Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Forgotten Games You Loved
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lufia II was the first RPG I ever finished after already played but gave up on FFVII VIII and others, its the only game(or maybe even movie for that matter) that I ever played which had a marriage between two main character that turned out to make the story better. The story was awsome although I have a hard time recalling all of it, the major segments made the game seem like a long epic over an entire life time. Although I played this game on a SNES emulator and didn't hear a second of the music, so for all I know the BMG could have been non stop farting sounds but I'm sure it was good. I also like ROTK, I played everyone from 1 that fits on a single floopy disc for PC to IX that came out last year, the only one I ever finished was the first game, but I have to say I loved III for SNES cause that one had almost all the needed aspects yet it didn't get screwed up like every other one that have came out since; IV was okay and VII for PC was too, but the rest were just way to tricked up that it screws up the best part of the game, which in my opinion is managing your dynasty based on using the best resources and not being tied down by unperdicatable crap that limits your options.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forgotten.....................let's see.....Arc The Lad 3.One question by me!If we were supposed to tell which forgotten game we loved,then why do we remember it right now?And if you love that game, shouldn't you never forget it, no?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Child of The Sea God, Ah yes, Mario Cart on the SNES, i still play that game to this day, what a classic!

Keriaku, Puzzle Bobble, I actually downloaded this game onto my Mobile/Cell phone! Brilliant!

Black Fang, Indeed, Shining Force I & II (never played III) are and always will be classics in my opinion, those were the very first (strat)RPG's that i played, i must dig them out of the attic.

Starslasher, Sonic, yeah, a top platformer! I even bought the Sonic Mega Collection!

Another game that deserves a mention is Super Street Fighter II on the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive, it is probubly the only Street Fighter game that has ever kept my attention.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say the first Mega Man. Me and my friend always would have played that game for hours until we called it a day.

I used to love that game and now im thinking of selling it for profit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs, I also love the SNES Lufia games, though I've never played any of the GameBoy games (it doesn't help that I don't have a GameBoy) but neither of them got good reviews. I got the original Lufia some time after I finished Ys III, which was a really short game for an RPG. I was underwhelmed with Ys, having been introduced to SNES RPGs with Final Fantasy.

I can't remember how long it took me to finish Lufia on my initial playthrough, though I believe it was in the ball park of 20 hours. I was very thorough with the game, making detailed maps while I played, so I'm sure that ate up some time. Lufia II, on the other hand, took me forever and some help from someone who had played the game because I wasn't clear on what the heck to do in some areas. One part I was stuck on until I got online and found a FAQ for the game.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:

Black Fang, Indeed, Shining Force I & II (never played III) are and always will be classics in my opinion, those were the very first (strat)RPG's that i played, i must dig them out of the attic.

Wait, isn't Shining Force a Gameboy Advance title?Or is the Gameboy Advance one a remake?
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Destiny of an Emperor for the NES. This game is beautiful and hardly anyone has ever played it, it's a shame really. It follows the same story line as the Romance of the Three Kigdoms/Dynasty Warriors/Dynstay Tactics games but in a purely RPG form. The game was the first game that I know of to allow you to use almost every enemy you fight in the game, in a way really similar to Pokemon.

Any fan of The Three Kingdoms should definately play this game.

Quote:
jjrrs, I also love the SNES Lufia games, though I've never played any of the GameBoy games (it doesn't help that I don't have a GameBoy) but neither of them got good reviews.

Lufia 2 is another quality game that has already been discussed and it's a shame that the gameboy ones got bad reviews, I thought Lufia: The Legend Returns was a really solid game. The one for the GBA was really bad though.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really forgot these ones:

Tomba:Graphics,gameplay,i just loved it.And the story's fun.

Tomba 2:Very poor 3D graphics, nut still mantains the heart of the game.Man, i really loved these.I hope they make a Tomba 3 or a remake or something.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, Punch Out for the NES was excellent and I agree with the general opinion on PIRATEs for the NEs as well, I loved that game!

Syndicate for the amiga, what a game...

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone Remember the "Streets of Rage" Series of Sega Genesis? When I was little, I used to be addicted to all 4 of them. Me and my friend bassically Mastered them in a few months, after we beat 1-4 on "Very Hard" Difficultly in two player mode. Ohh and you can't forget, in the 4th you have to kill only the clown, and ignore the kangaroo's attacks, cause then the Kangaroo runs away, and when you die and are able to switch characters on continues you get to pick to be the kangaroo too ^__^. Yep, we had that game mastered, just curious if anyone else remembers it?

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I just remembered this game.

Me, my sister, and big brother used to fight on who will get to play, it was pretty good fighting game, and probably my first fighting game.

We used to always play with two players and always beat the game that way, we never played it alone and never got managed to beat the fifth or sixth boss alone.

The characters were interesting, although I don't exactly remember which character I used to pick but I'm sure it was the armored guy at the beginning then the kangaroo.

I don't remember much of the story but I think it was something good since it made me/us fascinated with it at that time.

It was a great game, thank you for reminding me, I almost forgot about it ^.^.

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

'Dune' on Sega Genesis, anyone remember this one? This was the first command and conquer game I've played. I still love playing it from time to time... When I'm not playing my Legacy of Kain games, or Suikoden. I'm still looking for the first LoK game, Blood Omen, it's never in stores anymore...
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
Wait, isn't Shining Force a Gameboy Advance title?Or is the Gameboy Advance one a remake?

Gameboy Advance one is a remake.

Shining Force I & II came out loooong ago for the Sega Genesis. III for the Saturn.

I love in II how everyone got really tiny in order to enter that caravan...

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought of a few games today:
Phantom 2040 for the SNES and Genesis. It was basically a side-scrolling action game somewhat in the vein of Megaman X series. The Phantom could be upgraded with better weapons, more health and armor and he could drive vehicles. The game had branching story paths with multiple endings.

Beyond Oasis/Story of Thor was a cool little action-rpg that came out way too late in the Genesis life cycle. You played a prince called Ali who carried a gauntlet that could summon four elemental spirits by firing a light ball at an appropriate object. For example, you could summon the Shadow Spirit Shade by firing the light ball at a mirror. Ali could also perform various fighting moves and wield different weapons. There was a prequel called Legend of Oasis/Legend of Thor for the Saturn that included more spirits and a much larger overall game, but I never played it.

Crusader of Centy/Soleil was an action-rpg that was a rip on the Zelda series. You could even chop down shrubs in it. :) What I really liked about this game is that instead of getting various weapons and equipment, you get animal companions that added attributes to the weapons or give the character a new ability. For example, the cheetah let you run faster while the lion added a fire attribute to the character's weapon. And you could even create combos with the animals so that, for example, with the dodo and the lion, you can cause more damage than just the lion alone and when you hit the enemy, three fireballs are released that damage nearby enemies. It also had some nifty puzzles and a pretty good story.

One series that I'm pretty sad about that, as far as I know, never made it past the 16-bit generation is the Turrican series. I think it was Turrican and Mega Turrican for the Genesis and Super Turrican and the never-released Super Turrican 2 for the SNES. I played Mega Turrican and it was a great game. It had four upgradeable weapons, a rope which you could use to grab onto walls and the ability to turn into a ball that made you invincible for a limited time. Long levels and a pretty good learning curve made for a great time. And even though the game had a timer (I loathe timers) it was generous enough that it allowed for the player to really explore the various levels to the fullest.
Hyatt_is_Dead

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forgotten games, eh? Let's see...

Kuon was a very nice survival horror game. Not the best, hardly the worst. Originally I didn't pick it up because I assumed it was just a Fatal Frame clone (like many people I've talked to about it). I finally bought it a week or so ago and I'm hooked. Granted, the cutscenes are a little weak at times (... would it have been that hard to animate mouths moving?), but the gameplay is pretty nice in my opinion. And it helps that it's pretty frikkin' creepy.

Then there's Shadow Hearts. The game's lack of success is attributed to the release of Final Fantasy X, which really irks me. It had good graphics for its time, a good storyline, a good battle system, and the best monsters I've ever seen in any game. Ever. Did Final Fantasy X have giant clay baby monsters that attacked people with phallic-shaped appendages? I didn't think so.
"If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him. If you meet one of your ancestors on the road, kill him. Free of all, bound by nothing, you live your life simply as it is." - Genjo Sanzo, Gensomaden Saiyuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: