Suikoden United and Inspirational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Happy Easter!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmm, I just ate ham, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. Tasty. Happy bunny day!

(By the way-- I never took the religion out of it, at least not for me. I'm not a Christian, and the holiday has never been religious for my family, it's just a celebration of spring time, for me.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's something from Wikipedia to brighten up your day:

Quote:
In the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia, a tradition of spanking or whipping is carried out on Easter Monday. In the morning, males throw water at females and spank them with a special handmade whip called pomlázka (in Czech) or korbáč (in Slovak). The pomlázka/korbáč consists of eight, twelve or even twenty-four withies (willow rods), is usually from half a metre to two metres long and decorated with coloured ribbons at the end. It must be mentioned that spanking normally is not painfull or intended to cause suffering. A legend says that females should be spanked in order to keep their health and beauty during whole next year. An additional purpose can be for males to exhibit their attraction to females; unvisited females can even feel offended. Traditionally, the spanked female gives a coloured egg and sometimes a small amount of money to the male as a sign of her thanks.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I noticed on FF11 alot of people were leaving for 'Easter Dinner' I did'nt know people had a celebration dinner, is this an american thing?

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if it is a strictly American thing, but I do know a lot of American families have an Easter Dinner-- I know I just did. I think it's just a good way for the family to get together, which is what the holidays are really all about.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I has candy! Candy!! CAndy!!! CANdy!!!! CANDy!!!!! CANDY!!!!!!

and lots of it and im a little hyper...

*eats more candy*

=O

I had a really awesome easter. even though Im athiest I still went home and spent time with the family for the entire day except I didnt go to church with them. I have a really BIG family and most of them were there. It so funny to watch all my little cousins run around and hunts for eggs and were they get all excited when they find an egg. Priceless XD

Me and some of my older cousins played some Guitar Hero!! Good times and I pwn at guitar hero which was cool since most of them kind of suck and then my Crazy old grandpa was like heh what a waste I could beat that game easily. So I was like prove it. Best part of the day seeing a 75 year old man play Guitar Hero II for the first time ad FAIL

LMAO

I also got the dvd Eragon. My sister gave it to me as a present =D

Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys are lucky to have all those treats such as easter eggs and candy etc, cause at my place i usually have hot cross buns as opposed to the other stuff mainly because i'm watching out on what i eat and all. Anyway, wishing all users in the Suikox forums a very happy easter.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh no! I'm a Day late! Oh well, Happy Easter everyone! I didn't do too much for Easter, I actually didn't even have to look for my Easter Basket, like my parents used to hide year after year. I went to my grandparents, ate some food and took a nap. Then came home, hung out with my parents, and then my friend Sarah. I didn't even get a chance to color eggs, when my parents bought the supplies to do so. I'm kind of sad we didn't, but maybe we can still do it today..

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh god I love hot cross buns.

I prefer them to easter eggs actually. I dont know why I just dont like easter egg chocolate, it must be the way they are made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: