Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is your favorite movie character?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Who is your favorite movie character? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not very sure why I do it, but I tend to rank my favorite things in life. It's just something I've done since I was little. Being a movie buff, I started watching some of my favorite movies and began wondering who was my absolute favorite movie character of all time.

I realize its sometimes hard for people to rank their favorites, but I figured I'd ask the question to those who can. Who is your favorite and why? This could be based on the actors performance or just the actual character themself.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is quite difficult to rank and choose since theres quite a list of movie characters I consider a favorite. Usually they're characters that were just so well-written but at the same time the stars aligned in the sky and the perfect actor gets the role.

S.D. Robert (Bob) "Snake" Plissken - What is not to like about this most badass of all badass movie characters ever. He is the epitome of the anti-hero. He's against the established authority despite being part of it in the beginning of his career. The fact that even the most hardened convict in the Manhattan prison complex were in awe of meeting him while trying to kill him just shows how badass Snake was. Snake Plissken was so badass that Hideo Kojima had no choice...no choice but to base Solid Snake on the role Kurt Russell made his own.

R.J. MacReady - Another Kurt Russell character written by John Carpenter makes my favorite list. R.J. MacReady was just the coolest thing in one of the best sci-fi horror of the past 30-40 years: The Thing. Anyone who has seen this classic would know what I am talking about. MacReady was the only one who knew what the deal was once all the weird, blood and gore stuff started hitting the fan. He beat a several-hundred thousand year-old alien who could be anything and anyone. That cements him as another badass character in my opinion.

Wyatt Earp - I don't mean the Kevin Costner one but the one played by he that is lord of all tough guys: Kurt Russell. His portrayal of Wyatt Earp as the biggest alpha dog on the block made Tombstone for me. Anyone who can shout the line that hell was coming with him to seek vengeance on his enemies is one tough hombre.

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After a lot of thought. I think I've finally come to a decision as to my favorite movie character. Surprisingly, my character also comes from the movie Tombstone. As great as Kurt Russel was in that movie..he wasn't the one who really stuck out to me. My character is Val Kilmer with the Role of Doc Holliday.

Kilmer hit the role perfectly of the cocky, intellegent, refined southern gentleman with a love for gambling and a VERY quick gun. He just has an aura about him the whole movie that screams "I'm better than you and theres nothing you can do about it." Usually I'd hate someone like that..but the fact that he can back himself up in just about everyway made him really appeal to me.

If you havn't seen this movie, see it.

"I'm your huckleberry"
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mince is proabably The Dude. He is played by Jeff Bridges in the movie "The big Lebowski". It is my favourite movie with some others (like Shawshank Redemption and Twelve Angry Men for example). In this role Bridges isn't any kind of hero type. He just want to have a 'White Russian', smoke a joint and have his 'f***ing rug back, which really tied the room together'... :mrgreen:

The Fool
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

can't say i have a favorite one. there's just to many to name.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
timelord

Urak Warriors

2300 Potch
62 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If i have to choose my favourite movie character it must be Russel Crow in his role in Gladiator. He just fits in the role of a leader and stands out as a true wild man if he has to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm like a lot of people. I can't name just one character from any single movie. I'm a fan of a lot of different movie types and to name any one character from all the movies wouldn't do justice to all the other movies.

Because I just saw Spiderman 3, it makes me think of my favorite Spiderman character on the big screen. I thought Dr. Otto Octavius (my favorite Spiderman villain too) was one of the best on screen portrayals of their comic book persona. Dr. Octopus ruled.

Another Alfred Molina movie has one of my all time favorite characters. While I njotice Tombstone getting a lot of love, I chose another western-type movie. One based on the James Garner television show, "Maverick". I thought Bret Maverick in the movie Maverick was one of the coolest guys ever. His demeanor, and personality was very well done. I loved the show and I think Mel pulled it off well on the big screen.

One of my favorite movies of all time is the Green Mile. I loved all the characters from that movie, but to put a finger on the best, I'd have to go with Eduard Delacroix. I don't know why I found him the most appealing of all the great characters. I just liked his naive demeanor. I find it hard to beleive he'd be sentenced to death. He loved his pet mouse like a child. He was so brilliantly portrayed by the late Michael Jeter.

Finally, I'm going to give dual credit to Frank Miller. Both Leonidas and Marv from 300 and Sin City, respectively, were brilliant characters. Both made me pull for them dispite the odds. Marv was one of the coolest criminals ever to grace the screen and Leonidas was one of the best leaders to grace the screen.

Its strange, most of my favorite characters and movies are movies that were made from a book or comick book to the big screen. And even Maverick was originally a TV series. I guess I don't care more Movies that were intended to be movies originally. Hmm, weird.

I'll give props to Eden though, the Dude is one hell of a great character. Kai Ver' Xion, great topic, who is your favorite Movie character?

EDIT: Holy crap. I forgot one of the best of all time! How'd I forget this one! Clint Eastwood's role as Blondie in "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" was epic. How could you not love the masculinity of his character. I can't beleive he didn't cross my mind immediately. Amazing character.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree with your choice of Alfred Molina as Dr. Otto Octavius being the best character in all of the three Spider-Man films. Well, I would really say he's the second best since J.K.Simmons hits his character spot-on and pretty much steals the movie everytime he's on the screen. I am talking about J. Jonah Jameson.

J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson

J. Jonah Jameson in the comics

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This doesn't match up with my favorite actors necessarily, but I'd say my favorite movie characters are Tyler Durden, played by Brad Pitt in Fight Club, General Buck Turgidson, played by George C. Scott in Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, The Dude, played by Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski, and Rick Blaine, played by Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca. What do I have to say to defend this list? Not much. All four of these films would easily make my top 15 list were I ever to devise one, and great characters make a great movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: