Suikoden United and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Volunteers needed for Newspaper Articles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Volunteers needed for Newspaper Articles Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Comment Box staff has come up with several innovative and fresh ideas for articles to be in our next issue. However, we can't do it all on our own. We need the help of some of you out there. You involvement will be minimal, just maybe answering a few questions or telling us about how you feel about certain things. If you think you want to be part of the "Comment Box Survey Squad" then pipe up now!

I can't go into more specifics about things but once the next issue is released, you'll see what its all about.

So, what prerequisites should you have to apply? Well, firstly you should have a general knowledge of Suikoden. Maybe not all 6 games thus far, but a majority of them and a loose knowledge of the ones you have not played. I won't penalize you for not playing 1 or 2 of them. Also, it would be a good idea if you have been a member of Suikox for a month or more. That way if there's any Suikox based questions, you'll have some knowledge of who people are, whats going on in the Suikox War game and all that jazz.

If you are interested, you can post here or PM me, or both if you're really into helping out. Once approved you'll be added into the "Comment Box Survey Squad" and those authors who need a bit of extra help can contact you at any time with their needs. This is NOT a one time only help deal, this is a long term thing. We might not contact you every issue with a question or survey, depending if we get a lot of people. It is my hopes to get at least 15 or more people on the Squad so that we can have a lot of variety and opinions in the answers.

When we ask you questions, I ask that you please not blab the question or survey around spoiling the article for everyone. If I find that you are spoiling the fun, then you'll be dropped from the list. Not that I honestly think any of you would, its just a disclaimer. If you have any questions before signing up, by all means ask away. PM me or write it here for all to see. I'm cool with both.

-------------------

Also, on a different note. Are you tired of seeing international news? Do you want to know what is going on inside your own nation? Step up now and be a Local correspondant! The Comment Box is interested in Local news. This way, even if we miss a big story for your area, it can still be covered! Did you just win your nation's Beauty Pageant and you want your beautiful mug in the paper? Did that big dueling tournament finally end and you want to see the winner in the newspaper? Well, now's your chance to get your wish! The Comment Box is looking for 1 author per nation to occasionally submit a local article about whats going on inside your nation. Remember, this is for internal affairs only, not explorations or battles. So, if you want to make your nation look good by promoting your sub-forum's activities, now's your chance to get your names out there! PM me if you are interested. Leave the responses in this thread to the Survey Squad.

Thank you for your Cooperation,
Editor-In-Chief
Moon Knight

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll help out if I'm needed. I have played all 6 Suikodens (although I have yet to finish Tactics) and have been a member of Suikox for more than a month, so I meet your requirements.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You sure you've been a member for more than a month? I don't recall there ever being a Duck in Highland...

Lame jokes aside, I sent you a PM about it already! I'm pretty sure I fit the profile needed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea i wouldn't mind helping either. I also meet your requirements.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to help out with local news and survey articles. And I'm AIM pokable, should you need anything. Let me know!

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sign me up!

What do you mean i can't? Fine, everybody else sign up then, like now!
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't played all 6 games (I'm missing the classics, 1 and 2) I do have a general working knowledge of the games and had my 2 year last week so I meet the general prerequisites. I'd be more than willing to help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to help out very much with the Newspaper, let me know how I can lend my services in any way.

I have played all six Suikoden games, and have finished all six. I have gotten all of the characters in the main title games, as well as all of them in Tactics. My knowledge of speculation, however, is limited.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm...well okay I'll volunteer to be on this survey squad...don't know how much help I'll be though.
I do own all 6 Suikoden games and have beaten 5 out of 6 of them at least once. (not to mention I have Card Stories too/beaten it several times *cough*)
And I believe I've been on suikox longer then a month
:? hrm...? where's my join date again...? [/sarcasm]

so I guess I have the bare minimum down =p

Last edited by Ikano on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind helping out. I've played and beaten all US-released games except Suikoden Tactics, which I've played spareingly. I should note that my knowledge of Suikoden IV and Tactics is sparse, but I know a lot about Suikoden in general as well as the rest of the games. I also have a pretty good working knowledge of many Suikoden communities over the years.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to put my name out for both the survey squad and the local news articles. I've wanted to be part of the newspaper for a while now but I didn't have an internet connection for over a month and a half and I just got it back a few weeks ago.

I'm available to help in any other way as well, whether that be as a fill-in for one of the staff members who is unable to write up an article for the next issue, or what have you! :mrgreen:

Oh, and btw, I've played all games except Suikoden IV and I've done a quite a lot of research on anything Suikoden-related.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am available can help with the Survey Squad.

Wait, let me reiterate that: please let me join with the Survey Squad. Please.

I have completed all NA version of Suikoden games and is an active lurker of SARS forum activities.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a passing familiarity with the Suikoden series as I have all of the six games released in North America, though I have yet to finish Tactics and Suikoden V. (yeah, I take my time... and time for gaming has been fairly sparse these days) I've also been a member of Suikox for just a little over a month now, though I do have a tendency to get lost if I venture into the community forums. The only pre-requisite I have a problem with is:

Quote:
whats going on in the Suikox War game

Words cannot describe how much I dislike the war game, so I am pretty much useless in that area. If you can look past this deficit, then I am open to helping out.

Milan Fiori wrote:
I don't recall there ever being a Duck in Highland...

Lame jokes aside.

Lame Duck? Since when was Darkwing a Lame Duck? Where have I heard "Lame Duck" before, anyway?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Volunteers needed for Newspaper Articles Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:

So, what prerequisites should you have to apply? Well, firstly you should have a general knowledge of Suikoden. Maybe not all 6 games thus far, but a majority of them and a loose knowledge of the ones you have not played. I won't penalize you for not playing 1 or 2 of them.

Err would blindly running around in card stories due to knowing very little japanese be counted as playing through a game, since if so then i have played and finished I-V + tactics and card stories.

Cards are purdy. :P

Quote:
Also, it would be a good idea if you have been a member of Suikox for a month or more. That way if there's any Suikox based questions, you'll have some knowledge of who people are, whats going on in the Suikox War game and all that jazz.

A month..month...one...seven.. are we talking standard month or minimum basis? :P

Quote:
If you are interested, you can post here or PM me, or both if you're really into helping out.

What if there are those of us who just want to be wiseasses and say perhaps message you everywhere they know you from, would that provide extra brownie points for persistence or negative brownie points for annoyances? It's a fine line.

Quote:
Are you tired of seeing international news?

Nah it gives me a chance to poke fun at every other nations whims and desires. :P

Quote:
Do you want to know what is going on inside your own nation?

The INF is so cool we don't have that problem... though i am thinking on putting a bounty on Celes...

Seriously though, I'm up for helping out as long as timeliness ala a days notice isn't a prerequisite.

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in too. I would like to help you guys. :mrgreen:

I played most of the games, I didn't played the gaidens though. I beat 1,2,3,4 and Tactics and played a little bit of 5 and Card Stories.

I have been a member for 2 years or something I think. But I was kinda stupid at the beggining. xD

Hope I can help. ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: