Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New War FAQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Well a further question on the one Scarlet Assassin made is, say for example nation A is being attacked by nations B and C. Nation A would have a right to use 18 of its fighters, but if one of the members of nation A won a battle on the first turn against nation B, is it possible for that member to fight against nation C on the second turn?

No.

Quote:
I know that a member with zero SOLDIERS cannot participate but is it the same with posts?

No.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A unit can only fight in the battle that they are on the roster for even if they win and get to go again and a person with 0 posts can't participate.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well thanks for clarifying that Wiseman. Iscalio kind of confused me more than he answered haha. Well it does make sense that zero posters don't get to participate in the games since they have no stats asides from HP, Karma, Attack Power and Defence Power.

As for the attacking more than once thing I guess it makes sense, however this leaves room for improvement in the future. If two neighbouring territories of a single nation are fighting to defend their land, then perhaps interchange could be made possible in the future. This could also make the "Blinking Mirror" concept possible. A single Blinking Mirror over which the 10 nations fight for. The one who controls it is capable of transporting their soldiers around, but it can be taken away through combat or something.

This whole war thing is getting more and more Suikodeny so I thought I might just throw the idea in there.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The more advanced the battle system gets and the more little details that are put in the more fun it will get, however at the moment I am happy with the changes they made for Phase 4. Allowing a nation to attack up to three territories at once was probably the best change they could make, things were going too slow before. Now it should be more exciting.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Changes will happen every phase, but I don't intend to add too many changes at once, because it makes things stressful for everyone.

Thanks for the suggestions concerning the FAQs. Suggestions concerning the war system itself is not necessary at this point in time (if I need suggestions, I will ask), in order to prevent people from having false hopes, and to reduce peer pressure on Synchysi and myself.

Also, people with 0 posts CAN in fact participate, as long as they have soldier count (typically distributed by leaders). A number of such members have been used in the past.

Furthermore, I updated the War FAQ to include some more strange scenarios concerning declarations, and naval battles, and duels.
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wise Old Bloke wrote:
The more advanced the battle system gets and the more little details that are put in the more fun it will get, however at the moment I am happy with the changes they made for Phase 4. Allowing a nation to attack up to three territories at once was probably the best change they could make, things were going too slow before. Now it should be more exciting.

Yea, it will be more fun for us but it'll get increasingly hard for newbies just starting up on these forums heh.

Sars wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions concerning the FAQs. Suggestions concerning the war system itself is not necessary at this point in time (if I need suggestions, I will ask), in order to prevent people from having false hopes, and to reduce peer pressure on Synchysi and myself.

Wha? Am I hearing this right??? The all powerful SARS and Synchy bow down to peer pressure? :lol: Well I'll have to talk to you about the whole FAQ situation but I'll do that via PM probably.

SARSadmin wrote:
Also, people with 0 posts CAN in fact participate, as long as they have soldier count (typically distributed by leaders). A number of such members have been used in the past.

AHA!!! I knew it was a blurry rule. Heh, it made sense that they don't attack but I didn't remember reading it clearly in any of the FAQs or threads. Good to know though as this little piece of information just came in VERY handy.

Oh and btw......nice update! Not as many pretty pictures but nice nonetheless. :mrgreen:
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Quote:
I know that a member with zero SOLDIERS cannot participate but is it the same with posts?

No.

Question: Is it the same with posts?
Answer: No (it is not the same with posts).

I don't know why you didn't understand this.
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its the whole language and nationality difference here. Some people would read that as "No it is not the same with posts" whilst others could read it as "No, members with zero posts cannot participate". The no in the second phrase would be there as a supportive statement. Sadly the diversity in all our cultures has made both possible, even though the way you say it makes more sense, logically speaking. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, its just really easy to misinterpret these things, especially with vague answers simply because our cultures have came up with multiple meanings for similar phrases and sometimes for completely different words. I understand the concept now however. Thanks for the explanation.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will try to make myself clearer from now on.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your language is fine iscalio.

But anyway, can the questions about the war system be directed to the Member Questions thread so we don't have many threads all over the place - especially as this isn't the thread for questions anyway.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Suggestions concerning the war system itself is not necessary at this point in time (if I need suggestions, I will ask

Ah i see.....i have a suggestion, well more like a question in relation to the war system, so i guess i will wait until/if you ask. :)
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could it be possible to add stuff about Political Points to it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The War FAQ wrote:
In this example, Orange is attacking Magenta, and Magenta is attacking Orange; while Cyan is also attacking Magenta. In this case, Orange and Magenta will have one battle that takes place in between the two regions, while Magenta must defnd themselves against attack from Cyan in a separate battle.

That was one of the possible situation mentioned in War FAQ. My question is if Magenta lost both battles (one against Orange, and another one against Cyan), who would get the Magenta's territory? Would Orange and Cyan have to fight for it on the next phase?

continuation of the above quote wrote:
If Magenta decided to stay on defensive, Orange and Cyan would have to fight for the "right of way."

But since Magenta declared to attack Orange, wouldn't that mean that they get rid of their defensive option (like in a case of attacking each other means no fortification option)? Which means that Magenta cannot choose to stay on defensive against Orange. Hence, Magenta can only surrender against Orange (which would result in Orange victory) while defending against Cyan.

The War FAQ wrote:
In this example, Orange is launching an attack against Magenta's region, while Magenta is launching an attack from another region to attack the other region belonging to Orange. Although the location is different, in this case, only one battle will happen between the two nations (for the sole purpose to reduce the amount of work for battle admins). However the winner will gain whatever teritorry they included in their declaration of intent.

This quote is also another example from the War FAQ. I'm just wondering if the 2 attacks are actually different (one being naval and one being land), would only one battle occur? For example if Island Nations attacked Scarlet Moon Empire's Arlus via sea, but at the same time Scarlet Moon Empire attacked Seiba from Great Forest (land battle), would there be 2 separate battles or just 1? I would assume 2 battles would occur, but just would like a confirmation to make sure that I don't assume wrong.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
The War FAQ wrote:
In this example, Orange is attacking Magenta, and Magenta is attacking Orange; while Cyan is also attacking Magenta. In this case, Orange and Magenta will have one battle that takes place in between the two regions, while Magenta must defnd themselves against attack from Cyan in a separate battle.

That was one of the possible situation mentioned in War FAQ. My question is if Magenta lost both battles (one against Orange, and another one against Cyan), who would get the Magenta's territory? Would Orange and Cyan have to fight for it on the next phase?

They would have to duel for it.

Quote:
continuation of the above quote wrote:
If Magenta decided to stay on defensive, Orange and Cyan would have to fight for the "right of way."

But since Magenta declared to attack Orange, wouldn't that mean that they get rid of their defensive option (like in a case of attacking each other means no fortification option)? Which means that Magenta cannot choose to stay on defensive against Orange. Hence, Magenta can only surrender against Orange (which would result in Orange victory) while defending against Cyan.

"Decided to stay on defensive" in the quote here means "If they would have chosen not to attack".
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
They would have to duel for it.

1. Would the duel happen on that phase as well? or would the duel happen on the next phase?
2. If the duel happens on that phase as well, would the duelists have to be a surviving member of the 9-member roster of the nations for the battles against Magenta?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: