Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scrubs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Scrubs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't see a thread about this show, and I found that a little odd.

I absolutely love this show. I think it's better than any other sitcom has ever been and one of the best shows on television. I love the characters, my favorites would have to be Dr. Cox, the Janitor and Dr. Kelso, however, there are no characters that I find I hate.

I like how much of a role music plays in the show, even when including an off-the-wall group like Ted's acapella band who has only done television/movie themes, they work into it so well. My favorite music usage would also have to be from my favorite episode "My Lunch" where they used The Fray's "How to save a life" during a scene where 3 transplant victims all die.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VbEkKa-W55s&feature=PlayList&p=2FA18B29A8AAF 521&index=1

Which leads me to another thing I love about the show, while it is a comedy, it has no problem bringing out serious and rather depressing moments, sometimes even some downright cruel moments that have far more of an impact on me than anything that has come from House or ER or anything. It knows it doesn't have to have a happy ending, it can hit you with a ton of bricks and have moments that have a lasting impact. I absolutely love this aspect.

So, anyone else love the show? Anyone hate it? Indifferent?
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow thats weird. I was actually thinking about making this exact topic earlier today. I too do not hate any charachters in this show and feel that all the chachters have a rather good chemistry on set with one another.

My favorite charachter on the show is prob Doctor Cox because I just love his sarcasm that he displays towards everyone but when it comes to medical things and when he needs to be serious he gets the job done and done good.

and I too agree that this sitcom does have its occasional hits of seriousnes topics in them which fit well and dont make the show feel any different than i does and I have yet to find an episode that I have not liked.

Scrubs is prob my favorite show next to the office.

Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We have a Scrubs topic in Zexen. I adore this show. One of my all time favorites. It's alittle bit predictable once you've watched it long enough, and know when bad things will happen.

I'll admit though, the real reason why I like it, is because I tend to day dream exactly like JD does. Just staring off into space, and snap out of it with people in the middle of sentences.

"What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was a point in time where I was watching Scrubs so much that my own inner monologue had JD's voice. True story.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This show is great! John C. McGinley is an extremely talented/funny actor. Perry Cox is by far my favorite character in the series. I'm really into sarcastic humor and no one can spit such scalding lines as Perry. He was made for that role! He could have been so much more in "The Animal" if the movie hadn't focused on Rob Schneider.

I give a lot of props to the casting director of this series. They really picked some enthusiastic people that know how to play their roles. The random humor in this series is top notch. It's up there with Arrested Development. You can pair any two characters up in a scene and they somehow are able to make it work. That's the sign of true chemistry right there.

It’s always fun when Marco comes to visit. He and Turk work really well together. So does "Jordan and Perry", "Dr. Kelso and Ted" and "Perry and J.D." Some of the best lines come from these pairings.

It’s not all perfect though. I didn’t like Tara Ried in this series. I felt she was out of place. She just doesn’t strike me as being funny.

Sometimes it does get slightly preachy but never to the point where you're rolling your eyes. I do have to mention that the first few episodes I caught were in random order and they showed some minor characters dying. So my first impression was that they'd keep you laughing for 20 minutes and the final 5 would be a reality check that was solemn and basically sad (last 5 minutes make up commercials). It somewhat brought me down at first. But after seeing a lot of the other episodes, I'm glad that the show isn't as serious as I thought.

I’m hoping to catch a marathon on the series soon, so I can see the exact order of the series.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

why not just torrent the whole series?

or if you pm me I may be able to help you out if you want

tiriou

Mystic Rangers

11162 Potch
20 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i absolutely LOVE scrubs, ive got the first 4 seasons, and im gettin the fifth when its released here, even though i have half of it on the computer anyway. although i probably watch it too much, i always call my friends by girls names, and i turn a short word into a re-he-he-heally long word. bad habit.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone remember the scene where Dr. Kelso is dancing down the hall to the tune of "In the mood" by the "Glenn Miller Band"? That is like the best scene in Scrubs ever.
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man do I love Scrubs. I didn't start watching it until about maybe two months ago, but its definately one of if not my favorite show on TV right now. Every character on that show is absolutely hillarious! There's just nobody funnier than Dr. Cox.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrubs is one of those once in an era kind of shows. Its the show from this era of television that will forever be remembered. Like Friends, Cheers, Happy Days and I Love Lucy. Scrubs is not only funny, but it makes us think about our lives. Every episode focuses on serious matters but always has humorous twists and turns. J.D's hillarious day dreaming, the Janitor's lack of ever doing his job correctly, yet being in the right spot at the right time to catch J.D in his plots. Its amazing. As it was said above, the entire cast has an amazing chemistry together. Even the smaller roled characters like Ted, Todd and Keith are well suited and fit in perfectly. Each with thier signature quirks.

Recently, *SPOILER ALERT* Laverne passed away on the show after a car accident. This was a huge series of events for the show's characters. Carla especially. Which in turn affects Turk, which in turn affects J.D. All the side plots make the show worth watching every week. The struggles Perry and Jordan have with their mentally challenged child. Also, their conflicting abrasive personalities which take a sidecar to their love for eachother. Every aspect of this show is relatable to many people's lives in one way or another. We all have had a boss like Bob Kelso. We all have that struggle to find Mr. or Mrs. right like J.D. and Elliot have. I can't say we all have a depressing self-loathing lawyer like Ted, but he does represent the part of many who do struggle with being mediocre and very replacable. In some way, each character pulls on a different emotional string for us. Turk is the best friend, Elliot is the girl we all want, but can't have. Perry is the fecitiousness. Everyone wishes they could act like Perry and get away with it. Saying the most rude and obnoxious things.

Basically what I'm saying is, this show is great, not just for its plotlines, but the actual set-up itself. Each character is intricately attached to our emotions and we react accordingly.

One of my favorite episodes was the musical one. It was so well put together and I'm a softie for a good musical. I think it was probably one of the best shows they had all season. Here's the opening to the episode.

Welcome to Sacred Heart

Running a simple test:

Everything Comes Down to Poo!

Turk and J.D. Finally come out.

Guy Love

Bit of Trivia! Did you know the actor who plays Ted is actually Christopher Lloyd's nephew?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found the scene! Kelso's in the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1H8dp_sLpc
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I LOVE this show. Everyone is so funny on it. I'm in the midst of catching up and watching every episode as we speak.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only one more week till the start of the seventh (and final) season. I can't wait!

Here's the info on the first episode of the season:
Quote:
After finding themselves in a compromising position, J.D. contemplates his commitment to Kim and Elliot struggles with the idea of her upcoming marriage to Keith. Meanwhile, Carla, to protect her diabetic husband from his sweet tooth, allows Turk to choose one candy bar to indulge in. But with so many options how can he choose just one? Elsewhere, Dr. Cox tries to solve a patient's mysterious ailment. Could the answers to all of their dilemmas be so obvious? While the staff at Sacred Heart debate their initial instincts The Janitor is following his and entertaining a new lady friend. Ken Jenkins also stars.

Personally I'm really hoping that JD and Elliot get together, they're such great characters. Plus I really hate Kim.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Turk has to choose some candy? Thats his story? :*laugh*:
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait for the seventh season. I am excited to say the least.

Also the best scene has to be the flashback of J.D. and Turk going to the Bulls game...

Turk: *dancing* I'm gonna see Michael Jordan! I'm gonna see Michael Jordan! I'm gonna see Michael Jordan!

J.D.: Was I supposed to bring the sandwiches or the tickets?

Turk: *starts ripping out his hair* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

J.D. goes to pick up the hair..

Turk: "YOU LEAVE IT ON THE GROUND! LEAVE IT THERE!"

I love Scrubs. So many good scenes I could go on!

Sup?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: