Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Old Queen's Knights
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Old Queen's Knights Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is a quote from the game (exact wording thanks to Basel from Suikosource).

Noble in Sol-Falena wrote:
The Queen's Knights fought valiantly to protect Falena during the Armes invasion eight years ago. But they paid a heavy price... Most of them died or were too injured to continue their duties after the war. Only Sir Galleon, Commander Ferid, and Sir Zahhak remained.

Are any of these knights mentioned in Suikoden V that are "too injured to continue their duties after the war."? Even the ones that died, do they get a mention at all in the game? With the pretty pathetic military power of New Armes that we see in Suikoden V, just exactly how do so many Queen's Knights die (fair enough in Suikoden V not all of New Armes wanted to go to war)? Were they selected badly before Ferid came along? Is there any information at all on this?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well we're not even sure how many Queen's guards there even were. At the time of the Armes War, they were just recovering from the whole royal family fued that went on. But no, no names were ever mentioned. But if you think about it, post Suikoden V, the Queen's guard takes another massive hit. Alenia and Zahak are dead, Ferid is dead, Ghalleon and Kyle retire, and Georg leaves Falena. That leaves Lyon, Miakis and the Prince as official knights, and Toma as a Knight Apprentice, with no combat expierence.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assumed that the Queens Knights were more of an Elite group that had very few members to begin with and the 3 mentioned were the only ones remaining.

Not much was ever revealed about the Queens Knights to begin with. Alot of information was provided about the ranking system and how they are selected but nothing really was mentioned.

But I agree that more info should have been mentioned.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Queen's Knights can only be at a max of 10.

It was in an Old Book I think, or did Vextor say it? One of those...
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll check out Old Book for it when I get a chance. It'll be interesting to see if they do mention it or not.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that is mentioned in an old book at all, perhaps you mean this?

Old Book Vol. 13 wrote:
Back then, membership in the Queen's Knights was restricted to men only, so the Dragon Cavalry simply followed that tradition.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait now I remember! I think it was a Newspaper article!
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a save just after liberating Sol Falena. So I'll have a look. But I'm busy watching Robin Hood right now.

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the Queen's Knights (back in the day) were a whole regiment/force thing. There were (presumably) hundreds of members. After the New Armes' invasion, they didn't replenish the growth of the Knights as they wanted the Queen's Knights to become an elite guard for the Queen.

At least, that's how I remember it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where'd you read that Axy? Cause I don't remember that at all...

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure it was in Suikoden V somewhere. At least, somebody mentioned at some point (perhaps during one of the plot moments where you walk 'bout your castle getting snippets of info) that the Queen's Knights used to be huge.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose is misremembering the history of the Queen's Knights.

There were hundreds of members back when they were part of the Imperial Defense Force but this was prior to the move of Falena's capital from Stormfist to Sol-Falena.

Instead, the Queen's Knights were assigned as 'personal bodyguards' to protect the Queen and her closest relatives alone. Their numbers were also drastically reduced, with less than ten at any given time. Being chosen as a Queen's Knight, therefore, meant being recognized as one of the best warriors in Falena.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So is the ten cap on the number of Queen's Knights real or not?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From SY 212, the ten cap was placed in affect, yes.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How strange, thanks John. I suppose that explains how many Queen's Knights are left after the invasion of New Armes then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: