Suikoden Unique and Irrational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

"The Only Hero" - Hikusaak
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: "The Only Hero" - Hikusaak Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This was the term given to Hikusaak after his successful rebellion against the Kingdom of Aronia and thus the creation of the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia. The term "The Only Hero" is such a peculiar name, what is it supposed to imply? I thought about it and I think this term was some kind of attempt with foresight to denounce every Tenkai we have seen since. What I want to know is how and why was this title given to him such a long time ago in the Suikoden timeline?

Harmonia's actions in the game have been anything but friendly to nations at the times they've been at war - either with themselves or with another nation/s. Harmonia attempts to help the Highland Kingdom against the City States of Jowston in Suikoden II, they invade The Grassland and Zexen in Suikoden III, they send an agent (Cathari) to investigate Falena's civil war to understand if is worth invading or not in Suikoden V. We have not seen one friendly action with the exception of the reinforcements to Highland during Suikoden II, why is this, does it have anything to do with the title - "The Only Hero" do you think?

The title can't give us much information but the "only" part is very intriguing to me.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The definition of 'hero' in itself is a very abstract idea. Perhaps by Harmonian standards he's the only one to have done a certain something no one else has ever done.

We probably won't get even a slight chance to figure out what this something was until a Suikoden game covers/takes place in Harmonia but anyhow...

From what is already revealed so far though I do already feel like...mm...there is definitely something "off" about this "only hero" though....
That cloning technique for one....I mean honestly....it's like a big "HMMMM...." :? to me right there....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's just the word "hero" in Suikoden is so closely tied with the Tenkai in each game, and I feel there is more behind this title and Hikusaak.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Now that is interesting. Isn't this the same guy that killed the entire gate rune tribe, which the forseer of the stars of destiny came from? It's possible Harmonia is waging war against the Stars of Destiny themselves.

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has more to do with nationalism I would believe. It was given to him after he founded Harmonia. I believe he was the only one that was capable of defeating Aronia at the time. He may even be a Tenkai himself so I doubt he would be fighting against them or even care about them.

Some of this points to the Circle rune. The rune represents order and Aronia was probably corrupt. So Hikusaak was the only one willing to stand against the corruption and bring order to the land.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That still doesn't sound like a very good reason to include the "only" part.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

He may even be a Tenkai himself so I doubt he would be fighting against them or even care about them.

Yeah, I believe he's a Tenkai as well, and we may wind up seeing him as the main character close to the end of the series. This was the subject of our speculation at SME in the contest ages ago, and we just couldn't put all the pieces together to make a solid comprehensive theory. There seems to be a major piece of this puzzle missing, making it impossible to really figure out what the deal is with him.

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought he was called "The ONE Hero", not the ONLY hero, but I may be mistaken.

I think it is simply a title of esteem, denoting him as the only individual capable of carrying off a magnificent feat and saving the empire. He created Harmonia through his very own efforts and would have definitely been seen as THE hero to all of Harmonia. Other than that, I don't think the name means much in the grand sched of things.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do believe it has more to do with the fact that maybe, Aronia (the kingdom Hikusaak overthrew) was perhaps extremely corrupt even moreso than later Harmonia, as his actions couldnt be deemed heroic if he was fighting against a peaceful, innocent nation, and as nothing else is known about this ancient nation, one can only assume Hikusaak did something very similar to any tenkai, got rid of a "Corrupt" nation to stop them from commiting evils... Hikusaak more than likely was a tenkai star, probably the first, and perhaps at the time he truly was the ONLY hero, perhaps people never did anything as brave or selfless as Hikusaak and thus he is honored as a hero. He also must have divine powers granted to him by the Circle rune, perhaps this is why he is held in such high esteem, however having power will not grant you a title as grandiose as "The only hero", it is more what you do with said power that determines how others see you. I highly doubt that when Hikusaak had control over harmonia, it was as corrupt as it is in late years, sure he probably conquered lands, and made his Theocratic nation grow, but probably in a more peaceful way..

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would actually think that Yvl got it right. Might just be because that's a much more interesting explanation that nationalism but I would think that they could be waging war on the Stars of Destiny. Here's what I'm thinking:
The Circle Rune, as we know, causes stagnation and obstruct change. This probably causes Harmonia to despise anything that new and different. However, every time the gathering of the Stars happens it creates a new "army of the stars". Harmonia however can only acknowledge the gathering involving Hirusaak as the only true gathering, cause anything else mean that something has changed. That could be why they fight the Stars of Destiny and also why they call Hirusaak "The Only Hero". It would also explain why Harmonia chose to side with the Stars of Destiny in SIII due to there being a real threat again stagnation. Had Luc be allowed to go through with his plans, Dharma would be in trouble, sort of speak.

Talking bout that I just got this wild speculation. I've been wondering what actually gathers the Stars and I got this wild idea. Could it be, in it desire to "mix things up", that the "thing" that's behind every gathering is in fact the Rune of Change. I've always thought the the Rune of Change and the Circle Rune are the most important runes in Suikoverse and could very well be rune representations of The Sword and The Shield, you know those who battled in the very beginning. Could explain why we have ever been able to actualy play as an Harmonian force despite being the nation beingfeatured in some way in every game (I think), because the Circle Rune (Harmonia) will always fight the Rune of Change (108 stars). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it so that Hirusaak acquired the Circle Rune from Aronia? If so, it explain how he could lead an SoD army, cause he wasn't the then owner of the Circle Rune, Aronia was. Which he fought, cause the Circle Rune and the Rune of Change will always battle.

Yeah, I know it's trippy and far out there, but it kinda works... Doesn't it?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think we'll ever get to see Hikusaak as a Tenkai in a game, why? Well I feel Hikusaak is in Suikoden to be the enemy and threat to all the other Tenkais and their actions.

Urn wrote:
I thought he was called "The ONE Hero", not the ONLY hero, but I may be mistaken.

It's been translated as both on many different sites, but either way it doesn't make much of a difference, the idea that Hikusaak is the only man that can ever be considered a hero is very much in the philosophy of Harmonia.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see. Well, I think the title simply applies to Hikusaak being the hero who brought Harmonia into prosperity and liberated it from its oppressors. I think that it is simply a title of esteem and nothing more.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I see. Well, I think the title simply applies to Hikusaak being the hero who brought Harmonia into prosperity and liberated it from its oppressors. I think that it is simply a title of esteem and nothing more.

I agree there. To me it seems like a title meant to honor his greatness or something like that. Kinda like a fancy way of saying he's the "greatest hero" or something like that. However, we know so little of Hikusaak himself and his story that there may be something behind it.

As for seeing him as a Tenkai Star in a future game, I think he has just about the same chances as the Flame Champion, which in my opinion are close to nill.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I´ve heard somewhere people call Hikusaak the original Tekai Star. Maybe that´s what means "the only hero", all the other gatherings are nothing, but copies from the original ....
That's the best I can think out of this.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I don't think we'll ever get to see Hikusaak as a Tenkai in a game, why? Well I feel Hikusaak is in Suikoden to be the enemy and threat to all the other Tenkais and their actions.

Wouldn't that just make it more interesting, to play as the villain for a change?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: