Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Choices, choices, choices.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Choices, choices, choices. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All right so one day last year I thought of getting a new game. I call around for the past Suikoden 1 and 2. All I had was fifty dollars. Ironically one store had Suiko1 for 39.99 and across the street they had Suiko2for 49.99. I think and decide to get Suiko1 so I can play Mcdol in Suiko2 if I can find it again. So I go get Suiko1 and in the store I see Xenogears and Wild Arms 2 for 24.99-14.99 respectivly. So I again have another choice. Do I get 2 games or 1 game that is universely rare. I'm in the store for like 30 minutes thinking and thinking. I didn't have any of those games. Then after looking at the back of Suiko1 I started thinking if I should go get Suiko2. If you were in my place What would you have done?
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2- (yes, I am this game's bitch) It's so incredibly rare now, you would be lucky to find a copy in a store. Suikoden 2 and Valkyrie Profile are two of the best, yet rarest games for Playstation. Suikoden 1 is waay less rare than Suikoden 2, and it isn't as good. Wild Arms 2 is way too dated to be any good, since they use 3D graphics that look like crap compared to the incredible 2D graphics of Suikoden 2. Xenogears is a great game, but it isn't rare now that it's been made into a Greatest hits.
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say Suikoden 2

Like Marshmallow said, this game is hard to find.
50 bucks for Suikoden 2 sounds like a deal, since the game is going for, what, over 70 on ebay and such.

Suikoden 1 is not as rare as Suikoden 2, I dont think Wild Arms 2 is that rare either (and I heard that WA2 is not as good as the other ones in the series), and Xenogears has re released as a Greatest Hits a while ago (some people have trouble finding the GH version -_- I have no problem finding mine though)

So grab Suikoden 2 when you can

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say go with suikoden 1 for 40 bucks (atlough i can find it for 20 easily) well worth it, and i Liked it better than 2. Besides its always best to start with the begining. And 15 and 25 bucks isnt much you could work that up and get both xenogears and wildarms and if you dont like them u could always sell them and other games u have to get suiko 2.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with getting Suikoden 2.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

get sII; i can guarantee that's the lowest price you'll get for it anywhere, seeing how the average price on ebay and affiliates is $95.

wild arms games are easier to get, plus on sI you can get a better deal; i've seen it for about $25 online-still cheaper even with s&h that that store.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Get Suikoden II first - it's much rarer and harder to find. You will not find it for a lower price unless you are insanely lucky. It's in demand, too, so it tends to get snapped up pretty quickly.

For whatever reason, Suikoden 1 isn't as popular and there are a lot more copies of it floating around. If you must play them in order, go ahead and buy Suikoden II and wait until you've got the $30 for I. It's worth waiting for.

Xenogears ia great game, but it's very widely available. You can find a decent copy for 10-20 dollars and it isn't as likely to be snapped up as SII or S1 is. It's a great game, but you'll be able to find it much more easily than either of the Suikodens.

Wild Arms 2 isn't much in demand; the average price on ebay seems to be 10-14 dollars and it looks like there's plenty of copies. Even though it's a good game, it's not as rare as Suikoden II or I or even Xenogears, so it'll still be there later, likely.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ddalv

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it was me I would get Suikoden two because once at amazon I saw it costing $200. I actually got Suikoden one and two for a combined price of $20 which is incredible even though it was not new.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seriously, even though I have a copy of Suikoden II, if I ever see a copy at my local Gamestop for whatever reason, I will buy it. It's so disgustingly rare, which is really surprising, since I got this game in December of 1999 for about $24, and there were copies everywhere. Now, I haven't seen a copy for at least 4 years.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'd definently pick a Suikoden over Wild Arms and Xenogears for reasons already said about the games. But when choosing between S1 and S2 :shock: , that's like choosing which of your hands you would like to keep and which you wouldn't mind loosing.

If this is your first time playing either of the games, S1 would start you off fresh from the beggining of the story. You'd know first hand about all of the returning characters in S2 not to mention the Toran Republic. And you'd get to have Tir McDohl on your team in S2 with the data transfer.

But with S2 you'd get IMO, a better story, better characters, better enemies, better minigames (cook-offs! :D ), and just better everything! Not to mention the game's very very rare and you'd be lucky to find one in stores under $60. I've seen some selling for over $100 on Ebay!

In the end, I'd be leaning more towards S2. But I just really couldn't decide on one. What do I do? Flip a coin :P . Let fate decide. That or just go home and get some more money. And if you don't have anymore, just borrow some from parents, friends, etc.

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I did let fate decide. And fate picked Suiko1 which was good, a few weeks later I went back and got Xenogears but oddly enough it was defective. So I took that back for breath of Fire 3. A month later one of my family members saw Xenogears GH copy and got it for me so it worked out good. Now I still have to get Suiko2 but it was already sold :evil: . But on the bright side this year a week ago a man traded all 3 suikodens in for no reason :P . I guess getting all the suikodens was fate :lol: .
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 is rare? Huh... *locks up his multiple copies in a vault*

What games? :lol:

I currently own 3 copies of S2 and 2 of S1, I loan them to friends when they're looking for a new game to play, and so far I've hooked 7 people on Suikoden and they've either bought one of my copies or gotten one for themselves. Let's keep fighting the good fight! Suikofans Unite! (I hope this is an entire party unite too, not one of those whimpy two person pointless ones.)

$100!?! shoot. That's waaaaaaaaay too much... oh... it is Suikoden... dang. Well, it's still a lot, but hell, I think it's worth it for a good copy. I'm waiting for SIII to go on clearance at Wal-Mart so I can spread it too.

Yes, I am a freak. Yes, I complusivly buy Suikoden wherever I see it. :cry: I'm just too addicted... :oops:

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I buy multiple copies as well. Picked up 2 copies of Suikoden 2 for less than 50 dollars a while ago. (I think they were each 20?) It's actually a pretty good investment, when you consider they can be sold for about 80-100 dollars a piece on average.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Out of all those games Suikoden 2 would have been the ideal choice.

It's the hardest to find, and you would have had to pay a lot more.

Finding Xenogears isn't easy, but it's not hard. Thousand Arms....meh. Not too sure.

Suikoden for 10 dollars at Zellers. Always tickled my fancy./
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rheo: Awesome AV!
I <3

I would say Suikoden I. Suikoden II, if you're ever peckish still floats around eBay. Suiko I is more rare.

/me huggles her 20 AUD suiko I (that was 9 USD at the time people!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: