Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New War FAQ
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: New War FAQ Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look at the header, you will see a link that says "WAR FAQ."

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question, and I will add to it.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very nice, it finally cleared up all of my confusion about fortifications and ambushes. It's also interesting to know that there are special kinds of units...I begin to wonder... :)

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read it. I liked the Mercenary thing. It cleared up a lot of issues I was having trouble understanding. I am not confused anymore. :D
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn! Awesome work there SARS! Saves me a load of trouble for the FAQ updates now, mind you I'll still have to make one hell of an update. This just helps out a bit as I'll make a direct link in the FAQ to this page. Good work on clarifying this and damn that rule which says you can't attack more than once from a single region. :lol:
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you very much for complying my request, SARSadmin. I finally understand the battle system and thus i am not confused anymore! Thank you very much for the FaQ! It's really a good idea, if you think about it. Now that everyone understands, everyone can contribute! :D

Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad you liked it, I did it all for you, obviously. (kidding)

I still have to add other stuff, such as naval battles.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excellent, that has cleared all my questions up!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still have one question. If during the next phase, two seperate territories of one nation are attacked, can the same units be used in each battle, or do you need to dispatch other units to defend the second territory?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excellent work SARS.

Perhaps there should be a link for the map on there also. While there are several links on the forums dotted over the place, there's no one place to look if you're new and want to see this map.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
I still have one question. If during the next phase, two seperate territories of one nation are attacked, can the same units be used in each battle, or do you need to dispatch other units to defend the second territory?

The same units cannot be used in two battles. If you need to defend 2 territories within the same round, 18 units have to be deployed.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very helpful SARSadmin it cleared up a lot of questions i had. Even though i am not involved in any strategizing it is still nice to know how everything works.

Also referencing iscalio's answer, it seems like it would be very hard for any nation to find 18 units that are powerful enough to fend off two attacks. I feel sorry for any nation with such a task.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the challenge of fighting a two front war. It's nearly impossible to win on both fronts.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not anymore impossible than it is to lose on both fronts.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's why troop type advantages exist. So you can put some muscle units on each front, and then plan to use troop type advantage to make up for your smaller force. It is definitely harder to win on two fronts, but not impossible.

Fear our Vagueness.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well in reality it isn't really that bad because the units you use that win can be reused in next phases, thus stronger units can be used to their full potential, not to mention the newly implemented Duels that help out with this as well.

Well a further question on the one Scarlet Assassin made is, say for example nation A is being attacked by nations B and C. Nation A would have a right to use 18 of its fighters, but if one of the members of nation A won a battle on the first turn against nation B, is it possible for that member to fight against nation C on the second turn??? Just need clarification here as it is a little iffy.

Oh, and one more thing. I swear I saw somewhere that zero posters cannot participate in battle. I know that a member with zero SOLDIERS cannot participate but is it the same with posts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: