Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

terrian types for future suikoden
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: terrian types for future suikoden Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, I guess we can talk about what kind of 'lands' we want to see.
snowy places, jungle places, more desert places, tundra or taiga.

It could be a good topic if we let it, how it can effect plot.

I'd like a Suikoden with the main character hailing from a 'coldish' place, somehwere that would be like um, well somewhere 'cold' here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to see a more rugged and northern terrain in a suikoden game, with more emphasis on mounts and resource foraging. I think that would be considerably more interesting than a generic plains and fields area.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't recall yet seeing a truly desert place in a game--besides that one place in Suiko5...but it was such a small place...I don't really count it personally....

Oh but hey an ice-y place/town would be neat too :mrgreen: I mean...with Suikoden 4 being all tropical-ish and all they should explore a game set in the "other side of the thermometer" so to speak....Mmm....characters dressed in nice furry coats...... x3

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, I don't think I've ever seen the swamp-type region used before.

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd definitely like to see a frigid land of snow and ice.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it was set in a land of snow and ice, we could have an ice castle! Snowmen manning every parapet!

Anywho, Suikoden has to have some sort of frigid area, unless the world there really is flat like Templeton hoped, in which case there's no need for climates I guess.

~Uguu!~
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... So far, we have:

Suikoden 1: An area quite like Germany
Suikoden 2: Fertile plains
Suikoden 3: Grasslands
Suikoden 4: Islands
Suikoden 5: Mixture of 2 and 4

I'd then like to see either an icy region like Greenland, a desert somewhat like Tinto or an equatorial climate.

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I obviously want to see huge plains.

Another thing I want to see are more cultivated lands. Or maybe something like the lands from Le Buque of Suikoden III

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see an urban city type of terrain that mixed in pre-modern architect with desert regions and possibly an Ancient Rome/Ancient Greece type theme.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it could be a hellish, rugged, mountainous area where life is to a very minimal, although I was thinking that may not work because you need to make alliances and such and if there's no one there to join forces and such, then there's really no point to Suikoden without anybody in the games.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deserts or snow and ice for me. We have yet to see much of either, with the exception of Sable, Tinto, and the mountains in Suikoden V.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the idea of ice but the jungle would work very well. There could be a lot more guerrilla warfare like a real liberation movement if we were working with a jungle area.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah a guerilla warfare type area like the jungles and such would be cool, but icy tundras and thunderous mountains would be cool as well.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If we were considering geography and how it affects the country's economic policy, an extreme in infertileness would make for a good story because the nation would be pressed for resources. Just my thought.
It could even be a war-torn wasteland!

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ice wouldn't be bad... Mountains wouldn't be bad, either. Icy mountains would be just great... especially if we throw a random moose into the mix. ^^

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: