Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harmonia's Old Shape
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Thus, unless Toran has land on a separate continent or something, where Harmonia also has land, they won't be geographically connected with a land border, but even then they'll be geographically disconnected from their mainland anyways.

I don't think we have to be that open minded about Toran's borders really.

So basically, the only explanation we have is that Harmonia operated Toran entirely through the sea, or perhaps was on friendly enough terms with the Dunan Monarchy to secure a right of passage agreement or something like that? It all seems a bit far-fetched, I'd be inclined to say Harmonia must've had Eastern Muse and Kyaro under their control or something, but alas there is no evidence of that at all.

It could just be Konami forgetting things... :(
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
That's actually impossible based on official information. Konami has released a full world map, which shows that the area east of Toran is basically ocean.

I´ve seen this map... Doens't it show only the Island nations, Gaien, Zelant, North Falena and Koolluk? I don't have it now, but I will look for this map when I have the time to make sure.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is basically the map released by Konami (and Due Fiumi added English text for clarification).

http://www.duefiumi.com/images/atlas/wm_nrm_sm.jpg
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've see a map on a video, it is actually much smaller than that, but you can see there is sea northeast from Toran (it doesn't show what's in the east, but it seems to be sea).

Since you were right about the east, I guess that map must be official. When was it release? I only know of one map show in a video. Is this map entirely official or are there parts of it that are unofficial?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes it is the official version. Although in the bigger version with borders and other added countries, John has made some estimations as to where certain territories begin and end.
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a long shot, but could it be that the old Dunan Kingdom Muse area didn't included the Eastern area? Harmonia was founded long before the Dunan Kingdom was and because of this it is not impossible for all of the eastern lands to be counted as Harmonian lands.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rezard wrote:
I've see a map on a video, it is actually much smaller than that, but you can see there is sea northeast from Toran (it doesn't show what's in the east, but it seems to be sea).

Since you were right about the east, I guess that map must be official. When was it release? I only know of one map show in a video. Is this map entirely official or are there parts of it that are unofficial?

The map that Vextor linked to is pretty much taken from the video of which you speak. John brightened it up, and added English text, as has been said. I think your memory of the video may be a little off, because I'm pretty sure the map at the end of said video looked quite similar to John's map. I remember this because it brought great closure to most of the geographical disputes in Suikoden.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: