Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Little Big Planet
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Little Big Planet Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Little Big Planet is a game where you, in essence, create your world and walk around in it with your friends.

So, what makes it worth mentioning?

While the fun is mostly on playing already created worlds, which would make some people give up on the game, it seems that you'll be able to download said worlds created by other players over the internet and play on them. Add that to a kickass physics engine and multiplayer and there ya go, you have a GREAT game.

I guess it's not the same when you're reading about it, so watch the demonstration videos yourselves and make your conclusions.

Part 1:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NI5JmcQv3n4

Part 2:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jOpc9Z6pKSg
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just downloaded the high definition trailer into my PS3. So far, it’s looking like a time-killing game. Regarding the graphics, I can't believe how seamless it is. It’s crisp and clean which is exactly what I expect from the PS3. The characters do look amusing too. Personally, I think that it looks like the type of game that I’d probably get bored of it after playing through a few hours or so. But the replay factor is there if your friends decide to make a world for you to solve. I’m thinking internet play will have to be the big draw.

It'll be interesting to see how far you can customize characters in this game. So far, they don't look very detailed judging by the clothing in the gameplay footage, but you never know how much hasn't been revealed.

Finally someone is actually pushing the PS3's graphics processor to its desired potential. Ports don't do the system justice (although don't get me wrong, I still blame Sony for a lot of the recent happenings). But having a game like this released soon means that other companies will eventually get the ball rolling as well.

I'll eventually decide on getting this game depending on how many people I know will buy it. There aren't that many people with PS3s, and the online compatibility is the only reason I'd want it.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game looks really interesting. I think it will likely end up being one of those games which most people who own a console have. A staple of the PS3.

The gameplay looks great, and really innovative. This is the sort of game that people have been waiting for for the PS3, that really shows what the system can do. I think it's pretty amazing how seamlessly the game plays once you put different items in, and how well they work together. Plus the little characters should be fun to run around and beat people up with. :) I think this and Home have revived a lot of people's hope for Sony this generation.

My only hope is that Sony don't force them to release it early and incomplete just to sell PS3s a bit sooner.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it looks good, but I think people are overstepping a bit when they actually think this game will be a killer app. This is ps3's Loce Roco. No one is going to spend 600 dollars on this game, and I know I won't.

It looks nice and all, but hardly innovative.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Topic resurrection!!

The game is almost out! Are you as excited as I am?

I had originally thought that this would be better on the Wii as it has more design friendly tools, but seeing as how recent games that use the Wiimote for creation have been awful (Sim City Creator, etc) and the downloadable content problem with no hard drive, I'm glad it's on the PS3.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm very excited! I had a great time playing the beta, and I'm really pumped to see what I and others will create. Although the Sony personnel on my Friends List are bothering me, though. They're all playing it already! :P

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had heard about the game, but never even knew what it was about until a few minutes ago when I saw the demonstration links in the first post. I am very much impressed by how this game looks, and it pretty much jumped to the top of my PS3 To Buy list.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is one of the games my husband and I are hoping to get with our PS3 this holiday season. It looks like it'd be a lot of fun. Our good friend got to play the beta and had a blast with it.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard the release date for this game might be delayed because of some religious issues.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Religious issues? For seriously? Is the date something special or is there something in the game?

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something in the game was actually lifted from the Koran.

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they took some verses on the koran and used it as background music or something...but if read that its going to be delayed for a week but im not sure.
Oppenheimer

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah it was background lyrics for a happy bouncy song. I don't think they realized what the lyrics actually were (they're probably in Hebrew) when they picked the song. They just liked the tune. So they're just going to swap out that song and re release a week late.

The lyrics were apparently very graphic when translated, about death must come to all, and stuff like that.

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt there in hebrew, cause the Koran is not in hebrew.
Oppenheimer

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh that's right, I'm thinking of the Torah, from Judaism. Sorry I get my religions a bit mixed up. My apologies.

It's Arabic then. But since we're getting technical, I think it's spelled Qur'an.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: