Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Something Interesting I would like to see
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Something Interesting I would like to see Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be pretty awesome if Konami made a game where the setting was at the time of the birth of the 27 true runes. That way we can learn all about them and who were the bearers of the true runes from the begining and we could see how everything came to be in the suikoden games.

Also, they could make it like the suikoden world was once a big large continent but the birth of the 27 true runes divided the lands into many different continents.

Thoughts on this?

Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, when the true runes was made there was no Suikoden World/s at all. The legend goes

from Suiko Source

In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.

At that time Humans or any other creatures did not exist.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh der

*smacks forhead*

I completly forgot about that.

However, what about a game that does the story of the first bearers of the true runes. or are some of these people who bear the true runes the first bearers?

like for example was ted's grandfather the first bearer of the cursed rune??

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
like for example was ted's grandfather the first bearer of the cursed rune??

It's not known, and I doubt it ever will be, Suikoden leaves a lot of unanswered questions in it's wake.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess...it could...sort of be interesting....but I mean....at the same time it's sort of meaningless and I don't see the point...

To me it's like "OMG! I WANT TO SEE THE FIRST HUMAN ON EARTH!"
(and when I say that I mean to ignore any religious connotations with that)

Maybe it'd be interesting to like...see who was the first to discover you could embed runes or something of the sort

but uh....it'd only work as some side manga or documentary or something....they couldn't possibly make a mainstream game on it.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:

but uh....it'd only work as some side manga or documentary or something....they couldn't possibly make a mainstream game on it.....

Yeah they COULDN'T POSSIBLY

it would be impossible, I dont think anyone could do it... it just cannot be done...

now all sarcasm aside, I certainly think the idea the Topic Creator presented is a good one, I'd love to see the first bearers of the true runes that we know and love... and they could incorporate it into a mainstream game with an actual point, perhaps show the origin of alot of crap they fail to explain in suikoden.... like Yuber...

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...that was uncalled for there......

Andarc wrote:
perhaps show the origin of alot of crap they fail to explain in suikoden.... like Yuber...
:| seriously...unless it was the final Suikoden. To make a game explaining every little mystery of the game would kill of the series prematurely.

It's like knowing everything in the world. I mean the knowledge is nice and all but there's this thing that develops that's called BOREDOM when there's a ready explanation for every little mystery in life

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Theres just some things in Suikoden we'll never know.

Must've been like the 100th time I've said that. :P
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:
...that was uncalled for there......

Andarc wrote:
perhaps show the origin of alot of crap they fail to explain in suikoden.... like Yuber...
:| seriously...unless it was the final Suikoden. To make a game explaining every little mystery of the game would kill of the series prematurely.

It's like knowing everything in the world. I mean the knowledge is nice and all but there's this thing that develops that's called BOREDOM when there's a ready explanation for every little mystery in life

I didnt say I wanted everything explained, just a few things, I used yuber as an example, but say.... they made a game based on the first bearer of the sovereign rune or (maybe that's the creation of scarlet moon) perhaps the first bearer(s) of the rune of beginning. these would be good settings for a future suikoden as well, I'm sure plenty of people not just me would be interested in seeing these things.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why do we need to have every detail of their life explained? The game is too complex to just throw that much in a non-cannonical game like that. It seriously would distrub the flow. It would make much more sense to put that kind of information in a flashback. Not to mention there are more pressing mysteries out there than "who was the first bearer of the Soveirgn rune." It would be a waste of time to focus on thigns we already know enough of, it's best to just leave that much to the imagination.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Why do we need to have every detail of their life explained? The game is too complex to just throw that much in a non-cannonical game like that. It seriously would distrub the flow. It would make much more sense to put that kind of information in a flashback. Not to mention there are more pressing mysteries out there than "who was the first bearer of the Soveirgn rune." It would be a waste of time to focus on thigns we already know enough of, it's best to just leave that much to the imagination.

I would love to see a game where it goes through the creation of the scarlet mooon empire. Maybe, emperor Barborosa is the tenkai? or Tir's father might be the tenkai. i dont know but I would still like to see a game where you go through that plot.

Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
Yvl wrote:

I would love to see a game where it goes through the creation of the scarlet mooon empire. Maybe, emperor Barborosa is the tenkai? or Tir's father might be the tenkai. i dont know but I would still like to see a game where you go through that plot.

The scarlet moon empire creation is way before Teo or Barbarossa, it would have to take place, when Kranak Rugner was the King/Duke of the Holy City of Rupanda, with Julian Silverberg and all that jazz.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh my bad

I really need to get more up to speed with all of the Suikoden History. I dont really know anything besides what is told in the games and only some of that because its been awhile since Ive played any of them.

This weekend is all about beating Suikoden IV again =)

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking, there's a FAQ on the main page of this site, and I believe Due Fumi has a bunch of wisdom as well.

That rebellion with Kranak Rugner was also bloodless, so I don't think we'll be seeing much of that any time.

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:

That rebellion with Kranak Rugner was also bloodless, so I don't think we'll be seeing much of that any time.

Yvl, was it? I do believe it was a huge skirmish between Harmonia and Kranak's existing forces. why would he need a Strategist? -_-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: