Suikoden Unique and Illegal Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Connecting Suikoden V and I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it was only said that he would come to the coronation. Representatives from Gaien and Nagarea were also supposed to be at the coronation, but they weren't shown. Doesn't mean they aren't implied to be there.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andarc wrote:

Georg prime is related to all of the suikoden games in a way, if you think about it....cept for 4. -_-

Yes he is, as Axiose pointed out. And if, Georg visiting the IN isn't enough for you, his best friend is decended from Lazlo; so plenty of connection there!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
Andarc wrote:

Georg prime is related to all of the suikoden games in a way, if you think about it....cept for 4. -_-

Yes he is, as Axiose pointed out. And if, Georg visiting the IN isn't enough for you, his best friend is decended from Lazlo; so plenty of connection there!

I'm going to assume you mean Ferid. Ferid was not (conclusively at least) descended from Lazlo so you might want to rescind that statement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ferid Egan is a son of Skald Egan the famous sea admiral, unless the Egans are related to the En Kuldes family the two are not related.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it is stated in game that Skald is descended from Lino, thus the name of his vessle. Though it is not proven that Lazlo is related to Lino, it is one of those 'said, but not said' kinda things. Unless lots of people washed up on beaches in the IN, Lazlo is Lino's son. To deny that Lino and Lazlo are related is like denying that Ferid and Skald are related, since it is never stated out right, but enough clues are left.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
Yes, it is stated in game that Skald is descended from Lino, thus the name of his vessle. Though it is not proven that Lazlo is related to Lino, it is one of those 'said, but not said' kinda things. Unless lots of people washed up on beaches in the IN, Lazlo is Lino's son. To deny that Lino and Lazlo are related is like denying that Ferid and Skald are related, since it is never stated out right, but enough clues are left.

When is it stated that Skald is a descendant of Lino?

Last edited by Ujitsuna on Sat May 12, 2007 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When you go to the southwest section of town and see Skald's ship which, if I remember correctly, is called the 'En Kuldes'. I think you have to leave the first time and go there the second time. They also mention rune shells.

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They mention that his ship is named after Lino, but they don't say that he is a descendant of Lino. I would have noticed it, given my love for the INF and my desire to see references like that. It ain't there. You must've gotten confused.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure it said something along the lines of 'named after his descendant.....', but eh, maybe I'm wrong? I'm pretty sure it was there though.

Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's never stated anywhere in Suikoden 4 that the Egans are descended from Lino En Kuldes. True, Skald sails a ship by that name, but that doesn't prove anything.

There is some circumstantial evidence that the Egans might be descended from Lino, though. The Egans clearly share many aspects of Lino's personality (informal, down-to-earth, rough-edged and physical, with an eagerness to bend the rules when necessary). Plus the Egans are Island Nations aristocrats, and it's very possible that a member of the royal family married into their family at some point.

If the Egans *are* descended from Lino, it's more likely that they're descended through Flare, rather than Lazlo (Hero 4). It seems very rare for true rune bearers into the Suikoden world to settle down and have a family and kids. Usually they wander off into the sunset and live tortured lives of loneliness.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How are Ferid and Skald related? Are they brothers, cousins, or what?
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crono wrote:
How are Ferid and Skald related? Are they brothers, cousins, or what?

Skald is Ferids father, though I dont know the source of that information. Which would make Skald Lym and Frey's grandfather. Also makes Bernedette their aunt.

I hate you Onimaru.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find that really strange that that isn't brought up in the game. I would expect Skald to mention something along the lines of being proud of his grandson when he meets Frey.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not really. Ferid intentionally hides the fact that he is related to a major Island Nations Official to avoid the scrutiny of those in Falena who would seek to gain from de-throning him. So instead of being all 'oh, give gramps a hug', they just don't mention it. It probably doesn't bother Skald given his free-spirited personality and the fact that he has many children! I'm sure he enjoys seeing his grandson succeed, though!

Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All you have to do is to put a picture of Ferid next to Skald.... and you'll see what we are talking about. And you can also pay attention to the chat between Georg and Skald in Nirva.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: