Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Introducing "Path" and "Race."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Members should also remember that these decisions are their choice and not their nation's, although theres nothing wrong in asking for advice or maybe even asking for a decision for them, it is a member's choice primarily.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, I've reinforced that belief with every person I've had to tell about this. Surprisingly, though, we've managed to stay incredibly diverse in Scarlet Moon without telling anyone what race to pick. I'm so calling affirmative action on some of you racist nations.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uji, you should probably retract that statement. It's up to how the Nation wants to handle it. A nation could decided that before any changes are made, the member must consult the NL or Strategist.

Ultimately yes it comes down to the member changing it, but if a Nation makes a rule saying they must consult first, it could result in that member being expelled from said nation. It's a bit unlikely, but it is a possibility.

And you don't some member using you as an excuse. "But some Moderate on the General Forum's said it was entirely up to me!" that would just cause more problems.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why exactly is it a nation's decision? Theres nothing wrong with asking members to consult other members in the nation, but you can't force decisions on them either. Since it is a decision that is permanent and not temporary, it has to be up to the member. Again I don't think theres anything wrong with making members consult others on the decision, but by no means can you force that (the decisions themselves anyway).

My main concern is that members will get races and paths they don't want, and on the possible scenario of them leaving that nation, will be stuck with those choices.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because that's how Nation Rules work. If a Nation wanted to. They could make that rule. Just like they could make the Rule that you can't use the word Shoe inside the Nation. And if the member doesn't like that, they have the choice of leaving the nation.

I doubt it'll be a problem. But it's still a possible situation.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really is technically the nation's decision whether or not to allow that, but that nation would have to be pretty harsh to do something like that. A nation has the power to make whatever rules it wants for the members, including forcing them to end every post with a cute little phrase of some sort. No nations have been sadistic to do stuff like that though, but it is there, so if a nation wanted to make it a rule that you must consult the nation leader before choosing a new class or race, then the member would have to comply.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It just seems impossible to enforce, as any member can do it so easily, and discreetly as well.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, that's why its doubtful that any nation will try to do that.

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's as simple as this: The nation wants you to take a certain path and race that will benefit the army of that nation the most. If you don't comply and choose your own path and race which the nation deems to be unfit for you, the likelihood of you being chosen for battle will decrease because your unit didn't comply with the nation's strategy.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just went ahead and chose what would benefit me most given my best stats. That is basically the same thing as all that.

Though I wouldn't think that anyone would go out of their way to cripple themself. I don't see this having all that much of an impact on things in regards to the sans Nation System part of the boards.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanted to choose the "winner" path, but it wasn't available, so I took the next best thing.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn, I took the duck and jumped up to 71 leadership. I was afraid to look at it again now it was corrected. This is again an interesting addition, but I think it will serve again the old people much more than the new people, especially since they can't use one of the options until they have a karma of 100...

The Fool
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be fair, it won't really effect the new members as much as old members anyway. On the whole their stats are much smaller than the older people and so the race and path routes will only be a cosmetic effect.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That actually makes me glad that I'm not too high leveled. I try not to stat worship, but I won't lie. I wouldn't enjoy seeing a massive hit to some stats like I'm sure some of the Higher level people are getting. Then again, who knows when I'll figure out just what to be?

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... then old people will have to.... grow up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: