Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Teleporting in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
Well, that may be true, but... Kage was in the corner of a sealed room... If its not teleporting, i cannot see how he could have left the room like that...

It's like from the TNMT movies

"NINJA VANISH"
Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps the ability to teleport using true runes depends on the "theme" of the rune. I don't think the Soul Eater, True Fire, True Water or True Earth or RoP can be construed as relating to fast movement or teleporting. The True Rune users we see teleport around have runes that all have to do with that, except Yuber who is like an uber-summon, rather than a character. The Gate rune halfs and True Wind's connections are obvious, and True Lightning might have the capability but Geddoe simply didn't work on it since every time he has been using the TLR he has been involved in military operations and nothing but front gate seems to be able to teleport an army into battle.

The non-true rune casters all either had true sorcery or Pale/Blue Gate or Blinking runes. Sarah had Pale Gate and sorcery, Crowley used sorcery, Mazus used sorcery, and Viki has Blinking and the Mirrors.

Gunter from S4 seems to have some sort of teleport. He is on 3 islands at similtanious points in the story, even when they're controlled by Kooluk. All he does, seemingly, is rune a couple gambling games.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the end, it all comes down to gameplay in regards to teleportation. Teleportation only makes as much sense as it needs to. Viki can teleport, but she wouldn't teleport if you didn't need someone to teleport you around to places. Kage can teleport, but only as a ninja technique to conveniently disappear from a scene. Windy can teleport, but only so she can make a dramatic entrance and exit.

But teleporting can be learned it seems. Runes aren't the only way of using magic. People like Sarah (S3) are born with magical abilities although it is very rare. Then of course there is Sydonia...it is said that all of his people can using the "Far Moving" technique.

^Actual quote!
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whatever the case it sure makes getting around easier when you get the blinking mirror and have Viki send you to where you want to go when she doesn't goof up and send you to another place by accident which does have benifits at times like getting into that room your not suppose to be in during suikoden2,it reduces travel time big time which is cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure teleporting is a learned sorcery skill, as for ninjas its gotta be a ninjitsu technique has anyone been paying attention to ninjas in games besides Suikoden nearly every ninja can do that, Hanzo, Shadow, etc. (I'm sure Hayabusa did this too) but it seems like a ninja technique

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All i can say here is that Stallion can't really teleport, he just has the true holy rune which allows him to run at a rapid pace which almost seems like he is teleporting. Otherwise else i must admit that teleporting in Suikoden is a real time saver in getting to the town you want ASAP (especially Suikoden 4 where you have to sail to town if you can't teleport there yourself). I may also like to add that its even faster than an airship from Final Fantasy.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing that bugs me when it comes to teleporting is the teleporting style in Suikoden III. It changed my view on how teleporting works in the Suikoden world entirely.

At the start, the only way I could ever imagine the possibility of teleporting was through Viki with her blinking rune and the blinking mirror. Then along comes Suikoden III. Sarah and company then use some weird magic and then a circle comes upon the ground. Then they step on the said circle, and voila! Teleportation. The destroyers have been using this kind of teleportation for the whole game, and it's quite baffling to see this kind of teleportation over and over again. Even this monster Albert summoned could do it.

Seriously, what's up with that? It has been baffling me for ages now, and the only explanation I could come up is that they're using another kind of magic. But that's assuming there is "another kind" of magic.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Sarah was a special case, she had powers never seen before in the Suikoden world, or indeed since, or do you know of anyone else that can use runes without having them attached?

Teleportation isn't rare, though it is over long distances as i have only seen Viki (and maybe Mizuki) be able to do it, most of the time it is just an evasion technique or a cool ninja thing.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
Well Sarah was a special case, she had powers never seen before in the Suikoden world, or indeed since, or do you know of anyone else that can use runes without having them attached?

Teleportation isn't rare, though it is over long distances as i have only seen Viki (and maybe Mizuki) be able to do it, most of the time it is just an evasion technique or a cool ninja thing.

I'm not sure if that True Rune technique was hers though, I think anyone could use them if they were in those special containers, Sarah's teleportation might have had it's limits however, who knows how far she could take people? Only certain distances no one knows, Viki's powers have limitations but for the gameplays aspects of Suikoden they are unlimited.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has been speculated that Viki can travel through time with her Blinking Rune. It doesn't seem like Sarah could do so, which means the teleportation rune they use could be different.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
It has been speculated that Viki can travel through time with her Blinking Rune. It doesn't seem like Sarah could do so, which means the teleportation rune they use could be different.

Sarah doesn't seem to use a rune for her technique though.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me thinks it's a technique Leknaat taught Luc, who in turn taught it to Sarah. All three of them have been known to pop in and out of places at will, despite what runes they carry. The wind/cyclone rune doesn't give any teleportation powers either.

If not that, my guess is Super Secret Sindar Teachings That Totally Are Convient Plot Excuses . There's hints in the game Sarah isn't human, and her ability to speak and read Sindarian seemingly without instruction, along with Harmonia's want to keep her in holdings to use her powers, well....

Now the one I really want to know how they do it - is Sydonia.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Sydonia's is pretty unique. The "Art of Far Moving" I think it's called.

Anyway, we should make a list of people who have teleported in Suikoden. I'm not including ninjas, because they don't teleport, regardless of what people have said.

Leknaat
Luc
Viki
Sydonia
Mazus
Yuber
Windy
Sarah
Sialeeds
?Zerase?

I haven't played 3 or 4 so add on any others you can think of.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets not forget items that let you teleport. Namely the blinking mirror. I wonder how the blinking mirror works anyway? Is it power by magic or something?
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the one thing that really irks me is that Viki can teleport hundreds of years through time, but can't teleport to another country in whatever game you play.

For instance, she mentions in Suikoden V that she can teleport anywhere in Falena, btu not anywhere else. I know it's just an excuse Konami came up with to make things easier for them...but damn. Another instance of this is Suikoden II, where you can't teleport to Gregminister. Instead, Konami has you trek through Banner and those damn woods to the Toran border. Thanks Konami!

Another type of time travel/teleportation is the Star Dragon Sword in Suikoden I when it takes you to the Village of the Hidden Rune 300 years in the past.

It is a strange phenomenon that the destroyers can teleport. It may be an ancient Sindar secret, or an excuse from Konami...who knows? As far as Sydonia, his reminds me of some super ninja swooshy technique thing. Suikoden I was known for clichés, though.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: