Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you think viki & jeane will have a larger role in the future?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think jeane and viki will have a larger role to play?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 26 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Maybe
26%
 26%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 45

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeane and Viki are really characters more useful for their function than their personality. I don't think we'll see anything majorly revealing about them (besides Jeane's outfits) for quite a while, perhaps never. If they did, then their mysteries would be solved, and Konami would be faced with:

a) having to create new characters (which is easy enough for Jeane, who'se main role as a runemaster is not that unique; there are plenty of others in the game(s), after all. But Viki would be a pain to find a replacement for, due to her powers being considered rather unique.).

b) Having to create new plot developments for the characters (which can work pretty wel on one hand, making deeper characters, but can also run the risk of distracting too much from the main quest of the game or becoming overplayed).

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unless you count accidentally doing something that snowballs into an important event, I don't think Viki will ever do anything important. Jeane... well, maybe but in most suikoden games she is just a wandering rune master.

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have an opinion whether we will or wont find out their "stories" and everything about them, but I do think that going by the trend so far, they will play a bigger role in future games.

As I said, they may not be fully explained but I think there will be more revealed than there currently has been. Hell, maybe even one of them might join in the main quest one day. I figure this is more likely to be Jeane than Viki, as Jeane has progressed a bit more.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope there will be a short trinity system like in the suikoden 3. But only very short, so the secrets of them will not be fully revealed! Because if it is revealed there will be no interesting secrets they can reveal in suikoden 7 hehehhe i'm a fan of viki and jeane always on my main party ^^
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ever consider a suiko game that explores the "beggining" of jean or vicki?

Perhaps a SIV type game set years before the "primary" story - starring either Jean or Vicki as an important figure? I could definatly see them putting Jean in the role of a bad guy, or even Vicki - who after being beat is cursed to wander around or blip through time.

I hate you Onimaru.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone been able to confirm which order Viki sees the games? On the one hand we could assume that the order games are released is the order she blips through time and space (making her basically the real protagonist for the series), or maybe she's seen the events in a random order such as 3, 5, 2, 4, 1. In one of the Suikogaidens we saw Viki's 'room' which was a weird warped place seemingly between worlds.

IMO in the next Suikoden Viki needs to change a lot. Either old or young it doesn't matter, it seems in Suiko 3 she managed to end up in the same time/space twice - as younger and older versions of herself. Assuming she gets more and more spaced out as she ages, we may see another appearance of the younger smarter Viki, or even an elderly but completely vacant Viki.

I would like to see her expanded on in this way, or even do something like show her death in one game then have her appear in a later game showing that she's not necessarily seeing things in the same order as us.

The only way I see us getting info on Jeanne is either a game set back in the past (and potentially in that city they visited in Falena), or the involvement of a true rune that is linked to that nation/Jeanne herself. At the moment they're both starting to get gimmiky and many of us expect more from a Suikoden.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'd be quite interesting to learn more about Jeane and Viki's past, especially with some of the comments Viki makes when she teleported into Falena :) It'd be nice to find out a bit about them , as I'm always intrigued about the background stories of the characters, like with Viki's scattiness, and Jeane seeming to have been around for quite awhile, maybw all will be revealed in the end, but maybe they won't, Konami like to keep us guessing :P :P
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
a) having to create new characters (which is easy enough for Jeane, who'se main role as a runemaster is not that unique; there are plenty of others in the game(s), after all. But Viki would be a pain to find a replacement for, due to her powers being considered rather unique.).

In suikoden I, Futch takes you with his dragon to places instantaneously (at least to the player). So, for game´s purpose, Viki can be replaced easily.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, but that still requires a good amount of time in the game's world. Only Viki has ever offered instantanious travel, which is a good deal faster. :*laugh*:

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is also the fact that dragons are a tad bit conspicuous. I personally wouldn't want to be travelling into enemy territory on the back of a dragon Granted, I would prefer a dragon to other things, but teleporting in unseen would still be much more stealthy and convenient.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it'd be easy to replace Viki and Jeane though. They've practically become the symbolization of the two types of women in this game.

Viki is the ditzy cute girl, while Jeane is the matured sexy woman. The both of them kind of (more or less) are fan favourites and so to remove them would probably disappoint a lot of fans.

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That never stopped them from replacing Yuber or Pesmerga.

John Layfield wrote:
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly, not as many people have an addiction to male characters as they do to females. Viki and Jeane will more likely be cut some slack because their females and because they're somewhat like a landmark in this game.

No game other than the Gaidens (in which they do appear at least once) has gone on without them.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't really answer the question, since Konami could only make the decision as to wether or not they would give Jeane and/or Viki would receive a larger role in the future. It's all up to them if Viki and Jeane would get a larger role, or would leave these two characters as enigmas until the end of the series. Either way wouldn't really destroy the series, in my opinion.

I do hope that the two of them (Viki and Jeane) would get larger roles in the future though. I would love to learn more about these two mysterious characters and learn about their story and how their own respective stories would end.
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IMO, maybe jeane? but not viki
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: