Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sonya or Ain Gide?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you had a choice in Suikoden I, which of these 2 characters would you rather have join you?
Sonya Schulen
61%
 61%  [ 29 ]
Ain Gide
38%
 38%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 47

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mean to sound immature but let's be honest, Sonya iz the hot omg!!!!111!!!one!! And now Tir can make the moves on his father's girlfriend.

^Actual quote!
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had a choice I think I would still choose Sonya mostly because I used her and liked her as a playable character. I also liked her before she joined--the whole relationship with Tir's father and that she lost him...you know the sappy stuff. lol Another reason is probably because Ain Gide never caught my attention when I played the game. He just seemed (and looked) like a filler-character of the opposing forces. Maybe if we had gotten to fight him and see his weapons and strength etc. I would have been a little more intrigued.

Quote:

on the choice of Ain Gide or Sonya I would pick Sonya, No real desire to have Ain, but it would have been a nice choice to have for sure. I would NOT want to see it added in any possibly remake though, as i'm a big advocate for having the original game preserved if one was made. Touch ups are fine to clean things up and make it look nicer, but no tinkering with the game please.

Hmm...I think that would be a good addition to the remake... kinda like choosing your path...but I guess it wouldn't really work because Sonya's joining is important to the story whereas Ain wouldn't really have a reason to join...or would he?

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sonya is made into a Great General for the new Toran Empire right? I believe she is a general for the new empire in Suikoden 2's time. If they gave you a choice that would really screw continuity up.

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tinkering with the plot would be a mockery of the original Suikoden games.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ain Gide, because he looks more like a loyal imperial solider as sonya to me.. I think its stupid that you see ain gide only twice in the game...

i mean...why do they created his character-image for the messages?..it only appeared twice...hehe..
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The also made a portrait for Grady, the mayor of Rockland. And there is also a portrait for the Elf Elder. But strangely enough...they were never used...

^Actual quote!
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
The also made a portrait for Grady, the mayor of Rockland. And there is also a portrait for the Elf Elder. But strangely enough...they were never used...

hmm. yeah i heard of it, do you got them? the portraits? are they shown anywhere in the internet?

i've also seen a portrait for imperial archers.. it's also showed in this forum, when you click on someones profile..but where did it came from? i never saw it in the psx version of Suikoden 1..Is it from the saturn version?
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They show it in war battles. I remember they show Imperial soldiers in a portrait when attacking Garan (or somewhere else) and then I think they do again in another war battle. But it may have been Imperial infantry with swords. It's been so long...

Also, you can find Grady and the Elf Elder's portraits at suikosource.com

^Actual quote!
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Ain Gide just for the fact that it would be a new experience for me when playing the game. He seems like an intriguing character, and I wouldn't mind him as a star of destiny. Of course though, Sonya has a better history and she gets a point there, but I choose Ain just so I could have him to use.

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sonya Schulen, for the reason that Ain Gide joining would make almost no storyline sense. It is made clear at the bridge that he is blindly loyal to Barbarossa and would never betray him. Sonya, on the other hand, is not nearly as loyal to the Scarlet Moon Empire; she fights Tir to avenge Teo. Sonya joining just makes more sense.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... I'd rather have Sonya join, hands down.

She's Sonya; a great fighter and mage. She holds her own pretty well, both with and without a Rune.

In terms of challenge, Sonya was also harder; by a long shot. I actually had problems fighting her. Where as Ain Gide... I used Sonya to beat him, and she kicked his butt.

Then there's also the fact Sonya's a hot blonde. That also has a role in my descision somewhere. I don't see the point of commenting on Ain Gide.

As for military tactics, I never like the idea of attacking the front gate. That's just... Idiotic. I'd prefer a surprise attack against an unlikely fortress behind the main gate, like at Shazarazade, then use that location to attack from both sides. In other words, I like Matiu's choice of tactics. Very wise.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would still go with Sonya, but if I really had the choice I would pretty much prefer Ain Gide to be an extra character, a non-star one that getting will make us miss the good ending, as said above, playing with the history this much won't be fun, just doesn't seem well for Suikoden, although having two different histories would be kind of cool.

Even though a similar thing is done in Suikoden III with the whole three main heroes, at the end only one is most hinted to be the one you know.

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ain Gide all the way! He's got some seriously cool hair!!
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sonya. because Aine Gide was loyal 100% to Barbarosa and although he let Tirna dn co. passat Kwaba, it would be pretty hard to have him join. And Sonya is one of the fated 108 stars for this battle.

And plus Aine Gide was an imperial soldier, but not one of the "Six Great Generals" and it just seems fitting for Sonya to join. Everyone pretty much summed it up.
Rufus

The Non-Persian Immortals

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ain Gide is better for sure, Sonya was alright i guess, if not a bit of a whinger. Added to which she only got her position in the Scarlet Moon Empire because of her family rather than ability.
Whilst Ain Gide is a man of strenght and honour, he knew barbarossa was bad in the end but still protected him, unlike those other gutless dogs that change sides the moment things don't go their way (I'm looking at you Kwanda, Milich and Kasim)
So if you choose Ain he'd be your shield and someone to rely upon, whilst Sonya is a waste of space who just wants to kill you anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: