Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PS3 deal at EBgames

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: PS3 deal at EBgames Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just wanted to let everyone know that ebgames at least the ebgames in my area have a new deal out for the ps3. If you trade in your ps2 (i dont know if this applies to both a regular ps2 or slim) and you trade in a memory card and a playstation controller along with it Ebgames will knock off $100 off the sale price of the ps2.

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm. Well, I am getting a PS3 when I get paid, which is this thursday. I'll never trade in my memory card though, so I won't take advantage of this promotion.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, as gamers, memory cards are as valuable as our lives. Not many people are going to take them up on that.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

neither of you have multiple memory cards?

I have 3 ps2 memory cards. Well...one is actually my dads and the 2nd one he is using as well because he plays Champions of Norrath and that games takes up a lot of space. I only use one and have lots of space left on it.

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just buy a memory card, then trade it in after you open the package. PS2 memory cards cost what, $30? So you're still getting $70 off the price of your PS3. That's a pretty good deal. Right now, though, I have no interest in buying a PS3. I'm more interested in getting an Xbox 360, which is just a bit cheaper. I have no time to play games now anyways, but I'll definitely be getting a 360 before a PS3.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no money and there really isn't any killer apps or anything that'll interest me enough to keep playing a PS3 :O

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have 1 PS2 and 1 PS1 memory card and I just cant part with either of them, It may be worth buying a new memory card just to take advantage of the deal though. PS2's are so cheap you'd probably make a profit buying one and giving it back for the discount lol.

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like gil-galad said, i dont have much time for games anymore. Once MGS4 and Suikoden 6 come out ill get one then maby, but right now it would just be a waste.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

god of war 3. i may look into this.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, they brought this back again? I got my PS3 because of this deal back in February.

If anyone plans on doing this, the EB guys didn't check to see if the Playstation 2 was working. This made me very upset because I traded in my working PS2 fearing that they were going to check. But they didn't, and so now I have a non-working PS2 gathering dust upstairs. I should fix it and sell it or something. I'm pretty sure it just needs some good cleaning.

About your memory cards, there are no ports for them in the PS3 so they're pretty much useless if you give up your only PS2. If you keep your memory card but don't have a PS2 after trade-in, you'll need one of those converters that reads PS2 memory cards on the PS3. I'm not exactly sure where you get one of those, though.

I wish there were more interesting games out right now, but the good stuff isn't coming out until Summer and beyond. So anyone that's borderline on the decision may want to wait it out regardless of price.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I would take advantage of this deal, but with me I plan on bringing my PS2 onto the tug boat I work on when I buy a PS3 and then throw my PS1 over the side. Umm, if there's any Coast Guard on here, I MEANT to say, I will properly dispose of my PS1 in the appropriate waste receptacle. I'd NEVER pollute in any way, shape, or form.

Anyways, there's also no games worth owning yet, at least not to me, so having a PS3 is very low on the priority list.

~Uguu!~
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not really interested in the deals. I like my PS2, and from what I've heard, PS3 has problems playing some of the PS2 games. So if I traded the PS2 in, I won't be able to play most of my PS2 games. And for the controller and the memory card, it just doesn't seem like all of that is worth $100.
Plus, my PS2 is modified so I could play the Japanese games. So my PS2 is worth a bit more then the $125 it is right now. I plan to keep mine for a while to be honest. Heck, I still have my Nintendo system.
If they have a promotion with $300, then I might think about it. And I'm aware they won't make a profit off that, since the PS2s are pretty cheap right now, but it's the only deal I see at the moment, that I would consider.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I herard about that too.

You need certain drivers and patchs to play PS2 games on the PS3 and I heard they rushed it so they could release it early.

You have to do a simular thing to play x-box games on the 360 but its very easy to do. And even though it does'nt play all the x-box's games it plays alot of the popular ones.

Yet another set-back for Sony.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: