Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have water bending. Not because I'd be able to heal though. It's cute and all, but not all water bending can do. From what I've seen, water is a great way to be defensive and offensive(just like earth bending). But with water, you can slap people around with water, or smash them with ice. Or make a barricade of ice around you and defend yourself, and that's why I prefer it to earth bending - earth is always hard and stiff and water can be hard and soft(.. ha ha). So yeah, it's as if you can do a little more with water bending.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd probably go with earth bending, since there are so many cool things that can be done with it, and in practically any setting. It would be fun to slide around on movable earth, for example. If not earth bending, then air, then water, then fire. That would be my order.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I totally heart this show even though I haven't seen it in the longest time :cry: I was so surprised by the quality when I first saw it I thought it was a fluke. It's the best thing I've seen on Nick since Gummy Bears and Gargoyles XD

There's no hope of ever catching up with the series agian though. I'll just have to buy the sets on DVD :roll: My favorite charcter is definitley Aang, and air bending my favorite style :wink:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phamex you rube. (<3) :P Gummy Bears and Gargoyles are both Disney Properties!

Anyway. Yeah, Avatar is quite bitchin' and most likely the best thing Nick has put out in around a decade in my opinion. Quality animation, story, voice acting...It's all good for Avatar. It is, in my opinion, the only American animation that's watchable now. Not to say Anime is any better, but that'd be for another thread.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:? I can't keep anything straight...oh well. In that case Avatar's the best thing I've seen on Nick since Stick Stickly XD Man I loved him, he was SO corny! :mrgreen:

Also, 2 cool points to Scott for calling me a rube :mrgreen:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only problem with avatar is that it is way to cutesy, I hate cartoons on nickelodean its always lets be friends, and friendship fixes everything... And we all know that its not true... at least everyone past 14.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really see the problem with it being too "Cutesy." A great deal of animation these days takes it's self far far too seriously. It's a nice change to have a show I like that isn't that way. Too many anime these days try so hard to be dark, moody and serious...it got old pretty quick for me. :P But that's just my opinion.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Book 3 finally started a little while ago, after one hell of a break. It seems to be the same old Avatar, which is a good thing. Sokka was pretty damn funny in the latest episode but I'm hoping that Zuko gets off his ass and does something soon. It's a bit weird seeing Aang with hair though, but I don't mind it. Any ideas who his firebending teacher will be?
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't particularly like Aang's new hair. It looks so out of place. Black just doesn't seem to suit his head. I agree that Sokka has been pretty funny, but I've always found him funny. I really like the guy. I really hope that Aang's firebending teacher will end up being none other than Iroh, though I could see Zuko or that one guy from Book 1 (I forget his name) returning to teach Aang. I guess someone new could end up coming along though.

Iroh is my absolute favorite character from anything ... ever. I really like his new look, actually. I just hope he gets out of that cell and gets some more screen time.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guess would be Iroh for Aang's firebending teacher. I haven't watched the show in a long time, though.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New episodes=love. No kidding, I am so stoked!
I agree that Aang's hair looks odd, but that's just 'cause it makes his ears look not so sticky-outy.
When I tell people that I love this show they're usually surprised—
"Aren't you, like, too OLD for that sort?"
and then they find out my mom's addicted too and they have to sit down and watch it for themselves. Then they usually end up hooked too. XD

My vote is also "yes" for Iroh as Aang's Firebending teacher. Iroh is so my favorite character! :3

And I would have to be a Firebender. I have the temper, the looks and the temperature--I'm perfect for it! XD

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Iroh or Zuko seem the most likely choices. Iroh because he's probably the nicest firebender in the show or Zuko because he is a similar age to them.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno how they're going to handle the whole Zuko thing. I can't see him making a complete turnaround in time to be Aang's teacher, never mind the fact that Katara will probably try to eat his liver if he ever shows his face to them again—whether in abject apology (ha) or no.

At this point I am being re-convinced that Zuko's going to have to die in the end, though.
I mean, it IS a show aimed at kids so that probability is less than it might be, but I have a feeling that Zuko's redemption is going to be fairly final.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Zangetsu

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never watched it, though it sounds like it'd be cool, well at least from the reviews you all are giving it.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really is worth a go. I didn't believe it until my friend practically shoved the first couple of episodes down my throat in the spring, and then I was hooked. I went out and bought the first season box set within that week. O_o

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: