Suikoden Unique and Informational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Avatar: the Last Air Bender Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone else here watch Avatar? It's an American cartoon done in a Japanese style [I refuse to say in the anime style, because there's no such thing; anime is just the abbreviation of how the Japanese pronounce animation, so it's like saying something's done in the animation style], that airs on Nickelodean on Friday nights. They just finished airing the first four episodes a few minutes ago [they ran 13 March 04:00pm ~ 06:00pm]. I'm kinda curious though, if anyone knows how far along the series is, and if there're any good websites about it. The Nickelodean website, like the majority of their broadcasting, is a joke; it offered no useful information. Any help someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

And on a side note, does anyone else think the writer was playing a little too much Exalted? :)
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude, I don't know anything about the series, except that it's hilarious and much better done than any Japanese thing I've ever seen.
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea, I've seen the series. I like to have u-pick live on in the background as I work on my cartoons in the evening, it's very nice actually.

I have seen a few episodes and did think it was like an anime/cartoon/game mix. It had some interesting ideas, like when the kids were in the one town and the boy goes into training with a clan of women, then helped fight with them when some evil guy set the town on fire. But it can also have a few corney jokes in it.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The cheese factor's one of the things that makes it so fun.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh definitely! The humor is the best part! I mean, the plot is rather typical and would be boring without the clever dialogue and writing, but most of all it's the downright silliness and hilarity that makes it a great show.

"Oh I know what his name is! They're earth-benders right?
Rocky!
Y'know...because of all the rocks."

ROFL. Face-paint boy is the best, though I never quite catch his name. Hard to hear the dialogue when you're laughing riotously.

Let's just hope Nick doesn't kill this show like it did Invader Zim. *huggles her beloved Zim*
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If your talkin about the fire-bender it's not face paint it's a scar. But usually I don't watch stuff on Nick but my little brother wanted me to watch the first episode with him and it's not half bad. And it's nice to watch something alittle childish every now and then.

The best part was the penguin-boarding, that was just hilarious.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I'm not talking about the scarred dude. I'm talking about the guy who hangs around Kitara and Aang group who wore nifty face-paint when he prepared to fight in episode 2. Y'know, the guy who was dressed as a girl for a lot of episode 4. ^_____^ He's a riot!

The scarred dude is only entertaining when he's being picked on/beat up/bashed/what not. Bascially, only when he's the butt of the joke. By himself, he's not so interesting. Not like Face-Paint boy, who rocks.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're thinking of Sokka. And the girl's name is actually Katara :)
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whatever. :) I was going off pronunciation.

And Sokka rocks.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this the show with the bald guy with the blue arrow on his head? I only saw part of an episode, but it seemed humorous.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would indeed be correct.
Kekoa Alejandro

Reina Mia's Might

189444 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeha, yeah, the humor's great. But Good God, what about the *animation*? That's some of the best stuff I've ever seen on the small screen. It's just beautiful, the movement is gloriously done. Just a beautiful show to look at. It makes me all sorts of giddy.

Solid characters too; Sokka's one of the most interesting ones, I must agree. Not at all the proper stereotype one might expect.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's quite possibly the first time I've seen an American artist adapt the Japanese style of animation and make it work for an American cartoon. Actually no it -is- the first time I've seen it, it's quite possibly the first time it's been done, period. That alone is an impressive feat.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PalominoMule wrote:
Yeha, yeah, the humor's great. But Good God, what about the *animation*? That's some of the best stuff I've ever seen on the small screen. It's just beautiful, the movement is gloriously done. Just a beautiful show to look at. It makes me all sorts of giddy.

Definitely, compared to anything from Japan. American-made cartoons have a much higher fps rate than Japanese stuff (like, 25000 as opposed to 5000). Invader Zim had pretty sweet animation too, as does the Jackie Chan Adventures.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jackie Chan adventures was pretty good. What about Totally Spies? That is a good attempt at Japanese animation. Joking!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: