Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Being a "leader" within suikox, and what NOT to do

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Being a "leader" within suikox, and what NOT to do Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lately, I've been seeing signs that my nation leaders and other important delegates suffering under undue stress because some self-important folks think they "deserve to be" moderators, strategists, council members, resident shit cleaner of the house... etc. This sort of stuff needless to say pisses me off because it adds added headaches to the already tough job of nation leaders, which will in the end come to me because these leaders provide me with much happiness as long as they are happy. When they are unhappy, I also become unhappy. I didn't make this site to satisfy petty egos of sad individuals who think having some "position" in an internet forum has any real meaning beyond the satisfaction it should bring purely based on the feeling of goodwill perpetuated through positive, friendly interaction in a made-believe world.

Each nation leader is given authority to decide who should and should not be given additional authority (with some limits by my discretion on a limited basis). These decisions can be questioned of course, if don't in the proper way (that is, being mature about it). However, if you go about these things in a wise-ass manner, you'll be seeing me. Usually, these appointments with me are fairly quick and results are typically permanent. A member who only serves to cause trouble for nation leaders is undesirable for the greater suikox community.

Never be "testy" with your nation leader or his/her delegate. If you don't like what your leaders are doing, talk with them honestly, instead of making stupid round-about comments, veiling criticism under lame jokes, making off-cue remarks to make them "look like a fool," or act like a pre-schooler by trying to humiliate them in public over minor stupid mistakes. If you're the kind who does any of the above, you'd never be able to gain any amount of trust from me (and hence, positions that require trust and responsibility), and that's likely similar with any other nation leaders (and vice-leaders) helping me run this site.

Previous experience, such as "I used to run blah blah forum," "I used to be an eagle scout," "I protected a small village from guerrillas using a rubber hose, jar of peanut-butter, and duct tape" is all fine and dandy, but it has NO MEANING here at suikox. The bottom line at suikox is "trust." I don't give a damn if you can shit gold and vomit emeralds onto my lap-- if I can't trust you, you have no value to me.

The same would be true for nation leaders. If they can't trust you, they probably won't ever consider you for decision-making roles. Trying to "lobby" these things through promoting yourself and bad-mouthing them to other members behind their back will only serve to dig you a bigger grave, because face it-- this is an internet site owned by me. It's not a democratic government where you can get positions through popular vote or anything, so throw away your "political" pipe-dreams please. It's meaningless, utterly daft, and morally disgusting. Otherwise, please seek professional attention because as it says in our site rules, suikox can not help correct socially maladaptive behavior.

Another thing these people seem to forget is that "positions" tend to be determined by need. A small nation doesn't need a council of 32 members to make decisions. Each nation doesn't require 2 strategists, and just because there's an open slot doesn't mean it "must be filled," nor does it mean, "the leader is being selfish by calling all the shots." A nation leader doesn't even need to appoint a moderator let-alone a vice-leader. They are not obligated to provide you with anything whatsoever as long as their nation is functioning according to requirements I have set for each nation. Therefore, if a leader tells you there is currently "no need" to fill a position, please do the entire community a favor and drop the issue until the leader says, "well, there's a need now, and I want you for the job." Constant whining is actually very annoying and destructive for the community.

Seriously, what purpose does it serve to give somebody a "position" if there is no need? It's like saying "we need to appoint a minister for petroleum" on an island nation that has no oil whatsoever. These things are derived by need-- please get that through your head.

What I said above is quite strong in language, but this is merely precautionary. There are no single case that I know of which has become so bad that I need to take personal attention. However, I hope this sends out a message so those who have the wrong idea (due to being unaware that this is just a... internet forum) may adapt their ways before I have to take time out of my busy schedule to do some heavy-duty cleaning.

I love all members here, as long as none of them harbor malice towards this community or its members. When they do show these tendencies, however, I will have no hesitation to remove such members from this site regardless of how many years they've been here, how many million wordcounts / post counts / momma's points they've got -- because those things in the end are meaningless. The only thing that is important here is "trust." All the numbers and stats and everything else are just fluff. Don't get distracted by the fluff because likely it's just residual pulp from the toilet-paper you just wiped your own ass with (and obsessive stat-worshipping is another concern for this community which is an entirely different matter I will get to some time soon in the future).
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, this thread shouldn't be used for any further discussion (that is, don't post here -- but I won't close it just in case NLs or mods have something to add). I already had to delete one inappropriate reply. If you think you have a problem, talk with your nation leader via PM. They are all reasonable people, after all.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems like some people never read my original comment, as I am starting to see the same inane shit going around. Let me quote the following:

Quote:

The same would be true for nation leaders. If they can't trust you, they probably won't ever consider you for decision-making roles. Trying to "lobby" these things through promoting yourself and bad-mouthing them to other members behind their back will only serve to dig you a bigger grave, because face it-- this is an internet site owned by me. It's not a democratic government where you can get positions through popular vote or anything, so throw away your "political" pipe-dreams please. It's meaningless, utterly daft, and morally disgusting. Otherwise, please seek professional attention because as it says in our site rules, suikox can not help correct socially maladaptive behavior.

I'll start taking action myself unless people decide to grow up very fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: