Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Color Coordinated Five
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Arcana. The dogs were horrible even if you built them up. Well, maybe not horrible, but certainly not good. Their defense was terrible. They get knocked out really easily.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Benit149 wrote:
I noticed one thing during my recruiting the five squirrels. I go to put Runes on them, and it seems that the squirrels can only use a specific element Rune, and that element alone. For instance, Mukumuku has a Fire Rune, but when I tried to put it on Makumaku, it wouldn't work. However, a Water Rune could be put on Makumaku, but not on Mukumuku.

I just got Mikumiku, so I'm going to try and see if this theory is correct. I'm assuming the element and their squirrel would go as follows:

EDIT: The part about the squirrels having one element each is true, but the element guesses for Miku and Meku were wrong. It actually goes as follows:

Fire: Mukumuku (red)
Water: Makumaku (blue)
Earth: Mokumoku (yellow)
Wind: Mikumiku (pink)
Thunder: Mekumeku (green)

Yes, and while not an "element" magic rune, Makumaku can also equip the Blue Gate Rune (w/ an E affinity). He is the only squirrel that can equip two different runes that allow magic to be cast, as well as the the only squirrel that can eventually have two open rune slots.

Benit149 wrote:
I may even go investigate with the dogs and see if this is true.

All the dogs can equip the five different elemental magic runes. But only Connie can equip the Pale Gate Rune
(w/ an A+ skill level when maxed).
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyway, referring to your first sentence of the first post, the 5 characters have always been mentioned as part of the suikoden staples. It's one of things suikoden must have sort of thing, and is fairly commonly mentioned...

Anyway, nice to see a topic on this again.

They 5 kus were my favourite simply beacuse they were annoyingly hard to recruit but annoying cute. In my first few play through, Moku almost made me want to smash my PS...

Yeah, this expresses Moku's elusiveness... I've actually brought this picture up before though...

The five dogs were somewhat bad copies... BUt still, since they're cute, i don't mind them... Although i'd appreciate it if they revealed some info about the dogs, and quit making them seem so mysterious when they're just dogs... Like the bundles and different barking and stuff... And like why on earth the dogs are in various weird positions in caves and moutains filled with dangerous monsters which they definitely can't beat stat wise.

At least the 5 kus had a reasonable enough explaination as of why they exist, why they're named like that and why they would join muku and why muku is their leader...

The five mermaids were indeed disappointing. I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that all five of them doing the EXACT same thing was annoyingly lame and silly. I mean, fine... Komani wanted to bring back a suikoden 1 feel. But heck, the blacksmiths gave you better weapon upgrading. SImilarly to many others, i really thought each new mermaid would offer more accessories or something...

Anyway, whatever 5 characters S5 is gonna have, the main thing is they better have something. The 5 characters has already becomed one of the must haves in suikodens. Something like unite attacks or something...

And as for whether they should be stars or not, i'd personally prefer a 2/3 repetition with the main one a star, and other 4 optional.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a very cute picture, Kobold. I wonder who made it?

I also agree with the fact. The best CCF's are the Ku's (as Kobold endearly calls them). The dogs were kind of bad for the party, stat wise. They are somewhat disappointing. But at least they do look cute. I can almost imagine connie using the lv1 Pale Gate Spell...

And don't get me started on those SuikoIV CCF's. I have the same sentiments as the others. It was fun recruiting them.

But still, I'd like to see more o the CCF's in future Suikoden's. It would be interesting to wait for and fun to speculate. I like the Scouts idea that someone presented earlier though... 8)

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Say what you will about Suikoden IV's little groupling and their lack of actual usefullness etc (and, by the way, it's all true, they are simply useless from a gameplay prespective. And a story-line one too.) but they're the CCF I felt closest to in any Suikoden game to date.

I just found their efforts to write to me so endearing and felt almost proud every time I'd find a letter from one of them in my suggestion box. I never got that from a bunch of poxy squirrels.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seconded.

Plus, the mermaids had something going for them though, their recruitment doesn't make you want to throw your console out of the window. I've only managed to complete all 5 squirrels once, and that was very time-consuming. (A good challenge would be to aim for Clive's quest and get all 5 before the cut-off point, har.)

Their "reason" to exist doesn't quite justify the messy recruitment process. In fact, they weren't even important enough to be allocated spaces on the Tablet.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Say what you will about Suikoden IV's little groupling and their lack of actual usefullness etc (and, by the way, it's all true, they are simply useless from a gameplay prespective. And a story-line one too.)...

Ah now don't be like that, they did get used near the end of the game in the story so their prescence wasn't absolutely ignored by the script writers.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which proved to be the biggest 'plot-hole' the developers made. My first time round I had recruited only two of them. So imagine my surprise when I see a whole bloody lot of them in that scene!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They all appeared when you only recruited two of them? That is ver y intresting. And ye, i don't REALLY think they were useless. It was actually kind of fun. But i'm just saying that they could have been used better in this game. At least they had a role to fulfill at the end. If only, they did something more during the gameplay...

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
They all appeared when you only recruited two of them?

Indeed, the first time I played through the game I didn't bother with searching for Stars of Destiny, intending to save that for my New Game +, so I only got the two that join you in the game by default.

So, when that penultimate scene unfurled I was mightily puzzled to see a whole bunch of them doing their thing.

And of course, I already agreed they were useless gameplay wise, I was just pointing out that they were the group I was most attached to despite this.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see. Thank you for telling us about that semi-glitch... I wonder if their endings are sstill the same whether complete or otherwise... But that's for another topic...

But it would be interesting to see that scene happen. The CCF's of the next few Suikoden games might actually be better... and more developed (storywise and gameplay wise) than the mermaids or the squirrels.. :roll:

Dredge

Crimson Icarus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think color co-ordination is great. Well not for like a large group of Suikoden characters because then they'd look like a cult or something. But just a couple of them being color co-ordinated with eachother. Great example of good use of color co-ordination is the hero from Suikoden IV. You have the black and red and then his swords eventually change to black and everything matches. The dude looks pretty dangerous. Just by look i think he was a really great character. Maybe if he talked alittle bit more often that would be really cool. The only character that looked sweeter was probably Riou(S2) because he just had a cool look. Maybe if they would of color co-ordinated him with some sweet colors, he would of been even better.

I ramble on eh? It's a habit I just talk and talk. But it's good cuzz it gives me more and more soldiers.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Which proved to be the biggest 'plot-hole' the developers made. My first time round I had recruited only two of them. So imagine my surprise when I see a whole bloody lot of them in that scene!

Haha, Yeah that is quite the plot hole, but still a fairly funny one to me and my odd sense of humour...perhaps Lilin figured she'd bring her friends along to help without telling you but then the point was she couldn't find them wasn't it...ohh well, some plot holes are just that and can't be rationalised I suppose!

I may have to not recruit them so I can marvel at this little balls up by Konami for myself not that I find another's failings at all funny ever.

VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I just did it a while ago. Even tough it's such a waste to not recruit ALL of them. It's funny to see plotholes come into play.

I hope the CCF's of the other Suikoden could have plot holes like this. But i doubt that would happen anytime soon.. Konami may have already known of the plothole but never really cared for it. So it could or couldn't have been by accident...

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose it would just of been another plot hole if there weren't all five there considering the amount of work that would probably be required to perform their duties to make the plan suceed.

Hope that makes enough sense while suitably skirting around what I actually want to say but can't for the spoilers it would entail. I really should learn how to change text colour.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: