Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

"The Only Hero" - Hikusaak
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More interesting yes, but less likely all the same. :P
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:

I don't think we'll ever get to see Hikusaak as a Tenkai in a game, why? Well I feel Hikusaak is in Suikoden to be the enemy and threat to all the other Tenkais and their actions.

Wouldn't that just make it more interesting, to play as the villain for a change?

Yes, but this would also mean that the villian wins, thus the hero losing. If you play as the villian, then the villian will not be able to lose. Most, if not all, games are made for the player to win in. I think if the player lost, they would be less willing to play. Most people don't really like losing I think.

I agree with Hayashi Uhitsuna, I don't see Hikusaak being the Tenkai. Also, if he was Tenkai before, I don't see him being one again. Something we have yet to see is a Tenkai being a Tenkai again, in a new Suikoden. All the Tenkais have been heroes once, so if Hikusaak was a Tenkai long ago, then there is less of a chance for him to be Tenkai once more.

I too, think the name merely means that Hikusaak is the greatest hero, and perhaps in Harmonia's eyes, the only one they see. That is, if this title was given to him by the people, and not her peers or himself. If his followers gave him the title, I kind of wonder if it is because they know Hikusaak's true intention. Perhaps Hikusaak knows that the world is coming to an end, and he has to obtain all 27 true runes to stop it. Or perhaps he knows that the world is corrupted, and he needs to take over everything, thus he needs to become God. With all 27 True runes, he can accomplish this, and will be able to watch down on the people, making sure there is peace. So despite all the horrible things Harmonia is doing, I'm assuming they feel their goal justifies their actions.

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see a Suikoden centered on Hikusaak...maybe they'd reveal other True Runes as well...
Vessol

Goldstar's Regiment

3495 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt Hikusaak is really a villein, and if he was I would be highly disappointed as it would be way too cliche. I believe he knows more than he lets on and really more than anyone else knows. It would be interesting to see that he really has been the only one keeping balance in the world or something of that sort.
As for the title, rulers have a habit of always labeling themselves highly. Such as Stalin the 'Man of Steel'.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always kind of envisioned Hikusaak as a scholarly type, similar to Crowley.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as things stand, I get the picture Hikusaak may not even be in Harmonia anymore. It's "underlings" use it's name to sway the masses, while the people in power engage in complex politcal schemes and do things whichever way they want. There's not even certainty in whether Hikusaak truly ordained the Masked Bishop or ordered Sasarai to lay waste to the Fire Bringer. Ever since the supposed "death" of Hikusaak which ended up in Scarlet Moon practically carving away Harmonia's most important territory and capital, without even a war, there's nothing certain about Hikusaak.

What do I think? I am kinda hoping Hikusaak is actually not even in Harmonia, or if he truly is leading harmonia, he may have his own designs as he just let's the Upper class lead Harmonia's day to day and laws.
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the name of Only Hero or whatchamcallit because he found Solar Year, Kingdom of Harmonia and those stuffs. He's the only hero around the time, so it's the ONLY Hero.

Hikusaak supposed to be missing. People said he's wandering to somewhere...He might be dead, and resurrected by Circle Rune. That Rune is rune of rebirth, right? He reborn in another body, with his memories. But he won't come back to harmonia to rule the kingdom. Kind of lazy? :*laugh*:

"H-huh? What? I got too many karma???"
-Sierra's sister usual idle banter
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps in the last game, we'll be playing from Hikusaak point of view. The "only" Hero might mean that in the end, we see that Hikusaak was the real "good guy", while other heroes may unite against him in the last game. Imo it would be an awesome finish for the game to fight as the 'supposed to be' villain against many of the good characters from the previous games. You have to admit it atleast sounds much more interesting finish than just regurarly playing with an orphan true rune bearer beating up the bad guys who stole their castle/home town.
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sealot wrote:
Perhaps in the last game, we'll be playing from Hikusaak point of view. The "only" Hero might mean that in the end, we see that Hikusaak was the real "good guy", while other heroes may unite against him in the last game. Imo it would be an awesome finish for the game to fight as the 'supposed to be' villain against many of the good characters from the previous games. You have to admit it atleast sounds much more interesting finish than just regurarly playing with an orphan true rune bearer beating up the bad guys who stole their castle/home town.

Yep, that's sounds quite good. Even some people saying 'playing as Hikusaak might be mean playing as villain', in that game we'll play the 'good person' Hikusaak. Maybe, we'll play when he found Harmonia Kingdom? Ah, I like that. The mere images made me enthusiasm.

"H-huh? What? I got too many karma???"
-Sierra's sister usual idle banter
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here I go necroposting :D

History is written by winners, so because Harmonia was victorious then maybe Hikusaak just named himself that out of megalomaniacal self importance? It would be interesting to know just what happened with that war. Harmonia seems pretty fascist to me, and Hikusaak would have been the one to set up that class system. Maybe we'll find out he's like a Hitler type and the Aronians weren't so corrupt after all?

I do think he'd still be in Harmonia, because the cloning thing probably would've placed him there at least until Luc & Sassy were made. If they're any indication of what he's like, I'd say Sassy's personality (which reminds me so much of DS9's Vorta clones) is closer to the mark as Luc was thought to be defective.

There's no way to know just how much of Harmonian ways are due to the Circle (though fascism is a most wicked form of order if that's an indication), but it doesn't seem that Harmonia could be anything but the sort of nation that the Stars fight against, not for. Everything it does is for its own interest and always at the expense of the other nations. They were only "helping" Highland because that was a territory that slipped away from them in the past and they probably wanted a shot at snagging the Beast Rune if not the Sword & Shield moreso than just being good neighbors. And they didn't waste any time trying to mow down the Grasslands as soon as that treaty expired so they could get their hands on the Fire Rune.

Not good at all. Nope, evil. Just pure evil.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Only Hero" - Hikusaak Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could definitly understand Hikusaak trying to destroy the stars of destiny if he is really into the idea of what the Circle rune represents.

They are the people that change fate after all. Taking out the Hero of the stars would cause the other 107 to drown out.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[img]WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH[/img]
iGeorg_Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="JetTheHellfire":1qjqa3bl]Here I go necroposting :D

History is written by winners, so because Harmonia was victorious then maybe Hikusaak just named himself that out of megalomaniacal self importance? It would be interesting to know just what happened with that war. Harmonia seems pretty fascist to me, and Hikusaak would have been the one to set up that class system. Maybe we'll find out he's like a Hitler type and the Aronians weren't so corrupt after all?

I do think he'd still be in Harmonia, because the cloning thing probably would've placed him there at least until Luc & Sassy were made. If they're any indication of what he's like, I'd say Sassy's personality (which reminds me so much of DS9's Vorta clones) is closer to the mark as Luc was thought to be defective.

There's no way to know just how much of Harmonian ways are due to the Circle (though fascism is a most wicked form of order if that's an indication), but it doesn't seem that Harmonia could be anything but the sort of nation that the Stars fight against, not for. Everything it does is for its own interest and always at the expense of the other nations. They were only "helping" Highland because that was a territory that slipped away from them in the past and they probably wanted a shot at snagging the Beast Rune if not the Sword & Shield moreso than just being good neighbors. And they didn't waste any time trying to mow down the Grasslands as soon as that treaty expired so they could get their hands on the Fire Rune.

Not good at all. Nope, evil. Just pure evil.

Please don't dismiss Luc entirely. :| I believe they BOTH encompass Hikussak's personality. Sasarai is more likely Hikusaak's evil side :twisted: since if you remember in S3 he only joins your army to stop Luc from what "looks" like a end-of-the-world thing and wants to look for his own interest. And of course Luc.....gosh...I think he is by far Hikusaak's caring and passionate-yet-clueless side :? .

Think about it (well, if you've played him in his POV in S3 and read his comments in S1 & S2) Luc WANTS to defy fate by proving humans worth by choice not determination. His only blindfold was that he was sheltered most of his life and has seen ALOT of meaningless deaths. His desire to want to prove his point falls short of logic and the oh so obvious nature of the true runes. You have to give up to him for being very resourceful and knowledgeable.

I don't know if anyone noticed something that made me think more about Luc. There is a scene in Luc's POV (i think @__@)
where he mentions something about being approved as bishop and Sasarai suspicious about how he got appointed. I'm thinking Luc has spent some time speaking with the actual or someone in close relationship to Hikusaak. Because it seems to me he knew very much about Harmonian Politics. [Don't mention Leknaat because she worked for the Scarlet Moon Empire and come on...Harmonia destroyed her home and is after her rune IF they're lucky to find her) :off topic:

ok back on topic: :D

he might be called the ONLY hero because he fought against the ONLY kingdom at the time and ONLY one with a true rune and ONLY one to change the time to Solis (calendar) and the ONLY one STILL ruling Harmonia (speculation of course). BUt that aside I think ...like someone said before-cuz-im-too-lazy-to-look theres more....
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not exactly a Luc fan, but I don't think he was actually a "bad guy." Pretty well deveoped character with a lot to like. It's possible he has some personality traits belonging to his creator, although I'm not sure Hikusaak would have anything resembling a caring side. This is the guy that brought us blue eyed blondes owning third class people as slaves.

I still feel his title is self-glorification that simply hasn't been challenged by those who benefit from his ways or by those who simply don't know any better. Heh, I guess the only ones who would know better would be those long dead Aronians, Leknaat, and anyone else who might be that ancient.
stephencolbert5

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Only Hero" - Hikusaak Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love El Leon's explanation! That would allow Hikusaak to be a virtuous hero at first, make a surprise for most players when they see there is no Hikusaak, and (this is what I think they maybe should do, perhaps) be a character who dies in Suikoden 4 or Tactics (Iskas seems most fitting). I think that's the only way they could make 4 and Tactics sufficiently connected to the others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: