Suikoden Unique and Illegal Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ragnarok Online
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Ragnarok Online Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive heard of this online game, Ive been downloading it for the past 7 or so days. Yes I have dialup (it sucks!)
I want to know if this game is worth my trouble?
Also, if there is another thread like this. My apologies, I looked but couldnt find one.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really depends on what country your from. I play philippine ragnarok online and the company that runs pRO is greedy and corrupt beyond believe!!!

Hehe, but other ragnarok online versions are ok. Its a great 2D online game. There are alot of classes and fun things to do.
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragnarok Online Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dakota wrote:
Ive heard of this online game, Ive been downloading it for the past 7 or so days. Yes I have dialup (it sucks!)
I want to know if this game is worth my trouble?
Also, if there is another thread like this. My apologies, I looked but couldnt find one.

Unfortunately I'd have to say you're wasting your time. I played Ragnarok from the original betas and shortly after the second open it became quite clear to me that I was wasting my time as well. This was 2001-2002, and the game has since then become obsolete in every way, but also very contrived and i barely recognize it from the original (which was outstandingly great.) So you really missed the game's prime.

However, you also need to take into consideration how horribly laggy the game was, and if it was bad on a cable/dsl connection, i can't imagine it even being playable on dialup (granted I dont know anything that's playable on dialup)

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agh, I see. Laggy on dsl? That sucks..for lack of a better word. Thanks for the information, I think I may need to just quit on that, well quit or get dsl.
But anyways thanks.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol. I play Mater Margin Online, which from what I hear is a complete ripoff of RO. But it's free (for the most part) and I've already invested way too much time into it to give it up XD

It might be worth looking into Dakota :mrgreen:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, sounds interesting enough. I do enjoy free things..and when the 15 day free trial on RO ends, Im done for. So I think I will check it out. Thanks ^_^
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ragnarok Online is awesome, I play a private server for it that my friend made and I'm having a great time, and the custom classes on it are really fun they have Jedi's and stuff.
Necrilocity

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG ROOOOOOOO!!!! In my personal opinion...IT'S NOT A BAD MMORPG! It's great! The latest version is awesome! However, it does depend on which country and which server you sign up for. Also it's laggy depending on which server you sign up for. For example, there's NiktoutRO, a private (and free) server. Has over 1000 people online and BLEAH! And then there was the AbyssRO private server. Around 30 people on per day. Not much lagging really unless in WoE (War of Emperium) you get a lot of laggage from dumb spammers/bots/what have you...

And personally, I think private servers are better than the public ones...and it's truly a waste to go to the official RO site and do that...because the private servers have awesome rates depending on your choice of servers...

However, in your case...dial-up...I'm sorry. I have dsl and I still love the game.

If you ever get the chance to get a better sort of internet, go to this site:
http://www.gamesites200.com/ragnarok/

There's a lot of servers to choose from and the game will still be fun! Hey, it's 2007 now and the game's far more advanced since its beta version so whenever you get dsl or a faster internet, give it a try!

- necro
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was one of the first to play RO in the Philippines. On the very first week, I have already been playing :). Sadly, I quit for a while and when I came back, it was all too confusing and there were so many bots and zeny multipliers that it got boring because everyone is way too strong already so if you've just started again, its too late.
Necrilocity

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, but that's where friends come in. If you have buddies/support on RO, you can definitely climb the charts on RO. I learned that part the 2nd year I played RO. I was a lvl 87 assassin 1st year. After a while I got rusty but found a guild that helped me get to lvl 150 sinx in 3 months (obsession can get very ugly at times...)

So yea, I'm trying to say that to play RO at its best, you need friends. heehee...

- necro
"Vengeance will be mine. I shall repay, saith the Lord" - Romans 12:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune hunter wrote:
It really depends on what country your from. I play philippine ragnarok online and the company that runs pRO is greedy and corrupt beyond believe!!!

Yeah, preach on, brother. It constantly shaved 100 pesos (about 2 US dollars) off my allowance money every week. I can't believe it took me three years to realize that it's not worth wasting that much money. 5200 pesos per year??? I could buy a frickin' CELLULAR PHONE with that kind of money. Or two videocards. Hmph!

I don't think it would be worth it if they charge anything for it, Dakota. But if it's free, then by all means, play. It's pretty fun.

I play Flyff nowadays. It's free, and I'm addicted. XD
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too used to play Philippines' RO.

I was immersed in it for some time. Then I realized, "Why the hell am I playing this WITH payment? Dammit, there's stuff out there like this that's FREE!"

After that, I quit pRO and played on Private Servers. But I got bored, and quit too.

Phamex wrote:
ol. I play Mater Margin Online, which from what I hear is a complete ripoff of RO. But it's free (for the most part) and I've already invested way too much time into it to give it up XD

Haha, that's because they look similar. When I first played WMO, I tought that way.

Then I realized I had more fun with it, jobs called Major kick ass.

And, WMO is great, I'm not sure if this is the case nowadays, but it says "FREE FOREVER!" on the main site! That kicks ass!

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sigh* what people who play on private servers don't realize is that they are killing the game! Private servers take money from the game developers(I'm refering to Gravity) no money=no new updates for RO and no new updates for private servers(Its not like private servers will be able to make any "good" patch).
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
Rune hunter wrote:

Yeah, preach on, brother. It constantly shaved 100 pesos (about 2 US dollars) off my allowance money every week. I can't believe it took me three years to realize that it's not worth wasting that much money. 5200 pesos per year??? I could buy a frickin' CELLULAR PHONE with that kind of money. Or two videocards. Hmph!

I don't think it would be worth it if they charge anything for it, Dakota. But if it's free, then by all means, play. It's pretty fun.

I play Flyff nowadays. It's free, and I'm addicted. XD

It shaved off 300-350 pesos ( I forgot how much the unlimited thing for a month is) a month. Unbelievable, I even wasted money on those scammers who buy game load for zeny. I was such a noob then :P

Last edited by blueflame on Sun May 20, 2007 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune hunter wrote:
Sigh* what people who play on private servers don't realize is that they are killing the game! Private servers take money from the game developers(I'm refering to Gravity) no money=no new updates for RO and no new updates for private servers(Its not like private servers will be able to make any "good" patch).

Private servers are much more fun in my opinion. A private server with about 200 people on most of the time was really much more fun than I ever had with the official servers. First of all, there is a much lower percentage of the asshat people that are there just to grief. Overall, people are much friendlier :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: