Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

songs for the emotions

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: songs for the emotions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the scene dosen't play well without our favorite game songs, somtimes the're sad, or if not "crying buckets sad" just emotion invoking(or whatever), and profound. I'm sorry for the sloppy topic description.
you can go with sad music, that was the orginal idea, but thing you have songs like "frog's theme" from Crono trigger. its not a tear jerker, but it could be Majestic.

for me I guess

is any version of "theme of sadness" it always stops me in my tracks. there are four or more. the "remix" type one is pretty hard hitting to.

A bunch from Saga Frountier 2 like the one battle theme that appears in "to cast a rainbow", (varaiation of Feldschlacht) and "Erfolg" .possibly others but I don't have the soundtrack and haven't played.
I get the titles from a soruce that cannot be mentiond.

"hidden place zone", the discarded music from Sonic the Hedghog 2.

From Ecco the Dolphin music that plays in "the Lagoon" and the Time Travle music.

"Singing moutain" a discarded song from Cronotrigger. and frog

and some songs from a SIM called "wolf". the music from that is very very touching. there are sad songs and magestic.

-------
please be kind, I'm a bit empty cuz like I completed a game. that always leaves me empty...and like some music was sad.

Last edited by kuwaizair on Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One would definitaly have to be that theme in Chrono Cross; I don't know the name of the track, but it's the one at the Dead Sea, when you fight Miguel (very, very tough dude with glasses and hat). Really touched my heart and jerked at my tear glands. It was like marking the end of the world...i.e. Game Over, which i saw planty of times when getting whomped my Miguel.

Also the world map track in Chrono Trigger...eh, i think it's the one in the later ages, like medieval times (650 AD?).

Yes, the Chrono series had some excellent tunes.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the Chrono series did have some really good music. I liked the Frog theme when he used the masamune to cut that tunnel open.

I love Final Fantasy music. My favorite of all time is "Highwind" or "Cid's Theme", whatever you call it from FFVII. It was the best. So moving.

I also liked: "Great Warrior" (FFVII), "One-Winged Angel" (FFVII), "Skirmish of the Silver Dragons" (FFIX), "Melodies of Life" (FFIX), "Man with a Machine Gun" (FFVIII), "Celes' Theme" (FFVI), and FFVI's main theme.

All of the above are truly moving. I just love listening to them and will never grow tired of them.

Why did Nobuo Uematsu have to retire? His music was the best.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm more prone towards high action songs, such as the Robot Carnival boss in Sonic Heroes. There are a couple of envokers, however:

Lunar: SSSC - the Boat Song, Luna's Song

Grandia II - A Deus

La Pucelle Tactics - Legend of the Maiden

Disgaea - Akai Tsuki

Suikoden III - Ai wo Koete (opening)

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Midori

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To name a few, I love Reminiscence from Suikoden II, Tina's/Terra's/Overworld theme and Aria de Mezzo Carattere from FFVI.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the word you're looking for is "evoke."
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I skimmed the thread topic from the forum, I thought he meant invoke... thus it sounded weird so I avoided it. Then that I saw a few people post and I decided to enter it and there's actually a descent topic here. And yes, he did mean 'evoke'

I don't much pay attention to the music in the games I play, but "simple and clean," the theme from Kingdom Hearts is a descent song. Can't say I care for the original version which is a much better song under this topic, but the remix is nice.

I'd list other songs, but I'd be describing when I heard them instead of their names.. so I'll refrain.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the piano theme of Suikoden 2 at the beginning when u are introduced to the game and u see the past of Jowy and Hero...
Also i like La Mer from Coba
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ahh all good choices. I forgot some, and forgot them again, but theres "world of ballance" (ff6) , Flame and Arrow, Spirit chaser, Between two worlds, Crimes of the heart (rudra's tressure) Marble Zone (sonic 1...i know its not a rpg but the song its self stands alone well) to Zanerkand (ffX),

I wonder if anyone will get more in depth with there songs, like what it makes them feel, or what the invision.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

La Mer is beautiful, really beautiful.
The saddest song that I found in a game is "Radical Dreamers", the ending theme of Chrono Cross. For Chrono cross, in fact I really love most of the music there, with the standouts like Time's Scar.

The other better one is "Orrizonte", the song that you'll hear from Annalee if you had enough luck. Go to the stage, and in a rare ocasion she'll sing a song with lyric and voice, and tadaa, you got it.

Song of Mana from the Legend of mana is another beautiful, heartfelt song.

Now, my other favorite list :
1. Matoya / Au Palais de Verre - FF2
2. Once you meet her - FF3
3. mebius - Xenogears
4. Diamonds in My heart -Chocobo racing
5. Celes' Maria song in FF6
and a lot more...

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, here are the songs that i like:

1.Eyes On Me-FF8
2.A Deus-Grandia II
3.Spirit(Kokoro)-XenoSaga 1
4.Pain-XenoSaga 1
5.Zanarkand Ruins-FFX-2
Kekoa Alejandro

Reina Mia's Might

189444 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Scars of Time" from Chrono Cross is beautiful stuff, really, but I'm hardly unique in saying that. To me it suggests the inevitability of one's defeat and demise, your utter failure; not just that, but an *awareness* of said fate, and the noble, futile struggle you engage in regardless. A world you will lose - even if it's just your own - the beauty of said world, the wistful knowledge of that which will be lost. Of course, I might just be thinking a bit too much about Werewolf: the Apocalypse again. :P Eh, Harukaze?

"Battle with Magus" from Chrono Trigger captured the scene well - something dark and forboding, that black wind; a struggle against something you can't quite comprehend.

"Corridors of Time", also from Chrono Trigger, really suggests that utopian society it accompanied, a false and doomed utopia too distant from what it means to live to possibly survive.

Lastly from Chrono Trigger, "World Revolution" is an excellent balance of danger and courage, of an oppressive and all-consuming threat and the spirit of those who would oppose it. Simply an excellent piece, one of the best boss fight pieces out there, I think.

"Troian Beauty" from Final Fantasy IV is...well, just that, beautiful. Idyllic, peaceful, quite calming. If you can get a copy of Final Fantasy Generations and listen to the arranged version, it'll just blow you away.

"Locke", the theme of said character from Final Fantasy VI, is roughly as adventurous as it comes. When I'm making CDs and playlists and need to capture adventure, this is the track I run to every damn time. It soars, it's daring, I love it dearly.

"Devil's Lab" from FF6 is also evocative, this time of an industrial Hell and the atrocities therein. It's threatening, it's seedy and grimy, it's relentless and ruthless.

"The Fierce Battle" - again from FF6 - is another one of the boss fight themes I adore. It's particularly threatening, it's broad and powerful, it *feels* important. That it's first used in a battle with Atma Weapon always coloured this one for me, I suppose; he had a Hell of an introduction. I mean, you're fighting something as old as the cosmos, and this piece will always speak of that to me.

"Aria de Mezzo Carattere" - I swear, I'm going to leave FF6 eventually! - is another one coloured heavily by the game; it's sorrowful and very romantic. I digs that, really I do.

"Dancing Mad" is one of the most amazing end boss themes I've ever heard, and of course it's from FF6. I'll point out that the full piece is well over 17 minutes long. Regardless, the first two movements are restrained, dominated by organs and thus suggests the divine - which Kefka had become at that point, in quite a sense. The last movement abandons this pretense, falling back on the madness that was the very signature of this villain, a madness in which he takes great pleasure.

"Hikari - KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version" from Kingdom Hearts is something of wonder. It is romantic and sweeping, profound, and yet very simple and innocent. It was watching the pre-game intro accompanied by this piece that made me realize what Kingdom Hearts was all about, and it has remained with me to this day. Good God, what I would give to hear this performed.

"Destati", also from Kingdom Hearts, is quite malevolent, a precarious situation left on edge by a chorus. Mmmn. This is danger, a dark and epic sort I treasure dearly.

I'll avoid speaking about "Simple and Clean", despite my love for it, because it's overdone. I'll just say that I hate the remix - and any remixes of it. I really and honestly do. The original is what appeals to me, if to a lesser degree than the orchestral version of the same piece.

It occurs to me that I could speak for hours about tracks from Legend of Mana alone, so I'll have to prune that game down to a select few.

"Song of Mana" - especially the ending theme - is a remarkable song. The first time I heard it - a shorter version at the beginning of the game - I could immediately feel what this song was about without knowing a big of the translation. This was a song of longing, of pursuit of that which is all-important, that which cannot be known to the living. It's rather sad in a way, for all the beauty it shows - but this is every bit a song about life, about pursuit of life, pursuit of the very essence of all.

I have more, but as it turns out, I really have to get going. >_<;; I'll be back later, mark my words.
Kakeru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Radical Dreamer" Chrono Cross
"Tifa's theme" Final Fantasy 7
"Aeris theme" Final Fantasy 7
"Currents" Suikoden 2
"Small two pieces" Xenogears
"1000 no kotoba" Final Fantasy 10 - 2
"Beyond the bounce" Zone of the Enders 2
"Kiss me sunlight" Zone of the Enders
"Melkaba" Xenogears "Creid"
"Chou" Fatal Frame 2
"Song of Mana" Legend of Mana
"Akai Tsuki" Disgaea
"Eyes on me" Final Fantasy 8
"Training Mission" Tenchu
"Onikage battle" Tenchu
"You're not here" Silent Hill 3
"Letters from the lost days" Silent Hill 3
"Tender Sugar" Silent Hill 4
"Thame of Laura" Silent Hill 2
and few more... Sorry if the list is to long...
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can anime be counted?
If yes,

Sailing Day-One Piece
SPIRIT -One Piece
Lacus's song,i think it was I'm waiting for you inthe stars or something-Gundam Seed
Suikoden 3 Op-Has a mystic feeling
La Mer
Run!Run!Run!-One Piece( i happen to be a One Piece fan :mrgreen:)
Razril theme
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher says:
Quote:
One would definitaly have to be that theme in Chrono Cross; I don't know the name of the track, but it's the one at the Dead Sea, when you fight Miguel (very, very tough dude with glasses and hat). Really touched my heart and jerked at my tear glands. It was like marking the end of the world...i.e. Game Over, which i saw planty of times when getting whomped my Miguel.

Good to find someone with a common taste. That particular tune is called Prisoners of Fate, and aside from happening in the Miguel battle also occurs in the battle with Dario and as well as popping in throughout the game in smaller scenes. I really liked the song, especially the strings at the beginning (those opening violins are really powerful), but I also think that the situation it's played in makes alot of difference. On first playthrough the two most difficult bosses in Chrono Cross? Miguel and Dario, who luckily is optional.

All of my favorite music is from RPGs and adventure games. I can't stand picking up the Madden or NHL games anymore because all they have in them is some stupid Jimmy Eat World or The Vines or something else completely unfit for a sports title. Here are my favorites in no order:

FFX
Someday the Dream will End
Ending Theme

FFIX
Melodies of Life
Terra
Necron
Oeilvert
Dagguero

FFVII
One Winged Angel
Aeris
World Map theme
Battle theme (best in the series IMO)

A whole bunch of other tracks I forget because my OST is at home.

FFVI
World of Ruin
Aria di Mezza Cattrare
Last Battle
Narshe
S. Figaro
Vector

I guess you could just say I really liked these songs and they don't produce emotion. Happiness is an emotion, thus qualifying all of these tunes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: