Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V Instruction Book Art...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Suikoden V Instruction Book Art... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On pages 4 and 5 of the Suikoden V instruction booklet, the southern continent is shown in the background. Some kind of half scorpian, half human is shown in Falena, a Rooster (or maybe a Phoenix) is shown in New Armes, and a Minotaur of some sort in the land that is supposedly Nagarea.

What could this mean? Or is it just meaningless art to confuse us? There must be some kind of reason for it.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought it had to do with the last dungeon of the game, cause the three teams all fight a kind of mini-boss that ressemble those animal things.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why are they each shown in different countries though on the map?
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Why are they each shown in different countries though on the map?

Well they couldn't have grouped them all together in the middle now could they?
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decoration, I assume. None of them appear as random encounter monsters. It's not uncommon for monsters to be displayed on old maps.

^Actual quote!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Coot wrote:
Decoration, I assume. None of them appear as random encounter monsters. It's not uncommon for monsters to be displayed on old maps.
extending on this bit...I think I remember reading/someone explaining that old maps that were made back in the days when people still thought the world was a flat plane, people often drew monsters on the maps to represent rough areas of the ocean--believing that the presence of these sea monsters is what caused alot of ships to sink in certain areas....either that or the monsters represent directional monsters...like say...sea serpent of the west--if you sail too far to the west you'll run into it

stuff like that...

I don't have the map/manual in front of me right now...but I assume it's just designed to mimic these sea-faring maps of old.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or is this perhaps something the Sindar have incorperated into their ruins to symbolise each country on the continent, even before they were established? Or maybe even just the certain parts of the continent.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt the Sindar left maps behind. That seems a litte...unmysterious.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
I doubt the Sindar left maps behind. That seems a litte...unmysterious.

Well I'm going off the guardians left in the ruins at the end of Suikoden V here. It's complete speculation but those three creatures aren't given much spotlight at all...
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really see any significance to the locations of the monsters (particularly the Sun Rune incarnation). I've always assumed that they were just the 3 guardians/Sun Rune from the final dungeon, and they just put them on the map for decoration.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe they have some kind of mystical significance for the countries you mentioned.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

could be the random decorations, or maybe 'nation emblems/symbols'. could use that theory for roleplay or fanfiction or suikox-anon. fanon ahoy!
don't go spreeding rumoers now

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: