Suikoden Unique and Irrational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Speed Run
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Speed Run Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just started playing the Suikoden IV game again. I was thinking about doing a speed run to see how fast I could beat the game. Although, in this speed run I still want to get all 108 stars of destiny so that may hurt my time a little because some of the charachters if I remember right are trick or hard to get.

What do you think would be a good time to beat the game in with all 108 stars of destiny?

I will post my time once I beat the game.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you do it with a game + you can do it in no time since you already got good equips and runes, plus you'll have the speed burst and you can cut through the scenes. you should be able to do it in between 10-15 hours. but with out the game plus it take about 20 hours or around there.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im near the end in this speed run I only have 2 108 stars of destiny left to get. 1 of them being Bartholomew. He is the guy living in the house in the nay-kobold settlement. He keeps on telling me "sorry, but leave me alone, will you?"

I dont exactly remember how to get him and I was looking at the guide and it said their should be a bulletin or a mention of him in the newspaper or whatever but so far I got nothing.

Anyone help me please??

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to read an issue of the newspaper in your ship first.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have read the newspapers in my ship. Issues number 1 - 10 have been out by Perrault and I have read each one of them. Nothing mentions anything about Bartholomew and he is still saying the same exact thing ;-;

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then that's what you get for trying to rush things.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I talked to him once before hq was released into the sea then after that read Perrault's first newspaper, went back there and talked to him again, and he joined me

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, speed runs. I would never be able to do that. When I played Suikoden V, I nodded off for a couple of hours. And I did this more than once, so my playtime ended up being like 60 hours plus.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So about to head into the final battle of Suikoden IV for real this time just to go ahead and beat it. Last time I did it I just did the final battle just for kicks and giggles because I was bored of trying to get the last 2 stars that I needed to completly get all 108 stars of destiny

Anyways

I know you need 2 parties of 4. My main party I think will consist of the main charachter, Ted, Axel and someone else but I am undecided on who (recommend me some charachters if you will, so I can have a balanced party)

My second party that I needed will consist of Kika, Sigurd and Jeane but I have no idea who i want to use as the 4th member of the party. Ideas?

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always try to put people together to have a combo move available so for second party use Hervey if you don't have anyone else in mind?

For your first party put in either Snowe if you have him (for the combo attack) or perhaps someone with decent magic (water or wind) to back up Ted...assuming he still has his water rune...
I always thought Paula was pretty good.....

Last edited by Ikano on Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah I finally was able to get Snowe. Stupid Bartholmew *shakes fist angrily*

Is the combo attack that powerful and how is Snowe's magic ability?

I havent leveled him up at all

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
yeah I finally was able to get Snowe. Stupid Bartholmew *shakes fist angrily*

Is the combo attack that powerful and how is Snowe's magic ability?

I havent leveled him up at all
It is said that Snowe and Lazlo's True Friendship Combo Attack is potentially the best combo attack out of all the combos available in the game, if you max out the combo attack lv and erm...stuff...

Errrr....Snowe's magic ability...I guess the only accurate comparison would be...
he's as bad as Chiepoo's magic ability >.> well...no maybe a tiny bit better...but uh...it's worse then Lazlo's for sure...
And Lazlo's pretty decent for not being a magic-type

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

don't worry about snowe's magic since if you use jeane and ted you won't need it. but if you do use snowe at least level up their true friendship attack at least once or twice, more power 8-)

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having Snowe in the final party just seems right to me, the acceptance of Snowe from Lazlo is the whole reason why the Rune of Punishment doesn't kill him.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just beat the game.

my time was pretty bad I guess for a speed run

23 hours and 43 minutes

How is that for a time?

Also, I dont remember the last bosses being so easy. I beat the final boss in 3 turns. PWNED

Also, I forgot about this the first time I played through but after just beating it I was reminded that in this game there isnt much charachter development with that Troy charachter and I really wish they would have done more with him honestly.

Next it is either going to be Suikoden Tactics or Suikoden III, dont know if they will be speed runs though...

oh and my final party for the main boss consisted of the hero, snowe, ted and axel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: