Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Recruiting Hazuki (Possible Bug?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Recruiting Hazuki (Possible Bug?) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Again I think something strange happened to me, I went to Port Spinacks, hoping to add Hazuki into my army (who wouldn't hope?) and to my dissapointment she wasn't there. Bear in mind I hadn't spoken to her with or without Marina and/or Belcoot yet so there was no reason for her not to be there, I reseted the console thinking that would do something but it didn't, I completed a few plot sequences and then she finally appeared, strange, no?

Has this happened to anyone else? I must have a rather strange Suikoden V copy.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hasn't happened to me. the way i get her is when you firs go to port spinacks. make sure you don't have belcoot and talk to her. go grab belcoot and marina for more dialouge and go back to port spinacks and you get her.

but what part did you try to get her? was it at the first time you went to port spinacks?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe several times throughout the game you cannot recruit people--namely, once you initiate a portion of the plot, you cannot recruit until that portion is completed. I'm not 100% positive on this, but if you were in the middle of doing something, that might have been the reason she wasn't there.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You must have been in an area that didn't allow recruiting. What were you doing specifically when you tried to recruit her? When you're in the middle of plot sequences, or need to trigger a certain event, sometimes recruits don't appear. Suikoden V is evil with it's recruiting times.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It actually happened to me before. It happened when I hadn't moved on to the next part of the story yet, I want to Port Spinacks hoping to recruit Hazuki but to my surprise, she was not there. I checked with Oboro and he said she was there the first time, the next he said she hasn't left the area and that she was there. I moved on a bit then I returned and she was there. Odd.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, this happened to me once. I forget what I did to fix it though.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Yes, this happened to me once. I forget what I did to fix it though.

went on with the storyline since that always fixes it :P

AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sometimes is a character isn't there all you have to do is Oboro about where they are and they will pop back up.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah it was weird, usually you can just visit the base and she is there, but she wasn't, and I tried a couple of things (like Oboro) and it still didn't work. It did eventually, it was just strange.
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that you mention it... nah.. never happened this to me, because I never tried other options. So, here is what I always do.

Hazukis recruitment is piece of cake. When you want to avoid complications, then talk to her without Marina and/or Belcoot in your party. She will ask if you know him. Then tell her the truth, port back to HQ, take those 2 in your party and return to Port Spinnacks. And if you want, you can also take Gavaya and Nikea in your party. => Tadaaaa! Hazuki joins! :)

just my 2 potch
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I know how to recruit her in the easiest fashion, I just wanted to see what she'd say via other methods.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chances are, you were probably in the middle of a plot, like Zonder said. I think once you enter Sauronix Castle and talk to Craig Laden, all recruitment will be suspended for a while, until after you get your castle back assuming you evacuated. Or maybe you will get a short window from after visiting the Deep Twilight Forest, but yeah, once you evacuate the castle, it would talk a while until you can recruit.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II does that "no recruiting right now" thing a lot. Never noticed it in V though

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru wrote:
Suikoden II does that "no recruiting right now" thing a lot. Never noticed it in V though

that's odd, even if you follow the book for V you occur it at least two to three times.

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's easy to miss. There's usually a time window where you can get all the possible characters you could in a certain point during Suikoden V. Same for Suikoden II, actually. Wataru just did not encounter any difficulties in recruiting, I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: