Suikoden Unique and Illegal Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Law...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Your Law... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello everyone and thanks for looking.

In my country many crimes happen as they do in any country. But mainly drink driving and gun crime are on the rise here in Britian.

This thread is about ideas you have for changes in the law that you think could do great good in your country, in your city, on your street or even the world.

This started when I argued with my freind about a program called "Top Gear" its a car program where several presenters show off insanely expensive and fast cars. I said. "Why do cars in this country need to 150 mph when the limit is 90 on the most extreme motorways?" he loves fast cars so he argued and I continued "If people's car speed limit was capped you could give the police cars that go beyond this limit giving them the ability to go faster and help stop high speed chases from getting out of control" we continued the arguement but I was convinced this was a great idea.

Anyway. What would you change?

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On of the laws i want changed in my country is on how much politicians can use in there ad campaign. Here in my country politicians spend quite alot of money on advertisments that have stars, catchy songs etc. I always have a sneaking suspicion that some of that fund didn't come from donations or from the politicians pocket, rather they likely came from taxpayers money. When i think of how many trees are cut for there posters with politicians faces and how the money they spend on ads could be put to better use it just makes me so angry.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

This started when I argued with my freind about a program called "Top Gear" its a car program where several presenters show off insanely expensive and fast cars. I said. "Why do cars in this country need to 150 mph when the limit is 90 on the most extreme motorways?" he loves fast cars so he argued and I continued "If people's car speed limit was capped you could give the police cars that go beyond this limit giving them the ability to go faster and help stop high speed chases from getting out of control" we continued the arguement but I was convinced this was a great idea.

I agree with you on this issue, but of course, you must realize that speed isn't really the issue. Because a car can go 150mph doesn't mean you have to drive it that fast. The car doesn't kill, people kill.

As for laws I would like to see changed, hmmm, that is a tough one based on the fact that I live in the US. I would push for strict punishment on gun control laws. I would push for a change in three strike rule based on non-violent crimes. I would get rid of policies in states allowing for the death penalty..well, for the few states that still allow the death penalty. I would eliminate laws making it illegal for gay marriage simply because I believe it is a stupid policy since they can get practically the same benefits from being able to apply for domestic partnership. Yeah, I think that is it for now.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Law... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sniper_Zegai wrote:

I'm not an expert on automobile engineering by any means, but wouldn't capping the top speed like that also lead to a drastic decrease in acceleration and force the engine to work at a higher capacity, thus leading to a shorter life on engines? I remember an argument on another forum where people were wondering why cars were capable of going so fast in the city and proposed that they be capped. Of course, their cap was based solely on in-city, in which the speed limit was 60, but I would think the idea would be the same.

Of course, as I said, I'm no expert on automobiles, so I may be way off.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I live in Canada and there are a few that I'd like to see changed.

1) Legalize Marijuana - And it has nothing to do with my personal opinion of it. If its legal then people won't break the law to get (or provide) it. Second, people could be employed in the growth and cultivation and third...90% of Canada is an open space. It would probably turn Canada into a nation of potheads, though (as opposed to people who legitimately 'need' it for things like Glaucoma and Arthritis). Still, it'd be a pretty big moneymaking venture.

2) English on signs in Quebec - Quebec is French, the rest of Canada is English. The English side has French on their signs so people can see it in both languages and also as a gesture of good will, since the only reason 80% of Canada is English is because the French did what the French do best; lose a war. I'm so sorry you lost, but at least you get some kind of sovereignty and we recognize your culture.

Why then, when I go to Quebec, do they take my precious English from me? I always try to speak French (I was taught it in school, I have a base knowledge of it) but with no point of reference then I'm screwed. Put English on your signs, please; my province's taxes and tourism build your cities, which would increase even more so if you'd be a little more accommodating.

3) Lower the National Drinking Age to 18 - About the only good thing about Quebec. You're 18 and can vote, drive a car and probably attend school. Once more, this would stop kids from using illegal means to acquire alcohol.

4) Slightly increase the War budget - First, if WWIII ever breaks out (and it'll most likely be the US and China), I'll be getting a Cabin somewhere around Churchill, Manitoba if anyone's interested. Being next to the superpower just isn't enough, and I also get the feeling that things have been better between us.

I think that's about it...more to come later!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd probably ban smoking, that'd be good for me, I don't smoke but I get a bit annoyed when others blow smoke in my face, but since this is my make believe world of martial law, no one can smoke!
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd change sex laws, methinks. There was a high school basketball player who had consensual oral sex with a fifteen-year-old girl. She initiated the act...and he received a ten-year sentence. Georgia changed the statute, but since the law isn't retroactive, the kid has to serve out his sentence. I'm not sure if his appeal has gone through or not, though.

Let's just grow pot in the U.S. It makes you eat cookie dough and people are just going to keep smoking it anyway.

I took a few courses in Education before I changed my major. There is so much crap that needs to be changed in this field through potentially revolutionary measures, but few people have the balls to consider themselves social reconstructionists.

I'm straight, but rights for gays are pretty bad. In some states, if the landlord finds out that two lovers are living together, he can have them evicted. There are other sickening "rules," including homosexuals losing somewhere in the ballpark of 1,000 rights granted to men and women in married couples.

Some gun control needs to be changed as well. I support the 2nd Amendment and I live in a state where hunting is almost a way of life, but we don't need to own AK's, FAMAS', or submachine guns used by Special Forces. Wasn't a sponsored member of the NRA fired because he said the exact same thing?

Would it be too snarky to suggest that anyone named Bush can't be President ever again?

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're called restrictor plates, a lot of cars have them. Police cars do not. As for legallizing marijuana, a widespread decriminalization wouldn't solve the problems, it would take a few generations for the negative stigmas to wear off before there will be change. the law will change when the attitudes change.

I live in British Columbia, so pot is our biggest issue, but I'd like to see bigger changes and upgrades in our public transportation system, the trains and busses are only efficient in the very downtown sector, so for those who live just outside the reach of the big net (i have to greyhound it 25 minutes down the freeway to get to a bus that takes me downtown, retarded) it would be really nice to see that extra effort in expanding the transit web.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Disclaimer: I realize that my views are the minority. I realize I am overly harsh. I realize that my laws won't happen.

1. Child Bearing Licenses - In order to have a child you must apply for a child bearing license. Children will only be born by those who can support the child. A couple must apply to have a child before impregnation. If they together have a clean bill of health (No AIDS/HIV or any drugs in their system etc.) as well as a financial stability, a license for 1 child will be granted. Marriage isn't even a must, but it is a huge help. It is illegal for a doctor to deliver a baby to parents without the license. Pregnancies without a valid license will be terminated at the mother's expense, regardless of trimester. Children born without license are raised by an institution to be human slaves for the government and to be used as military soldiers if need be. Mothers who bear children wothout license will be incarcerated in a facility for 1 year. Repeat offenders will be given Tubal Ligation.

2. Mandatory Education - Nobody will be allowed to drop out of school. All people will go to school for 13 years and have to pass a final exam summing the entirity of their schooling. No place of employment will be allowed to hire anyone until they have gained their Diploma. Not even an establishment like McDonald's. Anyone who, after 16 years of school, fail the final exam will be placed into Government control to be used as manual laborers and soldiers. Don't want to be a slave and live a decent life? Do good in school. Unless a medical doctor can say you have a mental retardation not allowing you to comprehend school, you will attend school.

3. Firearms Elimination - Guns will be 100% illegal for civilians. Only authorized government officials (police) will be allowed to have guns outside of military facilities. Anyone with a gun and not permitted to have one will be severely punished (excessive jail time). In addition, all hunting will be done with Bows and crossbows, of which you will need a license to own. In order to have one, you must go through a training program teaching you how to use it properly. Each person who passes will be given their bow or crossbow and it will be registered to them and only them. Anyone who has a gun registered to them at the time the law is instituted will be required to turn it in. All gun stores will be shut down/stock removed.

4. Sentence Extentions - Criminals will serve much harsher penalties. Even for petty crimes, offenders will serve jail time. If you do a harder crime, jail time will be excessive. What was once a 3-5 year sentence will now be a 10-15 year sentence. By extending the harshness of the penalty, it will deter anyone from trying to do illegal activities. After criminals are released from prison, they will forever be on Probation where they will be supervised by a probation officer to keep him/her in check. Their homes can and will be checked periodically for illegal substances and items without warning.

5. Drug Elimination - Anyone found in posession of illegal substances will be incarcerated for long periods of time, regardless of amount or type. One ounce of Marijuana or a pound of cocaine, you're doing a good chunk of hard time. Drug use will not be tolerated in my society. Drugs have no positive influence on society, only on music, and I'm willing to sacrifice that.
------

Again, I realize my views are different and not accepted widely.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thor McOdin wrote:
I'd change sex laws, methinks. There was a high school basketball player who had consensual oral sex with a fifteen-year-old girl. She initiated the act...and he received a ten-year sentence. Georgia changed the statute, but since the law isn't retroactive, the kid has to serve out his sentence. I'm not sure if his appeal has gone through or not, though.

Yeah, I heard about that. There were others there, and they all got lesser sentences are already out on parole two, while he's been denied.

For starters, there would be a one time payment of 1% of the US GDP would be deposited into a bank account directly for me. The GDP of the US is around $12.5 trillion. I'll take it.

In all seriousness though.

Legalization of drugs- History has shown us something. It is indisputable. When a substance is banned, the biggest crimes are those that seek to get that item to the populace. We saw it indisputably with Prohibition, and we're seeing it now. We've seen that having stricter penalties don't cause fewer crimes, only wealthier criminals executing them (because the cost is higher). We've seen accidents caused because people are worried about cameras designed to catch speeding (and it's been a significant difference). If drugs were legal, it would stop the drug trade, which is the most lucrative black market trade. Once you legalize, you cut the legs out from under those who supply. Further, they can be taxed and regulated a whole lot better when it's not profitable to trade them illegally.

Vehicle licenses- Certain vehicles would require a special license of their own, one that can only be obtained by showing a genuine need of such a vehicle. The vehicles include, but are not limited to, Four-Wheel Drive trucks, Sport-Utility Vehicles, H1, H2 and H3 Hummers and Diesel trucks, and Recreational Vehicles. These vehicles cause difficulty for others on the road. They decrease difficulty and, in severe weather conditions, can displace enough water to completely blind other drivers. In addition, these vehicles are well known for their noise and emissions. As such, use of these vehicles shall be strictly limited. Not limited are minivans.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:
1. Child Bearing Licenses - In order to have a child you must apply for a child bearing license. Children will only be born by those who can support the child. A couple must apply to have a child before impregnation. If they together have a clean bill of health (No AIDS/HIV or any drugs in their system etc.) as well as a financial stability, a license for 1 child will be granted. Marriage isn't even a must, but it is a huge help. It is illegal for a doctor to deliver a baby to parents without the license. Pregnancies without a valid license will be terminated at the mother's expense, regardless of trimester. Children born without license are raised by an institution to be human slaves for the government and to be used as military soldiers if need be. Mothers who bear children without license will be incarcerated in a facility for 1 year. Repeat offenders will be given Tubal Ligation.

I agree that something needs to be done about this. People who can't support themselves should be allowed to have kids. How are you going to take care of them if they're in dire straights themselves?

I personally think the state should have the power to take away children if their parents can't support them. If parents don't have the resources, they should be put in a foster home or something like it immediately. I think people who don't have the required resources will stop having kids if they know that they'll just get taken away.

Amyral wrote:
Vehicle licenses- Certain vehicles would require a special license of their own, one that can only be obtained by showing a genuine need of such a vehicle. The vehicles include, but are not limited to, Four-Wheel Drive trucks, Sport-Utility Vehicles, H1, H2 and H3 Hummers and Diesel trucks, and Recreational Vehicles. These vehicles cause difficulty for others on the road. They decrease difficulty and, in severe weather conditions, can displace enough water to completely blind other drivers. In addition, these vehicles are well known for their noise and emissions. As such, use of these vehicles shall be strictly limited. Not limited are minivans.

To add to this, Xenon lights should be illegal on many of these vehicles because they're much higher off the ground compared to most cars. When these morons are behind me on the road, it's like being high-beamed endlessly.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

1. Child Bearing Licenses - In order to have a child you must apply for a child bearing license. Children will only be born by those who can support the child. A couple must apply to have a child before impregnation. If they together have a clean bill of health (No AIDS/HIV or any drugs in their system etc.) as well as a financial stability, a license for 1 child will be granted. Marriage isn't even a must, but it is a huge help. It is illegal for a doctor to deliver a baby to parents without the license. Pregnancies without a valid license will be terminated at the mother's expense, regardless of trimester. Children born without license are raised by an institution to be human slaves for the government and to be used as military soldiers if need be. Mothers who bear children wothout license will be incarcerated in a facility for 1 year. Repeat offenders will be given Tubal Ligation.

Actually, I support that fully. It's a very practical law and it'll spare the child pain from having diseases from its parents.
Quote:

Legalization of drugs- History has shown us something. It is indisputable. When a substance is banned, the biggest crimes are those that seek to get that item to the populace. We saw it indisputably with Prohibition, and we're seeing it now. We've seen that having stricter penalties don't cause fewer crimes, only wealthier criminals executing them (because the cost is higher). We've seen accidents caused because people are worried about cameras designed to catch speeding (and it's been a significant difference). If drugs were legal, it would stop the drug trade, which is the most lucrative black market trade. Once you legalize, you cut the legs out from under those who supply. Further, they can be taxed and regulated a whole lot better when it's not profitable to trade them illegally.

Also true. Though there may be moral objections to legalizing this law, what these people here fail to see is that making drugs illegal has only made situations worse and it frankly doesn't work to help drug usage decrease.

A law I'd like to see passed here: Allow single mothers to leave their children at the hospital. Because abortion is illegal here, there are sensational cases where teenage mothers leave their babies to die out in the open or even flush down their babies in the toilet. With this law passed, these babies will have a shot at living.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree for the most part with your #1 as well, Moon Knight. But won't that require way too much friggin time and effort? And expense? Slavery is also kinda illegal.

I do not believe that soldiers should be drafted for a "conflict" caused by the president moving troops to an area where they aren't liked. A war, declared by both the President and Congress, should be required to even talk about initiating a draft.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:
2. Mandatory Education - Nobody will be allowed to drop out of school. All people will go to school for 13 years and have to pass a final exam summing the entirity of their schooling. No place of employment will be allowed to hire anyone until they have gained their Diploma. Not even an establishment like McDonald's. Anyone who, after 16 years of school, fail the final exam will be placed into Government control to be used as manual laborers and soldiers. Don't want to be a slave and live a decent life? Do good in school. Unless a medical doctor can say you have a mental retardation not allowing you to comprehend school, you will attend school.

You do realize that some teens work while in school right? It is a very impractical law and, to tell the truth, makes no sense in any regard to human rights or anything of that nature.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:
Child Bearing Licenses - In order to have a child you must apply for a child bearing license. Children will only be born by those who can support the child. A couple must apply to have a child before impregnation. If they together have a clean bill of health (No AIDS/HIV or any drugs in their system etc.) as well as a financial stability, a license for 1 child will be granted. Marriage isn't even a must, but it is a huge help. It is illegal for a doctor to deliver a baby to parents without the license. Pregnancies without a valid license will be terminated at the mother's expense, regardless of trimester. Children born without license are raised by an institution to be human slaves for the government and to be used as military soldiers if need be. Mothers who bear children wothout license will be incarcerated in a facility for 1 year. Repeat offenders will be given Tubal Ligation.

lol its looking good for you moon knight.

Ia gree with this. I mean come on...the fact that a person as young 14 can have a child is sickening. Except for turning illegal babies into slaves. I dont see a problem with this.

This may infringe on people's rights but the truth is. Children born into unstable is costing the government millions and is ruining people's lives. There are injections you can get that last 6 months and stop you from getting pregnant if a version of this for males came out I would approve this as well.

And imstead of just terminating babies left right and centre babies past a certain trimester should be put into the adoption programs, which should receive money saved from not paying for child support and things like that.

Even if this never happens I still think these anti-pregnancy injections should be maintianed in high schools and out of high school until the age of 21.

Moon Knight wrote:
Mandatory Education
This is already in place in Britian. you have to go to school until your 16 but the age is being changed to 18. If students dont attend then its the parents who pay. Huge fines to most parents and some have even been sent to jail for not making their children attend. unruly students are put into special schools that deal with them. Put if a parent is responsible then they will see punishment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: