Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dueling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Dueling Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont know about anyone else but one of my favorite parts about the Suikoden series is the dueling aspect part of the game. The one on one duels between charachters is one of the main things I like about this series. The duels can be quite intense and I really get into them. Not to mention that the music that usually plays in the background during duels helps the duel be even more epic.

I had an idea that it would be pretty cool if Konami would add an extra feature to the suikoden games. A feature that would let the main charachter of the story duel any of the 108 stars of destiny. Of course it would have to be the 108 stars of destiny that can participate in battles and able to get stronger. Also, the extra feature would be able to fight duels that occured throughout the game against some of the main bad guys.

Anyone else think they should do that or have other thoughts about this?

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...so something like Reinhold's training place/thing in Suikoden 4?

They were able to implement that then this dueling feature would be doable...I guess it's up to Konami to decide if there is actually a point in such a feature....

Although I personally saw no point in using Reinhold's training in particular but hey, that's just me....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no not Reinholds training area. That was just like a standard battle where you can fight against other stars (if i remember correctly)

I mean like actual duels where the charachters talk and you decide to attack/defense/special attack

Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds like a great idea. I'd love for Konami to put something like that into the next Suikoden. The only thing I'd want to add to it however is not just limeting it to the hero against any of the stars of destiny. I think it would be awsome to let any of the 108 stars duel another of the 108 stars with full out conversations between the two of them. I realize that would be a ton of work and is EXTREMELY unlikely to be done..but hey, I can dream. :)
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd actually quite like to see something like this, it'd be a novel inclusion.

The way I would see it, would be that the characters would have a generic response for most duels unless they came against someone they knew in particular. Just like certain people interact together in bath scenes. I think if there was any possibility then this way would probably be what would be more likely to happen rather than unique speeches for every character dueling with any other character.

I definitely think this would make an interesting mini-game for sure. In fact, I'd like two characters battling it out and bet on a winner, gladiators style without the fighting to the death bit.

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jossef Kevlar wrote:
I'd actually quite like to see something like this, it'd be a novel inclusion.

The way I would see it, would be that the characters would have a generic response for most duels unless they came against someone they knew in particular. Just like certain people interact together in bath scenes. I think if there was any possibility then this way would probably be what would be more likely to happen rather than unique speeches for every character dueling with any other character.

I definitely think this would make an interesting mini-game for sure. In fact, I'd like two characters battling it out and bet on a winner, gladiators style without the fighting to the death bit.

That does sound a lot more probable. Charcters who knew each other or perhaps characters that you could definately forsee some great trash talking between them would really make you want to test tons of combos.

I also really like the idea of the gladiator style. Watching some of those "fantasy duels" would be a lot more interesting than actually giving one side an advantage/disadvantage by playing as them. But for those who might still want to participate in the duels..they could offer the main character as that option.

Last edited by Kai Ver' Xion on Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oooo I too like this idea of the gladiator type of duel style. That would be awesome.

Your saying an AI will have the two charachters duke it out against each other and you will be able to bet on which charachter will triumph over the others?

That may be hard because it would be hard to keep all charachters even in my opinion unless the gladiator system will automatically adjust each charachters stats so the fight is more even.

Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
oooo I too like this idea of the gladiator type of duel style. That would be awesome.

Your saying an AI will have the two charachters duke it out against each other and you will be able to bet on which charachter will triumph over the others?

That may be hard because it would be hard to keep all charachters even in my opinion unless the gladiator system will automatically adjust each charachters stats so the fight is more even.

I think they would all have set stats for this duel engine that wouldn't change despite how you progress them through the game. Like..how Konami originally intended them to stand in comparisson to each other. For ex: Suikoden II. You could match Georg up against Tuta...you may have Tuta up to level 99 in the game, but story wise, Tuta being able to to beat Georg is just rediculas.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
no not Reinholds training area. That was just like a standard battle where you can fight against other stars (if i remember correctly)

I mean like actual duels where the charachters talk and you decide to attack/defense/special attack
ya ya that's why I said "something similar to it"

Come to think of it....They could've done it in Suikoden 5...you know with the whole sacred games thing
hmmm.....well...maybe next time then

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there are 40 character who could participate in the duel system and each would have 20 lines, that would be 800 lines. If every character has special lines against another, that would be 1600 lines.

Considering that the graphics from dueling are usually different from the battle graphics, it would require to create new graphics for each character too.

It´d cost too much. I think its better to spend money on something else, like make some hero's decisions that change the outcome of the game.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rezard wrote:
If there are 40 character who could participate in the duel system and each would have 20 lines, that would be 800 lines. If every character has special lines against another, that would be 1600 lines.

Considering that the graphics from dueling are usually different from the battle graphics, it would require to create new graphics for each character too.

It´d cost too much. I think its better to spend money on something else, like make some hero's decisions that change the outcome of the game.

True making a duel feature like that with all the charachters and giving them lines during the duel for different types of attacks would be a lot of coding and yeah having to change/upgrade the graphics for the charachters would again be more coding. But it would still be nice to see

and I also agree that working on an aspect that hero's decisions that change the outcome of the game would be a great idea, more change than depending on how many of the 108 stars of destiny you have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: