Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SARS Fantasy Football League (NFL) 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had first pick last year, Larry Johnson sure did me swell...

If we do return yards, I say fifty yards per point.

And maybe Yahoo will not mess up in scoring this season like it has the last two seasons for us.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if I'm able to join in, I'd sure like to. Fantasy football is about the only fantasy sport I can participate in due to my job, so if there's a second league, or an opening, count me in.

~Uguu!~
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
I had first pick last year, Larry Johnson sure did me swell...

You should have seen me in the year I drafted Ricky Williams. The draft was the night before he announced he was spontaneously retiring. Boy was I pissed.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amyral wrote:

You should have seen me in the year I drafted Ricky Williams. The draft was the night before he announced he was spontaneously retiring. Boy was I pissed.

Oh, I remember that. Then there's Sailor's weird curse on player's he drafts in the first round suddenly having one of their off-years.

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Plus in the league here two years ago I had McNabb, and in another league last season I had Shawn Alexander. Never again will I draft whomever is on the cover of the Madden game that season.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It should be relatively easy to run 2 leagues and have a championship game betweent the winners if we start the playoffs one week early. So far we have 15 people that want to play. We could set 2 draft times and then have people pick what one they want to join. Thoughts on all of this?

We will need a second league comissioner though and a few more people to join. (Either 1 more person or 5 more people) If you guys know anyone on the site that might be interested, tell em to sign up or PM me.

Locke, you picked 3rd last year, not first. Or were you referring to another league? (I took Tomlinson first and Servo took Alexander second)

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll join a league, then, if there's going to be a second.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I put you on the list Amyral.

That gives us 16 people now so that's enough for 2 leagues. 4 more and we can run 2 - 10 person leagues which would be better. If we're going to have a championship between the two leagues, then we'll need both leagues to have the same number of members and the same rules.

Also, I'm gonna need a second comissioner for the sister league. I'd rather have it be someone from previous years that knows how we run things and someone that can be relied upon to log onto the league EVERY DAY to keep everyone in check.

If anyone is interested, feel free to reply or PM me.

As far as scoring rules goes, does anyone have a problem with any of the following:

Positions

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
K
DEF
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH

** For you new guys, yeah that's 17 roster spots. That places more emphasis on the draft and is the way we've ran it since the league was started.

Scoring

Passing: 50 yards = 1 point, TD = 6 points
Rushing: 20 yards = 1 point, TD = 6 points
Receiving: 20 yards = 1 point, TD = 6 points
Kicking: FG<30 yards = 3 points, 40-49 = 4 points, FG>50 = 5 points, XP = 1 point
DEF: Points allowed 0-2 gets full 10 point bonus... all other defensive points follow yahoo standard scoring. Turnovers Forced, Safeties, Blocked Kicks = 2 points

***Reason for 0-2 getting same point bonus for defense is because a defense shouldn't lose a shutout for the offense throwing a pick 6. Fantasy Rules specify that the XP after that TD counts as a point allowed. XP % in the NFL is what... 99.98%? It's a new rule. ***

- As always, any person of the league is able to call scoring into question. It's been done 3 times in the past 2 years because Yahoo not only scores things their own way (contrary to what NFL.com keeps as stats) and responds with text book idiotic answers to any emails.

- Since we've got 16 teams now, there really isn't any need to put 12 in one league so that vote can be pretty much closed.

- As of right now, SamuraiX picks his spot is winning the votes. For those of you new to the league, we've had the tradition since the first year that whoever wins the league gets to pick where he drafts the next year. That's the prize of winning. 2nd place gets to pick where he/she picks 2nd and on down the line to the last person.

How exactly we're going to accomodate this with 2 leagues now (since likely the players from previous years will be split up) I'm not sure. We could keep the same rules and split 1st, 4th, 5th, and 8th to one league and give them rights to pick and then split 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th, and 10th to the other league giving them rights over newcomers too.

The remaining people would be drawn from a hat or some other random solution.

How does everyone feel about that?

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its a lot of points for passing TDs. Not how I've seen many other leagues scored, but if that's the way everyone wants it, than I don't really care. It just makes QBs more valuable, is all.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds good to me.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:

Its a lot of points for passing TDs.

QBs aren't really valuable in a draft unless you're aiming for a top tier guy, which isn't necessary to win... trust me.

Really, if you think about it, the difference between the best QBs and the worst QBs isn't the same as the RBs and WRs. Having a QB that throws consistent TDs is awesome, but rarely does anyone's QB not get 10 points which basically cancels everyone out.

I could see dropping that down to 5, but not much less. After all, QBs get a lot more negative 2s than any other position and dropping the TD scores too much when the point yardage is only 40% wouldn't be wise.

It's a solid point though.

Let's just get the ideas down and then put them up for vote individually.

Anyone else?

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't make me talk about the week I had Grossman and he got me -8 points.

And it was all Jared's fault. >.> *chuckle*

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really have a problem with it. The best QB's (and WR's) will still get trumped in points by the best RB's over the course of the season. This closes the gap a little, but it's really not enough to make QB's the hottest commodity in my opinion.

Are turnovers going to effect the offensive positions at all? You didn't include information about what turnovers do to an RB or QB's points, so I wanting some clarification.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That seems like fairly standard scoring for QBs, so I have no problem with it. Are people used to a TD being worth less than 6 points or something? Anyways, like Rocky has asked, I just would like to know about how turnovers such as fumbles and INTs affect the offensive positions. Other than that, it's just a matter of getting used to drafting a team defense again. I've been used to IDPs lately.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, have you guys ever used IDPs in your past leagues before?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: