Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

All Things Zombies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assumed the movies that don't explain where the zombies come from - like the remake of Dawn of the Dead - was intentional to convey the idea that the people involved didn't know where the zombie outbreak had originated from. If that is the case, I felt it conveyed that idea very well as I imagined that I wouldn't have somehow known how it started either if I was in that scenario.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even in the remake they tried to hedge their bet by making only those bitten and killed by zombies to come back as one. I'm going to assume it was a compromise since they already made them Olympic-level sprinters. The faster zombies gave the story an excuse to explain how it spread so quickly since those caught in the way of the sprinters would most likely get a bite on them even if a minor one.

I still prefer the Romero rule where anyone who dies comes back as a zombie. This rule pretty much makes death the ultimate bad guy in those movies since in the end everyone will have to die and then come back. In the remake everyone got a reprieve in that death not from a zombie means one won't come back and will rest in peace.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently had to watch "night of the comet" with my mom. After seeing the "Casa Bonita" episode of South Park the idea of comet-induced zombies or somthing was well. I coudn't pull the two things apart.
those ones really weren't zombie zombies, like green rotting things, but they were somthing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Night of the Comet is one very fun and cheesy example of the scifi-horror-comedy they cranked out by the dozens every month during the 80's. Just seeing the title makes me want to pop in the dvd to watch right now.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally, the first trailer for George A. Romero's latest zombie flick, Diary of the Dead. For all fans of the flesh-eating undead here's the exclusive trailer.

Diary of the Dead exclusive trailer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: