Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Eternal Sonata
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Eternal Sonata Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like 2007 is going to be a very good year for Xbox 360 when it comes to Japanese-style RPGs. Blue Dragon is already being localized and should be out by August and Lost Odyssey and Culdcept Saga set for a later on in the year. One title which I'm quite interested in is Eternal Sonata. I like how the magic and attacks are music-based. I remember an early PS2 rpg title which also used music as magic and attacks, but for the life of me I can't remember the title.

Here's a good hands-on impression of the game from the folks at IGN.

Eternal Sonata Hands-On

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well actually when I first aws this game in GameInformer I thought it looked alot like Radiata Stories although I'm pretty sure there battle systems will most likely be different. (At least from what I've seen so far) The game doesn't look bad and Xbox360 could always use some RPGs.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The graphics doesn't seem to be pushing the 360 in terms of nextgen but from the hands-on description it would seem they've made an effort to concentrate in making the game mechanics and battle system stand out. I'm wondering if the different musical styles between characters can be used to compose new attacks, if not just to create massive chain combos.

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, this game looks pretty good, and I'm always up for a pretty JRPG. I'd definitely get it...ya know...if I had a 360.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are some videos showing in-game footage courtesy of IGN.

Eternal Sonata videos

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These new screenshots released by Bandai Namco (or is it Namco Bandai) for their upcoming rpg, Eternal Sonata just keeps reminding me that this game may give the other potential rpg of the year titles like Mass Effect, Persona 3 and Blue Dragon a run for their money.

Eternal Sonata screens

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say, I'm glad I have been keeping an eye on this RPG, because it's shaping into what could be one of the most enjoyable games of the year-- if not the most enjoyable. Which is saying something with games like Blue Dragon, Persona3, and Mass Effect, like you say, and other games like the new Fire Emblem, and Super Smash Bros to think about.

Of course, the lack of funding may hinder the graphical quality, but it looks like with a more keen focus on making the game original, and emotionally impacting, even with the lack of funding, it will still be quite an entertaining game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dinosaurs, fancy clothing, and a little girl with a pink mulltet?! It's a given that I will pick up this game. I only had one RPG for my 360...I can't remember it's name, it was like the only one, and it was horrible. This game will be my reason to dust off that poor thing.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Gil will be glad to know that the soundtrack will sport some Chopin pieces. Maybe a couple of his Nocturnes and Piano Solos. While it may have some rock iterations of Chopin's music I've heard that most (outside of battle music) will stick close to pure classical.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this game just sold me an XBox 360... u_u

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

been playing the game for a few hours and it's pretty neat, I love the lush colors of the game world and the constently changing shadowing on the characters looks awesome. the battle system is a bit simple but still fun so far, the bow attacks slightly mixes things up but does the whole system change much later on or will it pretty much always be jamming the A botton as much as possible and then hit Y before the time run out? The story is no suikoden or xenosaga so far, as there's very little to care about in terms of background story or the settings of the game world, though I am very interested to see how the revolution unfolds. Also I already dislike the Chopin character as I find him to be stiff and the most uninteresting one of the bunch, is he the main character or do they share the spotlight equally?
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At first when I started playing the game I was quite worried that Chopin's real life would be pretty much totally ignored, or totally misrepresented. I am absolutely delighted to find that this is actually not the case at all. The game has little biographical pieces of Chopin's life scattered throughout it to reflect what is happening in his dream, which is pretty cool.

The best parts of the game are the absolutely stunningly animating locations, with very lush colors and great design, and the music-- both Chopin's and originally written for the game. The characters and story are all very cute-- not necessarily epic, but it's nice to see a game that doesn't try to be so epic, really.

As for Chopin's dream character, I rather like him. I don't think I've played enough of the game to really judge any of them so far (about 5 hours in), though.

Overall I really love this game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder if the PS3 version is coming this year.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
been playing the game for a few hours and it's pretty neat, I love the lush colors of the game world and the constently changing shadowing on the characters looks awesome. the battle system is a bit simple but still fun so far, the bow attacks slightly mixes things up but does the whole system change much later on or will it pretty much always be jamming the A botton as much as possible and then hit Y before the time run out? The story is no suikoden or xenosaga so far, as there's very little to care about in terms of background story or the settings of the game world, though I am very interested to see how the revolution unfolds. Also I already dislike the Chopin character as I find him to be stiff and the most uninteresting one of the bunch, is he the main character or do they share the spotlight equally?

i tried this game out for a few minutes and found the battles to be extremely repetitive. i really doubt i'll get it.

the game should be out in japan this year for PS3. no news on US release.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might just get an Xbox 360 for this game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: