Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL Season 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he's a very good receiver, but I've never read anywhere that he was Number 1 receiver material. I know that a lot of whats being written about Welker is the road he took to get to where he is now. The media likes to prop Welker up because he's the anti-Moss, anti-Ocho Cinco, anti-TO. He's not a receiver diva and for a slot receiver he's more than just good.

Even before coming to the Patriots Welker was the kind of player who just drove opposing coaches nuts due to his ability to get open, catch balls cleanly and get yards after the catch in-between linebackers and safeties. Remember, Welker was good enough that the Patriots decided the best way to stop the guy was to trade for him their second-round draft pick. This is also a player who was undrafted, cut by a Chargers team who really could use his services right about now, and was refused a scholarship by 104 Div-1A teams.

While he's not the next receiver messiah he is the kind of receiver who would usually get no press and write-ups from writers but who drive opposing defensive coordinators nuts. He's the guy that gets the tough catches on slant routes and even tougher yards after. Yes, Moss and Stallworth helps give him much clearer lanes in the middle, but he was already doing the same thing in Miami when they couldn't pass to save their life last season.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welkder did 687 yds with 67 receptions and 1 TD with the dolphins. That wasn't the run-away-best on the team in terms of overall production. Compare:

Chambers got 59 rec, 677 yds and 4 TD
McMichael got 62 rec, 640 yds and 3 TD

Everyone was catching on that 'phins team last year because Bonnnie laid an egg. I honestly don't think he's good at all. I also don't think he drove anyone nuts; the phins scored in the bottom 3 for scoring offence in the AFC. He used to get no press and no write ups because he was just another receiver. Now, he's in a system and taking advantage of it so the media are jock-riding this guy all the way to the weekend.

NFL Media Hype machine in full effect. I hate hype.... I hate undue hype more and it will be my mission, at Suikox, until Sunday that Welker be known as a product of the system! Yarrr!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're just jealous.

Eh, never really liked hype myself though. One this I always used to like about the Patriots as they never believe their wins came from superstar players, but rather an overall team effort. I hope that doesn't change, even after all this. But oh well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he's a good WR. He catches the football.

But is he a great receiver? No. As others have said, he runs underneath routes that aren't ever covered against the Patriots because of the deep threat. I'm sure he drives coaches nuts this year. They'd love to cover him, except they'd get slammed by Moss for 30.

The Patriots were very wise to trade for him though, because he's a perfect addition to their offense.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My new rant!! :D

What the hell is Ryan Seacrest doing at the Superbowl?!?! Wait, before we get to that... why the hell is there a red carpet at the superbowl!?!? What happened to the largest corporate schmooze known as the Superbowl where we knew it'd be about Football, player stories, and ads. Now it's become a... well... I don't know.

I don't like this change.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could the problem be solved by punching Ryan Seacrest in the face? That's always been a dream of mine.

Seriously though...I don't like it either. The Superbowl seems to have a different character this year. I thought it was good the way it was, damnit!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL!

Great perfect season, Pats!

Sorry. It was a great game and I don't mean to offend. However, I can't wait for the reaction on ESPN. Everyone was going for the Patriots and it didn't happen.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder how much bet money was LOST today. Could be a record amount. =P

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, fuck everyone. Yup. Anyways, I'm ready now. Bring it on :)

~Uguu!~
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. I wonder how many people are gonna call out from work tomorrow because of this?
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not going to work tomorrow, that's for sure! Anywho, if I had to go to work tomorrow, I would, but thankfully, I can pass for another couple days. Goddamn, I hate everyone right now. Fuck! I think I'm harder on myself than anyone else is. Come on, give me shit! It would make me feel mildly better. No, it wouldn't.

~Uguu!~
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you insist. Oh and I hope the Patriots enjoy being the only 18-1 team to not win the big game.

http://i28.tinypic.com/15p0hw0.gif

http://i27.tinypic.com/14kjqir.gif
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LX

~Uguu!~
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Watching the ESPN announcers on SportsCenter eat crow is priceless. They have to be the second sorriest looking group of people on the planet after the Patriots themselves. Okay, maybe third, behind Belicheck himself.

Also, the Internet is hilarious.

http://i31.tinypic.com/a1mz9c.gif

Okay. I'm done.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love my Pats but they sucked today, the Giants deserved to win the game. I am still the same old die hard fan sitting there in my Wes Welker Jersey (who was one of the few Pats that were good) but I just know I'm going to hear crap along these lines soon:

1. The Patriots chocked

The OL sucked for the most part of the game and the DBs were not good at the end but that's not chocking away a game. Nevermind the fact NE had the lead, NY was great rushing Brady the entire game, and the Gaints won because they made plays at key moments of the game.

2. They are no where near the best team ever

If there were a bit more attention paid to how Manning fumbled at least once on that last drive, or if Tyree was squeezing that ball at a different angle on his helmet and it popped out... they would be 19-0. I know those things are a part of the game, and the Giants made the plays when they had to so they earned what they got, but to now say the Pats are worthless when they were the best team ever because of those lucky plays is just crap. Yeah they don't deserve to be mentioned on the best teams list after not winning it all, especially looking back at this season years from now, but based on what happened tonight it is more about NE playing a bad game and NY getting some good breaks than anything else.

3.This was the greatest upset because no one gave the Giants a chance

I think the NY players earned this win but if they start to go around and keep saying that BS then I hope they'll never get to the super bowl again. First of all, the greatest & most significant NFL upset in recent history is when the two TD underdog Pats beat the Rams in SB36. Secondly, the only reason more people were picking NE was because they were unbeaten, if they even had only one loss many would have gone with the Giants instead. Yes it was an upset but other than the fact it happened on a bigger stage, it's not much greater than when the Giants beat the Cowboys & Packers weeks ago, just look at the lines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: