedious after the first week of playing. I didn't have any problems with kill stealing, but I also avoided heavily populated areas.

But yeah, once you get to like level 15, it's just the same thing over and over again trying to gain levels.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uh sorry if this topic was created before, I did a search but I did not see it. so I guess I will probrobly get bored of this game soon. well shucks...maybe Ill just go back to silkroad

Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played it to about level 10, got bored, and stopped playing. Also I discovered that nearly everyone who actually plays it gets hacks for the actual game.
Zabuza

Hidden Mist Demons

0 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played for a little bit. lvl 29 Warrior, After my computer crashed i didnt feel like downloading it again so i just forgot about the game.

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played for a little bit during one of the beta phases. I only got to about level 10 before getting bored though....
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've wanted to try it, but like almost all the other cool-looking little online games, there's no freakin' Mac version. >_<

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, forgot about this. I'm actually giving away accounts at the moment. I've already given away my 25+ account, but I think I have a level 10+ warriorish type and a level 5 or 6 magicish type.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, am I seeing things or am I the highest leveled person here?
I started playing this game in December 2005, and my highest leveled character is a level 69 Hunter. I don't play on Maple Global (The version for all English speaking players who don't have their own version) though; I play on MapleSEA.
If there's one thing I like about this game, it has to be the gameplay. Although I must admit that Maple Story's gameplay gets extremely repetitive after some time, the good thing about it is that the game starts off very simply, hence making it good for beginning MMORPG players. The interface is also pretty good and you can customize your controls well. The grinding part is very difficult for most people to handle at higher levels; at level 31, the EXP you need to level goes up to six digits and at somewhere around level 60 and above, the total EXP you need to level up goes into the millions. At that point, you'll certainly feel like giving up.
The graphics are one of the things I like about this game, as they are 2d and colorful. The costume designs are also quite good, but if you don't have access to PayPal or prepaid cards, you're going to be left sorely wanting.
Perhaps the best thing about Maple Story is that pretty much any computer can run it easily. Unlike other games like WoW, you won't need a good graphics to run Maple Story smoothly. I think that in the long run, this, the graphics and the fact that it's free keep it going.
As of now, Maple Global actually has very few hackers because of something that Nexon did with the patch and they have New Leaf City, which is the Maple Global exclusive city (all the versions are supposed to have a city unique to their version). Likewise, Maple SEA has its own exclusive city as well. Can't say the same thing about the attitude of the players though, since my friends keep complaining about how stupid they are.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got to level 14, and then I shot myself in the foot because my life was just lacking excitement that bad. I dunno, between the repetitiveness, hackers, and the feeling of triumph from killing a mushroom, and then shame for being proud about it....was too much for me :*laugh*:

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually still playing it right now...
a lvl 72 Dragon Knight Maple Global Windia server XD
care to join me? :P
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excuse me for sounding dumb, but what's Maple Story (other than an MMORPG)?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maplestory, eh? I remember playing that game only because my friends did. Playing without them made it boring. I remember hacking in isolated areas..I was so SICK of grinding just to get 1 level up. Speaking of MS, they're planning to make it an animated series.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: