Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Made or Breed, criminals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i generally believe that everything to do with personality is entirely nurture, however i think that it begins when the child is still in the womb, if the mother is very conflicted or angry, i think that it aggitates the child, which can lead to many issues like melancholy, general moodiness, and quick temper. i don't have much science to back me on this but i just think that how you are raised is generally why you become the way you become. many people argue they are like their parents in regards to attitude and psychology, but i think that could just very simply be a result of attaching to one parent more than the other. i'm not very sure about what personality traits could result from physical consequence.

Gate Shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
19 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there are enough situations where people who grow up in good environments end up criminals to say that there are at least some people who are born with a nature that disregards the standard societal morals, regardless of how they're raised. Granted, I only think that applies to a select number of people, and the majority just grow into criminals based on the environments they grow up in and the specific situations they have the misfortune to end up in. Of course, there's no way to test this, since all of the small factors that exist in the development of the brain make an experiment impossible to control, so all that will ever happen will be opinion and conjecture.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it is entirely dependant on the individual, it can be one or the other, or a mixture of both in cases.
Omerta

Fighting First

139174 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that criminals are not bred. Criminals i think are usually a product of their environment, wether that evironment effects them physicaly, mentaly, or spiritualy. Everyone has the ability to do evil its just that fact of will and if one really wants to be well...bad.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The way someone reacts towards certain things, the choices they make and their behavior. These type of things are usually affected by the way people are raised.

One of the best examples is probably the amount of peer pressure you generally receive in High School. There's always a need to be 'cool' and to be 'cool' is usually associated with being 'bad'. I don't know where that stereotype comes from, but I suppose it's the influence of the media these days. People want to be like rockstars and hip hop stars, so they try to act like them and speak like them.

So naturally, the worse the act, sometimes the 'cooler' you get. Of course, there's a limit for this and all but.. yeah. It really is dependent on the way you are raised and the environment around you, that'll determine your actions and morales.

0 Potch
6 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I think there are enough situations where people who grow up in good environments end up criminals to say that there are at least some people who are born with a nature that disregards the standard societal morals, regardless of how they're raised.

That would be nurture again, as such people never learn about actual responsibility for their actions, and/or have been used to accounting other people as objects. Simply put, they are spoiled. Of course, there might be a few exceptions, but these are very rare.

Generally, I tend to believe that nurture has the biggest impact on turning to crime, but one of the greatest factors in this is environment. A child who was raised in a very poor family might think it's fine to rob liquor stores in order to earn some money, simply because he has been taught that there are few alternatives. I'm usually not stereotipic on such matters, but statistically, many more poor people turn to crime. On the other hand though, most of their crimes are materialistic in nature, whereas middle and upper class criminals tend to be the ruthless psychos more often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: