Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Introducing "Path" and "Race."
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Introducing "Path" and "Race." Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, so here's the big change.

From now on, each member will have a say in how their victory counts affect this stat. This is called "Path."

You can now see in other people's profiles that I added "Path" and "Race," and most people are "Pathless" and "Human." Those are default.

Pathless people gain no bonus from victory counts, but those who even have one victory count will be able to choose their "path," which would more or less be set for life.

So what are these paths? There are 8 paths: Warrior, Rider, Sorcerer, Knight, Archer, Cleric, Thief, and Martial Artist. Each of these paths will have one primary stat and two secondary stats thet become influenced by victory counts.

As some of you know, the previous setup of victory counts disproportionately favored the STR stat, meaning everybody was pretty much of the "Warrior" path. You'll be able to change this to your liking now, giving you ability to customize your stats. You can choose your path only once. There probably will be ways to change paths in the future, but I won't make it easy-- for now think of it as a one-time only choice that you should put a lot of thought into.

Second, "Races."

There will be 8 races beside humans: Elf, Kobold, Nay-Kobold, Dwarf, Beavers, Winghorde, Lizard, Duck, and Merfolk. Once a member reaches 100 Karma, they'll be able to "reincarnate" into another race if they wish. Different races will have different stat growth curves. For example, elves are likely more magically inclined than lizards, so if you envision yourself as specializing as a magician, you may want to be an elf-- or you may want to compensate for your weak STR by becoming a Lizard or a Dwarf.

Similar to "Path," this will also be a one time only choice-- although I probably will create ways people can "reincarnate" again in the future. However, that sort of thing probably won't be easy, because when you can customize stats easily, they lose their value.

You can read more details about this at the "Jefferson's Training Grounds" and "Crowley's Grotto" link in the Nation Syetems link above.

Be very careful though, because once you "Submit" your new path or race, it's set. You can't change it. So take your time before you make your choice.

And if you see any errors, let me know ASAP.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Error number 1! I clicked Cleric and it gave me Archer. Or so it says Archer...

I still gained boosts to Magic Defense, Skill and Speed. My MDF leapt amost 200. Same with Skill and speed bumped 150.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!

Last edited by RedCydranth on Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a bad one. Nobody touch anything!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, all clear. Go right Ahead. i'll change you to cleric path manually, Moon Knight.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah! This totally wins.

Time to go play around with this.

Question: If someone chooses, say, Merfolk. Does that mean race-specific units (like Elven Warparty, Dwarven Berserkers, etc...) become off-limits for keeps?

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder which race you'll choose Masa? ^^

This is an awesome addition Vex, but I'm scared to choose something in case I gimp myself :|

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've done mine already and it came out ok,nice addition Vextor.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will we be able to tinker with the race and path of our NPCs?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:
Oh yeah! This totally wins.

Time to go play around with this.

Question: If someone chooses, say, Merfolk. Does that mean race-specific units (like Elven Warparty, Dwarven Berserkers, etc...) become off-limits for keeps?

of course not. A human can lead an elf unit, a duck can lead dwarves, etc. You're not the regiment.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
Will we be able to tinker with the race and path of our NPCs?

Nope, NPC paths and races will be set by admins as we go through the NPC lists to redo the whole damn thing (which will be very time consuimng!)
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to write down my opinion, and hey! no kissing ass at all! :*laugh*:, i must say I find these interesting options! :D

Suggestion for the future: You should have added a zombie race, or undead at least! :( :*laugh*:
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, undead isn't really a "race." So no.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Well, undead isn't really a "race." So no.

ok, be proud big man! :*laugh*: now you have made a tough tiger man zombie fan cry as a baby :*laugh*:
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because the choice you make is permanent, I'd imagine that unless an as-yet-unseen race appears in a future Suikoden game that the only selections we'll have are the ones that are available now.

Still though its an awesome addition, and it gives some of the people who aren't at crazy levels because of their join date a chance to catch up, which I'm always all for.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

Oh yes, and just to clarify, "Race" has nothing to do with victory counts. They simply change your stat growth curve, and that's it. This means they'll have greater effects on your stats the more levels you gain. All race's stats balance out with the "human" as the standard. Thus, no single race is better than the other, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: