Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The movie "300" Banned in Iran

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: The movie "300" Banned in Iran Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok before I get to the issue itself up for discussion, for those who have not yet seen the film, nor know what the film is about, I will let you in on it. The film is essentially about the ancient Battle of Thermopalye(sp) when some 300 Spartan warriors stood against a massive army of Persians and held out for (according to the movie) 3 days before they died, delivering staggeringly lopsided casualties against the Persians. It also deals with all the political difficulties before and during the battle that surrounded the whole event. It is a fantastic movie for all those who love to watch a good action flick.

Now the Iranians have banned the film calling it American propaganda, which leads me to simply say..... pardon? I dont exactly see how something that was recognized by the Persians as having occured, would be any form of propaganda. This is a recognized historic event much like the holocaust which is frankly rediculous the recognize the validity of, but I suppose thats why it's up here for discussion. Feel free add your two cents to the whole deal.

Bit of a history lesson: The Persians were originally based out of Iran, so this may have led this claim of propaganda.

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm with you, I don't understand how it's propaganda if it's simply a retelling of a historic event with some Hollywood glitz added. It's not inciting an uprising, it's entertaining. Then again, I am completely ignorant of the situation in Iran in regards to poltical climate and what military factions there may or may not be. So in their defense, maybe Iran is paranoid that the movie will inspire the wrong kinds of people.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24809

Sorry mate, looks like you were beaten to the punch.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good call Hawk. Filipe, in the future, please scan the forum before posting a thread.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: