Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stephen King's The Mist
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think I'll be spoiling anything by saying that the creature effects were well done for a movie that had a very low-budget. Anyone else who seen the movie notice how the spider-creatures' heads looked like skull faces.

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did, or at least I did notice that their heads looked a bit kinda human-ish in shape. Also, did the mosquito-like creatures look like a mix between a mosquito and a scorpion? I think I saw one hold up their singer over their body at one point.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I went and saw this movie tonite, here's what I had to say about it in Highland:

Highland's greatest general wrote:
Anyways, I was bored, so I decided I'd head out and watch The Mist. Now, I've read the novella, and it's among my favorite Stephen King stories, and Stephen King stories haven't often gotten very good movie treatments. But, this was awesome. The main plot line was followed quite well, the characters were cast appropriately, and the creatures were everything I imagined them to be. Even the ending, which is different from how the novella ended, was appropriate for a Stephen King story, and frankly it was a lot more satisfying than if they'd have kept the ending that the original story had.

It did have a couple parts to where it kind of started to go in a direction it didn't need to, but it quickly righted itself and kept to one of the more faithful renditions of a Stephen King work that I've seen. There were scenes where I was literally on the edge of my seat, even though I knew what was supposed to happen, it was still thrilling. You'd be doing yourself a favor if you went and watched this one.

So yeah, you could say I loved it. I would say that it's my favorite movie that I've watched all year, but I can't remember what I've all seen this year. I can't even remember what I watched past a month ago really.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: