Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Puppy!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The golden retriever came from a breeder

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of the three, I would go for Jack Russell myself, but they're my favorite type of dog.

Though between those three, if the golden retriever is at all not friendly, I'd go for the husky, as it's the biggest dog and able to defend itself easily. It might take some time to adjust before the dogs work things out and run in a pack together. Plus they'll be able to eat the same large breed dog chow and the like, saving you some money.

Although what I'd recommend more than anything is that you go to a local pound or animal shelter and adopt a stray pup. They're just as good as what you'd pay for, and you might even find a mutt who looks cooler than any of the other dogs combined. :D (Not to mention, I think it's usually a heckuva lot cheaper than going to a dog breed.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jack Russel all the way, I'm not a big lover of intermediate/small dogs, but you can't go wrong with a Jack Russel, they're fun, loving, and easy to control because they're not that big. But one thing you should be concerned with is how socialized your current dog is. I've had my dog for almost seven years and she's always been perfect but my sister got a puppy and now my dog has turned nasty because she's not used to having another dog in the house. If a dog is unsocialized it will not take well to perceived competition for affection and food.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm you have a point about the affection thing. The golden retriever gets a lot of affection mainly from my sister now though and I have showed it less affection and it does not seem to mind all that much. Although, the longest I have been home since I started college was like a week and when I finally move back it will be for a lot longer than that of course.

However, I think both dogs will get plenty of affection so I dont know if there will be a problem there.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not the actuality of the affection that's important, it's the perceived competition. Have you had other dogs in the house while you've had this dog? If not you might be in for a lot of trouble when and if you bring a new dog into the house.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Russels. Though, my favorite breed by far is Norwegian Elkhound.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we have never had 2 dogs at the same time, but my sister has a cat and my mom has a cat and my brother has a pet ferret.

Does that count?

Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my Nintendogs file I had a Husky name Loki after the Norse god of mischief. Get a husky, name it Loki, and then fiction will become reality! And sorry to hear about your previous dog's betrayal.

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

real dogs > nintendogs

I have played that game. my little cousin has it and i like driving the bowser cart into the doggies lol

I actually like the name Loki for husky, it sounds pretty cool. However, Im thinking about naming it waffles and nicknaming it waffy for short. Waffy is a nickname given to me by a girl...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: