Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luc's death(s) in Suikoden I
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Luc's death(s) in Suikoden I Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was there really any reason that Luc was always the first to die in battle?
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not sure what you are referencing to exactly. Do you mean in the major battles Luc always seemed to be the one to die?

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This actually brings a good questino to mind. Seeing as how he's dead, if you upload your Suikoden data to S2, it wouldn't make any sense for Luc to be alive. And if he died in the second one, upload your data into S3 to see what happens. Luc dying is a load of bull, he just gets sick of fighting and goes back to Leknaat!

LUC IS A FAKE!!

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rincewind

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarosa Rugner wrote:
I am not sure what you are referencing to exactly. Do you mean in the major battles Luc always seemed to be the one to die?

Yes, how he was the one to always fall first in major battles.

Scarlet Assassin: Suikoden 1 data only affects Suikdoen 2 data if it is saved at the last save point in the game, and you have all 108 stars, to my knowledge.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, it wouldn't be if you had all 108 stars. Remember that if you upload the S1 data into S2 without reviving Gremio, Ellie will take his place in the Banner Village incident. You only need to be at the last save point within Gregminster for the upload to work.

It doesn't really matter to me if Luc gets killed during a war battle. It happened to me once, but I just restarted. My friend had also lost someone in a war battle and left the game on for hours on end just to see if it was OK to move on with the story. Of course I told her it wasn't. Anyway, I'm not a fan of Luc: he's a punk, and he got what was coming in S3. Sorry, Luc fans. :wink:

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought I was the only one who disliked Luc. I will admit that he became a lot cooler in 3 than he was in the first two. But I didn't see his revolt coming at all. I've searched through the first two games for hints, and they're simply not there. I think Konami was reaching for a villain and figured it would be fun to kill a character that some people had become attached to. I'm just happy they didn't pick Flik or Viktor.

As far as battle deaths go, I lost Lepant's wife once and Krin once in Suiko 1, in SUiko 2 I think I lost Kinnison. I always restart when I lose a character, even though I was extremely tempted to just keep going when I love Augustine in Suiko 3.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure if you uploaded data into S3 that had Luc dead in S1 (via the S2 save), it wouldn't affect anything. All the S2 data does is unlock a couple of scripts for the theatre, anyway.

I've lose Luc a couple times during those S1 battles. Sheena too. He seems to die quite often.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc was really odd. I wonder if he finally did die in Suikoden III. I am pretty sure that he did though seeing what they said after the game when they showed Luc's future.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is Konami Official (as official as it can be) that Luc is dead. For good.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
This actually brings a good questino to mind. Seeing as how he's dead, if you upload your Suikoden data to S2, it wouldn't make any sense for Luc to be alive. And if he died in the second one, upload your data into S3 to see what happens. Luc dying is a load of bull, he just gets sick of fighting and goes back to Leknaat!

Luc dying in Suikoden I is a gameplay element. Anyone dying in Suikoden I major battle and also the execution of Milich or Kwanda (excluding those who died according to the storyline, aka Gremio until revived, Teo, Ted, Odessa, etc) are gameplay elements and not to be confused with storyline element. So in the storyline they are all still alive with the exception of those who died in the story.

In Suikoden II, similar thing happened. Those who died in major battle are only dead from gameplay point of view, not the storyline. So if you load your Suikoden I data with Luc dead in it, he would've been considered alive for the storyline purpose and hence, never died. And to obviously make the system work better, the characters that are involved in storyline (such as Fliktor, Shu, Freed Y, Luc, etc) can not die in Suikoden II's major battle.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but f your talking about Luc tended to die in battle, it's because he's very skilled in magic. In a lot of rpgs, the magical characters are real weak and tend to be defeated with physical attacks real easily.
Rincewind

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was my joke that up to 3, Luc was the Suikoden equivalent of Kenny from South Park, seeing as he dies in every game.

I didn't like him either. He was a whiny little baby
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I found that funny too. As I was playing III I always would giggle when luc came on screen. Because in my game...I accidentally got him killed in one of those blasted strategy battles.

So I had this theory that Luc was in fact a zombie who thought he was alive but wasn't. And he suffered from existential angst for no better reason than his mind thought he was still alive and just a vessel for the true runes-which, granted, is very depressing but I don't know if I'd go crazy over it. I'd prolly say screw it all, find a happy go lucky man, and have a happy go lucky family. After they died I'd spend my time making life miserable for the rest of the foolish mortals.

Wow. That turned into a rant. Sorry.

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:

LUC IS A FAKE!!
the way i see it is no matter what you do if you collect all 108 or not if they didn't die through the story line then the were spose to live excluding germio because he was resurected.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rincewind

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, just thinking if Suikdoen II would take every aspect of your saved data. Start a new game, save at soonest possible moment. Upload to Suikoden II. When you have to visit "Toran", it is still the Scarlet Moon Empire, and they refuse to help you, and you fail to unite the grass lands. Then upload that to Suikoden III, and the Karayans have expanded their borders to the Grasslands. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: