Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Introducing "Path" and "Race."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nimble Jack wrote:
For example, since the old victory count script has been aleviated my speed has gone up around 20 points, meaning the old script held my speed down. Will any of the training options have this affect on other stats?

And also, will there be a time limit on when we can decide what race to be? I'm afraid to commit, and I was wondering how long I have to decide.

No and no. never said there'd ever be a time limit.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the thing is you can be a vampiric elf, human, dwarf, whatever. Much the same as with Vextor's reply to the person asking about the undead earlier, they aren't so much a racial type as they are a subgroup of any given race and as such they don't warrant their own selection as a choice. A vampiric elf would have the racial traits of being quicker and more magically inclined because they were an elf, not because they had been changed into a vampire. They are a vampire as a result of consequence not from their birth.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guess for that would be that we haven't seen many of those in Suikoden yet. But then, we haven't seen an island named Makankuy which holds a terrible weapon in Suikoden either. I'd be willing to bet that there will be more races to choose from in the future. Still, I'm content with my choice.

Winger is kinda the evilest race out there so far, really. But we do "know" that Yuber and Pezzy aren't human either.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly. People are confusing stuff like, "conditions" or "mortal status" with race. confusing stuff like that results in tons of script problems later on. Otherwise, I'd have to make data for each variant, such as "Kobold Vampire," "Kobold Reaverwraithdeathlord" "Kobold Darksopowerfuluberyaaaah" etc, ad infinitum et absurdum.

Also, we already have a "vampire" status for members who have the "Blue Rune Shard," so that's a done deal.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it's not a big deal at all. There's a little something for everyone I think.

I was more expressing my discontent that I couldn't see something more RP oriented in my profile not that I disagree with (or don't understand) the reasoning for it not being a possible selection. I think Alucard was the same way?

I'm content being human and I love the ideas lately.

^_^

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can just add to your decription that "I am a vampire!"

Either that or should I add stuff like "+ 1 to STR if you're s stepchild" or "if hair color = silver, SKL = SKL + 5"

The possibility is endless, and time is limited.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's what my occupation has been. Sucking blood is a job, not a description.

Sounds like you've read my silver hair speculation. ^_^

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Introducing "Path" and "Race." Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Pathless people gain no bonus from victory counts, but those who even have one victory count will be able to choose their "path," which would more or less be set for life.

Will we be able to select our home-made NPCs' (via blue moon runes) paths or are they classified along with the rest of the NPCs?

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
Oh wow, nobody pick beaver! :O I swear to god I choose them and all of my stats dropped. Vextor!! *cries*

My stats went up, despite two of them that I really don't care about. Try reading the descriptions next time? D:

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the best thing next to a job system i've ever seen. It's a great addition, Vextor. Now i'm gonna have to choose what's be st for me, but for now, I\m going to delegate this issue to my superiors. Too bad, i'm not more magically inclined as a regiment, It would have been nice. :wink:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure all these new variables will really make this game much more enjoyable. :D

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure all these new variables will really make this game much more enjoyable. :D

At the price of some short term headaches I'm sure. :P

So just so I'm clear on the Path deal.

Paths are only involved with VC direction so that those with a single VC and above will gain 3 bonuses per VC depending on the path they took as opposed to just gaining Strength with every VC? Will the 'level' bonus that VC's give be altered as well with the change or will it still be cumulative since level and exp are stats and are subsequently influenced by VC's?

My apologies if this has already been inquired, I'm relatively tired so I might have overlooked it if thats the case.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jefferson wrote:
Selecting a path means your victory counts will affect the stats listed above (Primary is most heavily affected, while the other two will be equally affected to a lesser degree). This means if you have zero victory counts, choosing a path will not affect your stat at all.

That means, VCs will affect the Primary stat and the two Secondary Stats.

That's all I would say. People don't need to know too much about how stats work.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will it be possible to have a section saying what stats are affected with the races. The descriptions pretty much say what stats are affected, but it would be nice to know for certain. Things like 'physically weaker than humans' cause me to wonder if it is just strength or strength and defense and for a permanent change I don't like leaving that ambiguity.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, is it possible to have the same information like on the paths? I mean, the one with the whole primary and secondary stats info?

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there is always some ambiguity, and we all have to make choices based on the information that is available to us. Certainty is nice, but more often than not it also destroys creativity and atmosphere. In the end, it means very little, as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: