Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Duel Engine being tweaked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That'd be fun, a rider getting a cavalry bonus for his horse, or a thief dissappearing into the shadows, accompanied with the message "X cannot find his opponent!" I'm sure that'd be a nightmare to code, though.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, and thus won't happen.
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be nice though I bet the game would be quite a lot like my RTS Fire Emblem.
Fire Emblem is a perfect example of a good strategy game.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good, I hated being "protected by earth magic" I'd rather take the hits like a man with no knowledge of any kind of magic whatsoever.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it was nice to get mopeful about these things. But i'll leave Vextor to it. Besides, he needs rest for now, since he still has to take care of his health. So take your time, Vex. I'll just keep imagining what it'll be like as always. :D

kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Basically, now that there are "paths," there's no point why a "Warrior" would be blasting people with magic just because he has higher MAG... etc...

And player input should also affect the outcome of duels to give it an extra dose of unpredictability.

I always wonderd about that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay perhaps 'DEF' will actually mean something in duels now, I can put some armor back on instead of this silly mage robe...

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Duel mode in our nation profile editor? Ohh the suspense. Bish. Kiki should have never have pointed it out to me!!

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the recode is nearing its end, and unless other stuff take time away from me and cause delays, things should be finished within a few days and phase 15 can begin shortly. Currently, the duel engine looks beautiful as is... just need to add a few more things to make it even more beautiful.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man I can't wait. This is the longest I've gone without running simulations since I joined the site.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds pretty damn beautiful. I hope it was worth the wait.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. basically, your choices on what duel mode you choose will have an impact on the results--although not to the point that really strong people can be defeated by weak people. Depending on the match, duels can last for a very long time, too... Generally the number of damage that can be done has been lessened.

I also discovered that defense was not being factored at all in the old script. The wrong variable was used to describe physical defense (oops). This has been fixed, so having high defense would definitely have an impact.

Obviously, your path would determine how you will perform during battle. A person with 300 MAG who is of the cleric path will have better magic protection than a warrior, for example.

The end result is that duels will now be far less predictable--which may make people less inclined to have duels at all. I don't know--maybe it'll warrant some sort of rule change when it comes to duels but I'll worry about that later.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds great Vextor, looking forward to it.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I look forward to getting to trying the finished product.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sweet. I can't wait to see the new duel system in action. I'm anticipating a lot of losses for me, what with me having not bothered to choose a path yet. ;)

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: